Part Three. ENCOUNTERS.

One and Only Freak (유일한 쟁이)

Yejin reached for Jae Hee's bag and started exploring its contents as they sat near the cafeteria. It's lunch time and Jae Hee knew that her bestfriend wants to eat snacks first before eating real food so she always brings something for her. 

     "We're not that close but... We'll definitely not be close in the future either. No. Never!" Jae Hee started mumbling, shaking her head slightly.

     "Who are you talking to? And why are you shaking your head?" asked Yejin who was still eager finding a snack in her friend's bag.

     "Uhm.. nothing. Don't mind me... Let me find that snack for you!"

     "Wait! What's this?" showing Jae Hee a handkerchief she found inside her bag.

     "That's a handkerchief!" Jae Hee said, suddenly she recalled how Jong Hyun said the same thing to her yesterday. 

     "I know it's a handkerchief, silly! But I want to know whose handkerchief is this? It's definitely not yours Jae Hee!"

     "And how did you know? I can buy anything I want. And a handkerchief isn't an exception. It's just that I don't use this often so you haven't seen this one yet, but it's mine" said Jae Hee without mistakes and stuttering.

     "Confirmed! It's really not yours!" Yejin said as she let out a loud laugh. "I know you so well. You are defensive because it's not yours! You can't fool me, we've been friends for who knows how  many years!" Yejin laughs again.

 

Jae Hee can't do anything but pout and sigh. It's true, she can't hide it from her bestfriend. Yejin managed to find a sweet bread in Jae Hee's bag and started eating it. She looked at Jae Hee, wanting to know who owns that handkerchief but Yejin knew better. She will give a minute more for her bestfriend to start conveying the answer. She trusts her that she will tell it to her. And after a few seconds, Jae Hee made the first move to get the handkerchief from Yejin, confess and tell what really happened yesterday.

 

      "Okay, I'll tell you who owns this handkerchief but promise me you won't make any wild reactions or anything!?"

      "Promise! So whose is it? Is he our schoolmate?"

      "Yes."

      "Tell me who!!!" Yejin, excited as ever.

      "Yesterday at class, he gave this to me because I was crying about this nice sonnet... L-Lee..."     

      "Excuse me, Park Jae Hee?" interrupted a voice so familiar that Jae Hee's eyes widened.

 

Yejin was the first one to face the speaker who was behind Jae Hee and much to her surprise it was Lee Jong Hyun.

     "Jong.. Hyun...?" Yejin asked as she quickly stood up from her seat.

     " Yes, I'm Jonghyun. Uhm... Mr. Jung asked me to find Jae Hee and tell her to report to Mr. Jung's room at 305." 

     "Really?" asked Jae Hee, still not facing the person behind her.

     

As Jae Hee stoop up, the handkerchief in question fell down from Jae Hee's lap. Jong Hyun noticed it and tried to get it. But Jae Hee reacted as well, bending and reaching for it when all of a sudden, both of their heads clashed at each other.

     "Yah!!!" shouted Jae Hee holding the part of her head that hurts.

     "Why? I was just reaching for my handkerchief! You were the one who didn't return it!" 

     "Whatever!" and Jae Hee grabbed her bag and quickly ran away from the area, leaving her friend.

     "Jae Hee yah!!! Wait for me...." shouted Yejin.

 

Jong Hyun was also a little mad so he didn't even care to look at Jae Hee running away. He got his handkerchief and thouht I was being nice already and all I can have is her shouting? I really can't understand her! Aish~ 

     "I'm sorry about... my friend... I don't know what's gotten into her."

     "That's okay. It doesn't hurt on my part" Jong Hyun said while holding his forehead and smiling towards Yejin.

     Oh my god, not that smile! thought Yejin and continued talking, "So is that handkerchief yours?"

     "Yes. It's mine. Sorry to say this but I also have to go."

     "No, it's okay. Sorry..."

     "Sorry? Your friend should be the one saying that after shouting towards me. Well anyways, bye!"

 

 

 

SORRY TO UPDATE VERY LATE...

GOT CAUGHT UP WITH EVENTS AND BUSY SCHEDULES! 

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER...

THOUGH THEY SEEM TO ALWAYS FIGHT

OR HAVE A COLD WAR OR SOMETHING! 

I WILL TRY TO UPDATE SOON...