Part Fourteen. STABLE AND CALM

One and Only Freak (유일한 쟁이)

 

          "Jae Hee yah~"

          "Jong... Hyun... let me explain. I really am sorry for just leaving school without anything to say to you. I'm also worried that you might have misunderstood my actions. My dad, he's... He needs me by his side. I can't just leave him. He is still my father. I'm sorry... Jong Hyun... Jong Hyun? Hello?"

          "I'm still here."

          "Why aren't you answering? I said I'm sorry... I know, I'm at fault here."

          "Jae Hee yah~"

          "I'm really sorry..."

          "Jae Hee yah~ Do you know how much I miss you? I could've died from depression."

          "I'm.... so.... sorry...."

Jong Hyun and Jae Hee spent the next 20 minutes chatting over the phone until it was time for Mr. Park to go home and drink his medicine. Mr. Park walked Jong Hyun out of the center as he also head home. But Jong Hyun secretly followed Mr. Park to where he was going; he told himself that he should see Jae Hee. Jong Hyun kept his distance as Mr. Park entered the house. He tried to stop the curiosity first and waited patiently. He sat near the house’s doorstep and just waited.

 

The next morning…

         “Dad, eat your breakfast while I buy something from the market,” Jae Hee reminded her Dad.

         “Okay, be back quickly…”

         “Ne~” Jae Hee answered as she went out of their house. Then he saw someone leaning towards their gate. It was Jong Hyun.

         “What are you doing here?”

         “Hmmmm… Is that you Jae Hee?” Jong Hyun wiped the morning form his eyes and stood up as he realized it was indeed Jae Hee.

         “Jong Hyun, I’m asking you why you are here?”

Jong Hyun ceased the moment and didn’t answer; instead he kissed Jae Hee as he hugged her tighter as ever. Jae Hee felt the warmth of Jong Hyun’s body as they exchange sweet pecks. She knew in her heart that she wanted this, she wanted Jong Hyun and so she didn’t evade those kisses. Jong Hyun was just the same, he couldn’t stop himself from missing her too much.

         “You want to come with me?” Jae Hee asked.

         “Anywhere with you is fine with me…” Jong Hyun answered as he held her hands.

 

The quick trip to the market seemed to be a long “walk-in-the-park” date for the two as they held and linked arms. Jong Hyun couldn’t stop himself from staring and Jae Hee couldn’t be as happy. As they returned home, Jae Hee’s father met Jong Hyun once again.

         “Good morning, Mr. Park. I’m really sorry I followed you here. I really can’t…” Jong Hyun said with apologetic gestures.

         “I know young man, my Jae Hee misses you too. It was a good decision to follow me here so I don’t blame you.”

         “Dad~!” Jae Hee said feeling a bit embarrassed.

         “Why? Dad knows everything my dear daughter. You don’t need to hide it from me. I’m glad that you could see him now… By the way Jong Hyun, don’t you have classes today?”

         “No Sir, I don’t have. Uhmmm… Mr. Park, can I ask a little favor? I wish you grant my request.”

         “Speak young man, what is it?”

         “Can I borrow Jae Hee for today?”

         “Jong Hyun, I need to take care of my Dad, I’m not going. Dad needs me…” Jae Hee interrupted.

        “Jae Hee yah~ my daughter… I’ll be fine. You don’t need to worry, I’ll drink my medicine and eat lunch on my own. You spend the day with Jong Hyun… Young man, take care of my daughter. And return her here, okay?”  Mr. Park said as he finished speaking with a smile towards Jong Hyun.

         “Yes Sir, I will. Thank you Sir” Jong Hyun said.  Jae Hee gave her an angry look but eventually smiled as she got her coat.

 

Jong Hyun and Jae Hee said their goodbyes to Mr. Park as they prepare for the day’s “date”. Jong Hyun held her hand as they walk toward the bus stop.

         “Where do you plan to take me Mr. Lee?”

         “Hmmmm… I actually don’t have a plan Ms. Park. I just want to spend the rest of the day with you.”

         “Aish~ That’s what I hate about men, they always come unprepared,” Jae Hee said but thought it’s okay since it’s Jong Hyun…

         “But Jae Hee…”

         “Yes?”

         “Sorry…”

         “Sorry for what?”

         “For not knowing your situation. I could have been there to help you.”

         “It’s okay, I didn’t want to burden anyone, even my Mom. This may sound stupid and selfish but I wanted to take care of my Father alone.”

         “Yes, it was stupid~!”

         “What????”

         “There goes her temper again… I’m holding hands with the real Jae Hee!”

         “Of course this is the real Jae Hee! I am Jae Hee Park!”

         “I know, the Jae Hee Park that’s selfish and stupid!”

         “YAAAH!”

         “Jae Hee, what do you take me for? I’m your boyfriend; you can rely on me anytime. You were too selfish and I hated that, but seeing this situation right now, I came to understand that you needed me more than I thought.”

         “Jong Hyun…”

         “Ms. Park… Jae Hee yah~ I’m here… for you… So don’t think of running away from me… Okay?”

         “Okay.” Jae Hee said as Jong Hyun pinched her cheeks.

         “Aigooo, I missed you too much I could bite you~!” Jong Hyun said as he acted he was about to bite Jae Hee’s hand.

         “YAAAAAAAAAAH!”       

 

 

TO MY READERS, I’M SO SORRY THAT I JUST UPDATED NOW! FORGIVE ME~ ^^

BUT NOW THAT I’VE ADDED A NEW CHAPTER, HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

I GOT THE INSPIRATION FROM CNBUE’S NEW ABUM, 392 (THANKU2)

ESPECIALLY (MY BURNING) LEE JONG HYUN’S SONGS; Illusion and Coward! DAEBAK!

I WILL UPDATE SOON~! JUST POST IN YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS!