Becoming/Needing a Wingman

Meeting You

Sandy POV

Throughout the week, I had tried my best to come home quickly to keep watch of Ren. He's gotten better and doesn't seem as tired anymore. Our relationship has gotten better as well. The boy doesn't avoid or ignore me anymore and we have small talk every now and then. Though, I don't think he's comfortable enough to talk about Baekho. But we've gotten close enough that the others had notice. Even Aron did.

"Hey lookie! The two are talking!" The eldest had squealed when he saw us both chatting on the couch when they came home the other day. Ren had just rolled his eyes at his hyung and I gave a giggle.

JR smiled and said, "That's good to know you two are on better terms."

I nodded and Baekho literallly flew across the room and hugged the maknae. "Rennie~ah!" He squeezed the small boy as he just sat there with a irritated expression. He flapped his arms around to whack off him and the two had a mini cat fight for a little. I looked up and made eye contact with Minhyun. He looked back at me with an amused expression.

Right now, it was Friday and I was home with Ren and we were atlking about the randomest stuff. It varied from what it was like being a celeberity to eating kimchi to losing your pants. We had laughs and a light-hearted conversation. During the chatting, I found out somethings about the boy. Despite how people think he acts because of his looks, he was actually a lot more playful and straightforward. Most think he's a diva and cares a lot about his appearance, not that he doesn't, but it's just that he doesn't think about himself as most would think so. After, I told him about school and my friends there. I talked about Yoseob and how he's pretty much my brother and the others at the cafe. Then there was Dongho and the resurant. He smiled slightly as he listened.

"You seem to have close friends, huh?" Ren commented. I nodded happily. He sat there in thought for a while before frowning a little. "If you were so close, why didn't you ask for help when you needed it? Did they even know you lost your parents?"

Biting my lip, I nodded a little and explained, "Well, they did know my parents were lost. Actually, Yoseob had offered me to live at his place until high school was over. But I said no. I mean, at the time, I was given to foster parents. However they were kind of forced into it because they were related to the people that set up all that foster parent thingy. So they didn't want to keep me. All they did was give me leftover food and I had to take myself to school and back and to anywhere I wanted. It felt uncomfortable... so I just left." I paused before continuing. "That may sound stupid but I just went away. I'm sure they didn't care because no one has come looking for me. But that's okay since when I lived by myself, I didn't feel any different from when I was living with my foster parents. Yes, I was alone and it was harder to come by but I wasn't bothering anyone. And at school and work, I had friends there welcoming me everyday." I smiled and Ren looked at me.

"Didn't your friends try to help you?"

"They didn't know I left my foster parents to live by myself. Otherwise they'd all be trying to get me to go to another foster parent but I don't really want to. Yoseob, knowing him as long as I have, would've urged me to live with him and his family. I would have been comfortable since I knew his family too but they live in a small house and there's barely any space. Also, even though they are doing fine, another person to feed would have been alot more work. I ddin't want to do that."

Ren looked down and his bangs covered his eyes. There was a silence that fell cover us for a little before he remarked, "You must feel so lucky. I mean, beside losing your parents and living by yourself."

Nodding, I said, "Yeah, I guess. Even though, I did lose my parents and I still miss them a lot, I have friends who are always there for me."

"Uh-huh?" He gave a small sigh before continuing. "You're so strong. Even after all that's happened, you still have a smile on your face and still doing your thing. You have amazing friends who look after you too. And me? I'm just a puny pretty boy. All my life, I've been made fun of because of how pretty I was. My parents tried to help me but they were always at work. And when they were home, they had work to do at home. I'm not saying they didn't love me, but I didn't have the attention that most kids should. It sounds selfish but that's the truth to how I felt." He paused and a small smile came over his face. "However, auditioning to become a trainee in the Pledis company was ptobably the best decision I've ever made. When I was a trainee, I met the others. They were so nice and I felt so happy. Especially being around him. Baekho was always there for me and his ridiculous grin made my heart beat. The others were my new family and I love them all."

I smiled knowingly and then he stopped abruptly. "Hey, I just realised you're the first person I told this to."

