Part Five. RUMORS.

One and Only Freak (유일한 쟁이)

Lee Jong Hyun was silently walking, thinking hard on the thought that the girl he wished to avoid ever since the semester started, was actually liking him. He blushed, he smiled and he couldn't stop the thoughts that there are possibilities he could get himself a new girlfriend. He grabbed his bag from the room and went home.

 

          "Dad, thanks for the new PRS you sent, just got the package today," Jong Hyun talking on the phone with his father.

          "That's what you wanted right? But I chose red, I forgot which color you asked me to buy for you. Sorry."

          "It's fine. I asked you to buy me a white one but this red one's just burning!" said Jong Hyun as he started laughing.

 

Jong Hyun and his Dad are close and when it comes to music, his Dad is 100% supportive. After their conversation, he passed the phone to his Mom and he went straight to his room with his new guitar. He unwrapped the package and started plugging things so he can test it. He also opened his chords and tabs booklet since he forgot most of them. As he started plucking and strumming, he began to travel through his universe. The sound he made was melody that lets him calm down and be plainly rested. An hour later, he was interrupted by his phone. It was a call from his classmate.

          "Ya! Jong Hyun, I know it's late man but Shin and I are out drinking, you mind joining us?" said Min.

          "No that's okay, I also need a refresher. Where are you guys?"

          "We're at Hongdae, text me so I can pick you up from the subway gate, okay?"

          "Okay, I'll be there in 20."

 

The subway wasn't like the subway in the morning, Jong Hyun comfortably sit inside and so are the other commuters. But much to his surprise, he saw Jae Hee. He battled his thoughts if that was really Jae Hee, since she was dressed differently, seemingly going to a party or something. He was out of Jae Hee's sight but Jong Hyun can see her. She seems to be pretty all along, I guess I haven't just given it a thought since she haven't smiled at me once.

          "Min, I may be a bit late, I'm running an errand for my Mom," excused Jong Hyun as he planned to follow where Jae Hee was heading. He grew curious at the sight of a guitar, carried by Jae Hee.

          "You're late!" said a tall, lean man to Jae Hee.

          "Mom never wanted me to come but I wanted to study with you"

          "I'm sorry that you're tied up to all this divorce thing between me and your mom, oori Jae Hee, I'm sorry"

          "Dad, I'm okay. Just teach me this song's chords and strumming!" Jae Hee said as she flashed a smile to his father.

 

Jae Hee stayed at the tutorial center until 12 midnight and so is Jong Hyun. He was at the convenience store across the center and he can see Jae Hee with that man. Jong Hyun was still thinking if he's becoming attracted to this girl since he accidentally heard her confession or is it just his feelings that says so. He was glued on the 1 and a half hour tutorial while eating ramyeon and then suddenly he saw Jae Hee standing up and bowing to that man and embracing him. She quickly put her guitar into the case and walked out the center. Jong Hyun hurriedly finished what he was eating and gulped down the soup so that he can continue stalking Jae Hee. He was quite alarmed why she gave that man a hug.

 

          "I'm sorry Mom. Were you sleeping already? I'm on my way home now, okay?" Jae Hee was on the phone with her mother. As she tucked her phone in her pocket, he realized that someone took hold of her guitar case. She turned around and much to her surprise, it was Lee Jong Hyun. She had a questioning look rather than a surprised one.

          "Do you mind if I carry it for you?" asked Jong Hyun who is already carrying most of the weight of the guitar.

          "And did I gave you permission already?" snatching back the guitar from Jong Hyun

          "I meant to help Jae Hee yah..."

          "I didn't ask for it, as far as I know!"

          "Here we are at again, why are you so mad to me? I just wanted to help"

          "For the second time, I don't need your help!"

          "Ah... I see, are you still embarassed of what happened yesterday?"

          "Yesterday? What yesterday?" This jerk! He really heard us! Aish~

          "Nothing! But please let me just carry this one for tonight. We're friends remember?"

          "But I can carry this one on my own, so you don't need to"

          "You really are interesting! Fine!"

          "You go on, wherever you are heading to. I can manage!"

          "Okay, then I'll go and spread rumors that you are freely hugging aged men. Bye!"

          "WHAT?!"

Even before Jae Hee rant some more, Jong Hyun showed her a cunning smirk and ran away from her. Jae Hee's anger was at its  peak but she can't belt it out since she's on the streets and she doesn't want any commotion whatsoever. She went on walking, heavily though. That guy! Lee Jong Hyun! You're dead tomorrow! Why on earth did I like that man, so rude! Aish! 

 

 

HOW DID YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER SO FAR?

I LIKED WRITING THIS PART, JONGHYUN IS SUCH A STALKER! LOL

HOPE YOU CAN LEAVE COMMENTS. THANKS!