Part Four. CONFESSIONS.

One and Only Freak (유일한 쟁이)

          "Mr. Jung, were you looking for me? " asked Jae Hee, all calm after what had just happened.

          "I just read all the scripts submitted to me via portfolio and two of you are chosen for the final selection of this year's production"

          "Really Sir?" Jae Hee was all smiles and enthusiasm for this merit. She didn't even notice someone coming in the room to join in the conversation.

          "Why didn't you and Ms. Park right here arrived together?"

          "Sorry, Sir" said Jong Hyun as he felt a darting stare coming from Jae Hee. He looked away and focused on Mr. Jung's words.

          "As I was saying, the both of you are supposed to be competing for the best script and submit it to me by the end of this month."

 

The two nodded as Mr. Jung explained the details in full. Once finished, they both head out from the Professor's office. There was silence. It's either they are still angry of what happened a little earlier or are just nervous of the competition. However, they both mustered the word...

          "Sorry~" the both of them said in unison. Jong Hyun smiled a little and so is Jae Hee.

          "I think you hurt your head back there.. Is it okay now?" Jong Hyun asked.

          "I think I'm okay now but I have to say this, your head's like a rock. It really hurt that's why I kinda shouted at you. I really am sorry"

 

Taken aback, Jong Hyun tried to open up and talk with Jae Hee as they walk along the corridors. Other girls are eyeing on them and Jae Hee was fully aware of it. She herself cannot believe that she's walking with the man who she hated for a while. 

          "Do you like music?"

          "Super! I wanted to learn some musical instruments this summer. Have to be busy with something."

          "Great! I play the guitar but I still have a lot to work on so I can't possibly teach you."

          Did i say I wanted you to teach me? "Ah.. okay..." Jae Hee replied.

          "But if you want, I can teach you basics." Jae Hee's face started to become hot as Jong Hyun said those lines, she doesn't know why is this happening to her. Then, silence. 

 

The both of them continued walking and Jong Hyun started to ask again.

          "Are you really like that Jae Hee?"

          "Like what?" she somewhat felt irritated again but she tried to calm her nerves and listened to what he has to say

          "I think your personality's interesting. I can never guess what's real and what's not?!"

          "So you're saying I'm two-faced or something?"

          "It's not like that... I'm just saying that you're unpredictable"

          "Excuse me?" Jae Hee 's now a bit mad at Jong Hyun's honest words. Who is he to tell me these things? And why am I even listening to him?

          "But that makes you interesting, Park Jae Hee. I'm really curious. So can we be friends now?"

          Eh? Friends? This guy? "Uhmmm... O-okay... As long as you don't get on my nerves!"

          "Do I? Okay fine, I won't! Thanks Jae Hee."

          Thanks? What for? "Welcome!"

 

Jae Hee went the other way and so is Jong Hyun. That was quite casual, she thought. She can't quite comprehend what had just happened so she quickly grabbed her phone and texted her bestfriend. 

          "No need to do that Jae Hee yah~" Yejin, who was just inches away, surprised Jae Hee.

          "Oh my god, I just had one of the weirdest moments of my life Yejin ah~"

          " I know, just saw you a while ago with THE Lee Jong Hyun you're angry with... that is weird alright! So what happened?"

 

Jae Hee told her bestfriend what happened in full details and Yejin cannot control letting out some little screams which Jae Hee has to stop once in a while by covering Yejin's mouth.  

          "Yejin, stop doing that!"

          "I'm just happy! Finally, an interaction between you two! Lee Jong Hyun is a must-grab!"

          "Then you do that, I'm perfectly fine without him..." said Jae Hee with a rather different tone which made Yejin squeal some more.

          "Jae Hee yah~ until when do you plan to not tell me your true feelings huh? I'm your bestfriend remember?"

          "I know so by now, what you're thinking is true. But I'm warning you, it's just THAT and nothing else." 

          "Oh my god Jae Hee, that was fast!"

 

A man carrying a hand-out for Jae Hee was fast approaching but the bestfriends were too busy chatting at the corner of the locker areas. The man walked to their direction as he can hear what the two were talking about...

          "Oh my god Jae Hee, that was fast! You're attracted to Lee Jong Hyun?"

          "You know me, the more I hate the guy, the more I fall for him. It happened to be Jong Hyun this time..."

 

Suddenly the man stood frozen at his area, his stance was now felt by the two. As they turn their heads to his direction, the man blushed and showed his dimples as if controlling a big laugh coming. He tried walking three more steps to hand out the paper to Jae Hee. He tried to talk but it was somewhat hard to open his mouth. He cleared his throat a bit and started talking.

          "I... I forgot to... give this to you. Yes! I forgot to give this to you" said Jong Hyun rather excited.

          "Thank you" replied Jae Hee who seemed to have seen a ghost.

 

As Jong Hyun waved bye to them and faced the other direction, he cannot stop himself from smiling too big that his dimples just prominently showed on both sides of his face. The other party, however, was now stoned to position. Both Yejin and Jae Hee felt nervous that their subject a while ago, happened to have appeared in front of them. After 3 seconds, the girls went back to reality. Yejin screamed and even shook Jae Hee with excitement. But Jae Hee felt nervous, way, way nervous. Did he just hear everything? Why, of all people, did Jong Hyun appear as we were talking about him? Why? Jae Hee thought as she crashed her face straight onto both of her palm. OH MY GOD! WHAT A DAY!!!

 

 

 

YAHOO! I FINALLY WROTE SOME SWEET, FUNNY PARTS INTO  MY STORY!

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS SO FAR... 

WILL THEY BE MORE AWKWARD TO EACH OTHER AFTER THIS?

FIND OUT! KEEP READING! THANKS!!!