"Really?" I looked at him surprised. "Why?"

The boy shrugged and answered, "I don't know." He pondered in thought before saying, "Maybe it's because you seem like... I don't know but kinda like a sister? I know that we haven't been talking for that long and that was my bad but I don't know. I just sort of feel a connection with you... You seem a lot more comfortable to talk with than the others."

A smile crept on my face, knowing that Ren trusts me now. "Well, I feel that way about you too. You're comfortable to talk with too. By the way, random question: why don't you tell Baekho that you like him?"

He looked at me as if I was crazy. "Duh, it's because I don't want to ruin out friendship and he probably isn't gay."

"Oh yeah... derp." I laughed and then said, "Then why don't you do anything?"

"I don't want to..." He pouted cutely with a light shade of pink in his cheeks.

"Well then. Imma help you then!"

"Huh?" He turned to me startled. "Say what?"

There was a ginormous grin on my face as I said, "Uh-huh. You heard me. I going to help you and Baekho!"

"But- but-" Ren stammered but I jumped up and hushed him.

"No buts! I'm helping whether you like it or not!" Then I ran to the other room and grabbed a penciel to write down ideas (I know... I'm awkward like that) and left Ren behind on the couch, looking around in confusion and disbelief. He rushed over and squirmed as I kept the paper away from him. We laughed then heard the door open.

"Annyeong!" Baekho's clear voice echoed into the room. Ren blushed slightly before recomposing himself and elbowed me. I laughed and the other members came in the room. Minhyun looked at me with knowingly eyes and Aron just ran around like a child. JR eyes met mine and I looked away, trying to hide a blush. "What are you guys doing?" Baekho questioned us.

Realising I was still holding my paper, I hid it in my pocket and tried to make up an excuse to a curious Baekho.

Later on, I had been trying to get Ren to communicate with Baekho more, much to his irritation. However, it was fun to watch, especially for Minhyun and I while JR just watched in amusement on the sidelines. And Aron... well, Aron's just Aron.

Finally, it was time for everyone to go to sleep. Aron skipped to his room and the "couple" was bickering about who was more popular as Minhyun elbowed me and we exchanged laughs. "This is going well."

"Ya think?" Minhyun excitedly jumped and exclaimed, "It's awesome!! This is hialrious!!" I laughed and urged him to sleep after the long day. "Okay okay. But we have to do something more! okay?" I nodded so he would go to room and get some sleep. When he finally did, I turned to see JR still sitting at the table, head on the table. I tip-toed over and bent over near him. Not sure if he was asleep or not, I just stared at his hair.

What should I do? Should I poke him? Or should I leave him? But that would hurt his back... is he even asleep? Still not sure, I just decided to poke him. Lifting a finger, I slowly hovered it over his shoulder then softly poked him and retracted my hand. He stirred and lift his head and his sleepy eyes met mine. I stopped mesmerized by eyes for a second before snapping back and saying, "Sorry, did I wake up? I was just worried if you fell asleep here, you would hurt for back..."

JR just smiled (and that made my heart pound... a lot...) and responded, "No, it's okay, I wasn't alseep... yet. But I wouldn't have wanted to sleep out here anyways. Thanks." He then yawned and streched his arms as he stood up. After he finished stretching, he looked me and asked, "Aren't you going to sleep soon?"

"Eh, I'm going to try but I'm not very sleepy right now." I answered as I walked to the window and looked up at the stars, heart still pounding. "Imma probably stay up a little longer."

"Okay, but be sure to go to sleep. Alright?"

I nodded and I heard his footsteps lead to his room. I sighed and placed my hands on my cheeks. They were burning up. I hope he didn't see... Geez, am I falling for the charismatic leader? My heart going crazy and my head's all weird... What am I going to do? I sighed and looked out again. The dark night sky was so clear and pretty. The bright stars are twinkling and the moon was full. It looked so nice that I decide to go out the balconey. I grabbed my jacket and shuffled out into the cold air. The breeze blow against my face as I took a breath of the crisp air and felt the cold. Ever since I was young, I;ve alway loved the cold. My parents would always try to get me to wear mittens and fuzzy socks and what-not to keep me warm, but NO. I was a rebel (haha, just kidding but seriously...). I sat on the hammock set outside and just listen to the city noises below. It was nice, though. The quietness, not including the cars, was soothing. The only thing that make this better would be a hot cup of hot chocolate and maybe someone to talk to.

