Part Eleven. RIGHT WORDS.

One and Only Freak (유일한 쟁이)

 

          “Jonghyun, your phone was ringing so I brought it here,” said Mrs. Lee who found his son out in their little veranda.

          “Thanks Eomma, you should go in, it’s cold in here.”

          “Then you should go in too, Hyunnie”

          “I’ll stay for a while. I’m okay here.”

          “If you say so, son. You better answer her right now.”

 

          Jong Hyun looked at his phone and realized that it was Jae Hee. He let out a deep sigh before answering her.

          “Hello?”

          “Jong Hyun…?”

          “Hmmm. Why?”

          “Nothing, I just… I want…”

          “I just want to say sorry. I want to know what happened. Is that what you wanted to say Jae Hee?”

          “Yes. And I can hear from your voice that you are still angry. Sorry.”

          “I’m not angry. I just felt bad. Aren’t we…”

          “Jong Hyun, meet me at Myeong Dong Bus Station 9:30 p.m.”

          “Huh? Now? Why? He… Hello? Jae Hee…? Hello!?”

 

          Jong Hyun was again dumbfounded. He thought if it was something like a prank call from someone who sounded exactly as Jae Hee. He checked his phone again and there it was - Jae Hee’s real number and the time that says 9:15. He started getting up from where he was sitting and suddenly, he was quickly picking up pace of everything he was doing. He told his mother that he’ll just grab some midnight snacks and off he went to the station.

          It was only a few blocks away from his house but he still rapidly walked the streets as if he was on a real hurry. He was in his thoughts when he heard a loud crash. He looked at the crash’s direction and saw that it was almost at the bus station – the bus station! He quickly got his phone from his pocket and dialled Jae Hee’s number. It rang…. And rang…. And just rang. He panicked and ran towards the site of the accident he saw a while ago. A few people blocked his way through, and then he came in to a halt. Jae Hee was on the cold asphalt road, forehead and right arm bleeding. Jong Hyun breathed in and out like crazy, he could not believe what he was seeing. He bent down to Jae Hee and called on to her name.

          “Jae Hee yah….” Jonghyun said in a weak, broken voice.

          “Jong…. Hyun…”

          “Can someone call 119!!! Jae Hee, we’ll get you to the hospital okay?”

          “Jong Hyun… I love you…”

          “I know… I know… And I love you too!”

          “But I’m so sorry… sorry... I will never do that again…”

          “It’s okay Jae Hee, it’s okay. Can someone help us please!!!!”

 

          Mr. Jung called Jong Hyun for the third time but he was rather spaced out and out of focus in their Lit class. The professor went near to his seat and tapped his armchair. Jong Hyun came back to his senses and was rather embarrassed by the situation.

          “Mr. Lee, I think your mind is somewhere else.”

          “I’m sorry Sir. Can I be excused for now?

          “Oh well, we all know too well that it’s hard for you… Okay, I’m letting you off today.”

          “Thank you Sir.”

 

          Jong Hyun carried his books and the critiqued script of his and Jae Hee’s. He didn’t waste any time and headed to the hospital. It was the day that Jae Hee was supposed to wake up from the slumber she had after the surgery on her cut forehead and broken arm caused by the accident three days ago. Jong Hyun stayed for the first two days but was told by Jae Hee’s mom to go attend classes for today. As soon as he arrived at the hospital, Jong Hyun grew nervous.

 

          Finally, he reached Jae Hee’s room. It was empty. Jong Hyun panicked, went to the nurses’ desk and asked for the patient at Room 401.

          “Nurse, where’s the patient at Room 401? Park Jae Hee’s her name.”

          “Let me check that for you Sir.”

          “Can you like please hurry up!? Where is she? Where’s my Jae Hee???”

         

          The nurses at the desk were startled by Jong Hyun’s raised voice. He was clearly worried to the extreme. But at that moment, Jae Hee was seeing the bothered and concerned Jong Hyun from afar. She let out a giggle and a big smile. She started dialling Jong Hyun’s number and called him.

          “Jong Hyun, don’t startle the nurses much. And don’t stare at them that long too or I might end up leaving you,” said Jae Hee and ended with a laugh.

          “Jae Hee, you! You’re driving me crazy! Where are you now?”

          “I like driving you crazy freak, I love it when you’re like that.”

          “Where are you so I can show you how mad I am with what you’re doing right now!”

          “The more I have to hide from you.”

 

          But little did Jae Hee know, Jong Hyun already spotted her. So he hurriedly went to where she was and locked her in his arms.

          “You’re so bad Park Jae Hee…” said Jong Hyun as he planted little pecks on Jae Hee’s bandaged forehead.

          “And you love this bad Jae Hee, right?”

          “Yes!” Jong Hyun couldn’t hold it longer, he gave Jae Hee a very passionate kiss, the one he wished to make with someone he really cherishes. Jae Hee reciprocated Jong Hyun’s kiss only to be stopped by a coughing sound made by someone from very near.

          “So this is what you do on a hospital corridor?”

          “Yejin ah~” said Jae Hee and ran towards her friend.

          “Good afternoon Mrs. Park” said Jong Hyun as he bowed for the greeting.

          “Aigoo, how can I hate this young lad.”

          “Thanks Ma’m!” Jong Hyun replied.

          “Let’s all go in. We changed to a bigger room.”

         

          As Mrs. Park and Yejin went on first, Jong Hyun held Jae Hee’s hands and pulled him back to a kiss. Jong Hyun looked at Jae Hee with such sweetness and they just smiled at this moment that both of them are happy in each other’s arms  . Jae Hee tiptoed to reach his man’s ears and whispered “I LOVE YOU…”

 

 

SORRY TO UPDATE THIS LIKE FOREVER!!! 

THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT, MY DEAR READERS...

BUT I MADE THIS CHAPTER SOOOOO  SWEET AND CHEESY 

TO PAY FOR THE LOOOOONG WAIT!  LOL.

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS ONE AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED

IMAGINING MYSELF AS JAEHEE! ^_^

PLEASE DO LEAVE IN YOUR COMMENTS GUYS! THANKS!