Then suddenly I felt something soft wrap around my neck. I jumped a little and turned to see a chuckling ange- I mean, JR. I looked down to see a dark scarf. The same one JR had bought me. "I bought you it. Now use it."

I smiled and wrapped it tighter and looked at him and said, "Thank you."

"Uh huh."He smiled and said, "I thought I told you to go to sleep." The boy took a seat next to me on the hammock.

"I thought I told you to go to sleep." I countered and laughed. He laughed and said touche. "What are you doing out here?"

He shrugged and said, "Didn't feel sleepy anymore." I nodded before he continued to say, "And I didn't want leave you outside alone" I looked down with a shade of hot pink in my cheeks. We silently sat in the cold air and listened to the sounds of the city. It was nice to be out here with a friend. The presence of another person was comforting. I've alway been a person who hated being alone. With JR next to me, I felt I could stay here forever. I liked JR. He was kind and caring and I liked his smile, his personality, tenderness, his charisma, his eyes... By this time, my chest was crazy and my head was all fuzzy. Aw geez... now I might need a wingman...

After half an hour, my eyelids started to get heavy. Before I knew it, I drifted to sleep and rest welcomed me.

JR's POV

I walked in my room and changed into pajamas. Minhyun was already in bed, sleeping like a baby. After washing up, I looked in the living room to see if Sandy had went to sleep yet. The couch was empty and so was the room. I realised she was outside when I felt a draft coming from where the balconey was. She shouldn't be sitting out there alone. She's gonna get cold and sick. Well, better go check on her and give her company. I was beginning to walk out when I noticed a dark frabic sticking out of a bag near her stuff. It was the black scarf I bought for. I quickly grabbed it and walked out. Outside, I saw her sitting on the hammock, watching the city. I wrapped the fuzzy scarf around her and saw her jump a little. She was so cute when she was scared.

There was a brief moment of talking before we both just sat in silence outside. It wasn't awkward silence and just being made me... happy? I guess that could be the word to describe this. As we sat there, I realised that Sandy and I never really talked. We have but nothing about ourselves. It was about Ren and Baekho every other time we talked. However, I still felt comfortable with her. Usually, I would be awkward with someone I don't really know, but she's an exception.

After a while, something heavy fell on my shoulder. Sandy had fallen asleep. I looked down and saw her pink cheeks and red-tipped nose. It was absolutely adorable! I mean- ah hem (I'm a man. Men don't call things adorable), it was... sweet? Nevermind. But I felt my heart race and my breaths became a little quicker. What is this feeling? This is weird...

"Aish..." I sighed and positioned myself to carry the sleeping gitl inside.Carrying her bridal style, I made my way to the couch and set her down on the cushion. Then I grabbed a blanket and cover her. I was about to leave before noticing how pink her cheeks looked. She must be cold. I came back beside her and rubbed my hands together. After they got warm, I held them to her cold cheeks. I did this several times and when I felt that her cheeks were warmer, I stopped and got up. Okay, now to go to sleep.

I turned my heel and began to walk to my room. Oh, and was it just me or was there a small smile on her face after I had warmed her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all! New chapter! Now the SandyxJR shall come in. And my Baekren... ;w; How adorable... LoL. I'm a crazy Baekren shipper. :P Ren is my bias but I find it easier to write for JR... and Ren belongs to Baekho... and I can't bare to seperate them... OKAY. I'll stop with random facts about myself and my crazy fangirlyness... Haha. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Oh, and the picture... I can't find a good one on Google images. xD All the good pictures are on Facebook! LoL But I just thought this pic was cute.

Thanks again to subscribers/commenters! I lub you! And silent readers.... >.> LoL Just kidding but seriously... and you wanna add me as a friend you can... IDK I just wanted to say that. :P Anyways, love ya! :D ♥