My New Friend

Meeting You

Sandy's POV

After the members had gotten home, we called for a doctor to check up on the maknae. It was just due to some stress and nothing to fret over. The doctor said a week or so of rest will have Ren back up on his feet. We had thank the doctor and he left. Soon after that, we had decided that Ren would stay home and rest while the other members would go out to their schedules and I go to school and work. There will be one member at home to watch Ren. At this point, Baekho immediately volunteered and Minhyun and I shared amused glances.

The next day, I went to school. At school, I couldn't focus very well since I knew that Ren was at home sick.

What if something were to happen and I'm at school, so I wouldn't be able to help and that was led the entire NU'EST fan club to crash and collapase and I would be feeling guilty for not being about to do anything all because I was at school and that-

"Sandy!" My teacher hit the my desk with a stick.

"Yes?" My attention snapped back to imtimidating teacher standing above me. Her eyes clearly told me what she was going to say: 'Pay attention or bad things...' I gulped as she continued to walk away. I turned to Yoseob, who made a face at me in amusement. Turning one myself, I stuck my tougne out at him. After school and at work, I worried over the boy at home. I spaced out every now and then and would alway catch myself staring directly at someone and wouldn't notice till they would make a face at me. Awks...

In fact, I was so spaced out that Yoseob noticed. "Hey. you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine! Just worried about someone at home...."

"Oh? Is someone sick? Is it your foster parent?"

"Foster par-" I started but quickly stopped and caught myself. "Oh! Um, yeah..." I smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck. Holy crap that was close.

Yoseob's POV

Sandy seemed out of it today. In school, she just stared off into space and barely did her work. This would be normal, since I assume that school was boring and even the best people would space every now and then. But even at the cafe, she would accidentally stare at people and then awkwardly realized it and look away.

Even when I asked, she said that one of her foster parent was sick. Which would okay but she seem to pause and quickly make up an answer. I'm her best friend, I would know.

Something tells me that she's probably hiding something. It was weird that she would be hiding something from me since we've been friends forever... in fact we were pretty much siblings. But I'm sure she has her reasons, since knowing Sandy for this long, she alway has a reason. I trust her and she can tell me when she's ready.

"Hey Sandy! You're done for the day. Shoo!" I called after her as she walked into the kitchen. She turned to look at me as if I was crazy and I just smiled. "Go on, one of your foster parent's at home sick and you're practiclay a robot. So go, little one! Fly!" I dramatically flapped my fake wings (arms) and floated over to her. Her face was surprised but it quickly broke into a smile as she jumped on me and thanked me gratefully. I smiled and ruffled her hair a little and I pushed her a little. After she changed into her other work clothes, she waved to me and ran out the door. I grinned and waved back cheerfully, though as soon as she was gone, my smile fell a little.

"Sandy, you know you can tell me anything right? Just like family, I'll always be here for you if you need help." I spoke to myself.

Sandy's POV

Woah! That was completely out of the blue for Yoseob. Never thought he would give me a day off. Well, I guess I did space out. And sort of... lie... I slowed down as I walked to the resturant. I hate lying to Yoseob. He was like the brother I never had. He was always there for me, wwhen I was having hard times and when my parents died and all the other times. Always there to cheer me up and I lie right in his face. I felt awful but could I tell him? Would the NU'EST members be mad? I did make a promise... but I think they would understand if I explained...

I sighed and shook my head. I'll figure this out later. I rushed to the resurant where I was greeted by the others. They were surprised I came this early but they didn't mind. I worked for the usually 3 hours and left. By now it was 4:30, earlier than what I was use to. I made my way back to the dorm quickly to check up on Ren. At the front, I paused. Even though he a little warmed up to me, it's still a bit awkward... Oh well! I creaked the door open and walked in. I stepped in, a sleepy boy started to walk out in his pajamas. "Hello, Ren!" I cheerfully greeted him.

Instead of his usual glaring, he just looked at me as he nodded a little and continued walking. "Are you hungry?" He collapsed on the couch tirely and nodded. With a box of food in hand, I walked to the kitchen to get some chopsticks. I came back and sat down next to the maknae. After a while, he finished his food and I washed the dishes and came back to sit next to him again... awkwardly... The silence last for about 15 minutes before I could muster enough courage to ask, "So you like Baekho, huh?"

He turned and looked at me sharply as I gulped. There was a paused before he looked away.

Ren POV

As soon as the words left , my heart tighten a little. I turned her way before looking back down. There was no point. I already blew it. Instead of denying it, I just slowly nod my head 'yes'. I don't know what I was expecting; laughing, disgust, or horror. Honestly, I just wasn't expecting a good reaction. However, out of the blue, a small pair of arms wrap around me in a warm embrace. At first I struggled a bit, but I thought what was the point. In fact, this actually nice... comforting...

Barely a whisper, i heard her soft voice say, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be in the way of you and him." I sat there, surprised. I didn't know what to do. Instead of trying to push her off, I heasitantly put one arm around her.

"Gwenchana. It's okay. Don't apologize..." I started. "It was my fault for being a jealous wreck. I'm sorry for making you feel bad."

Sandy sat back and looked at me. "But please except my apology!"

I held in giggle at her alarm. How could she think that I wasn't going to accept her apology? "I accept." She sighed a breath of relief and smiled. "But you also have to accept mine." She pouted a little before nodding.

Then she smiled to me and stuck out a hand. I looked at it confused. She seem to read my mind since she said, "Friends?"

I looked at her hand and before looking at her face. A silly grin was plastered to her face. A grin that belonged to the girl that use to make my life (just a little bit) miserable. A grin that I would have ignored and hated about a day ago. But now, it's a grin that was comforting and welcoming. I stuck out a hand too.

"Friends." I smiled as well.

Sandy POV

OH MA SHISUS! HE'S SMILING AT ME! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong! This chapter was a little short but, you know, I just needed a chapter for the part where "you" and Ren become buddies. :3 Haha, so do you like it so far? This seemed a bit rushed so please forgive the poopiness... My school's really tough so I don't have too much time since I'm also in volleyball and the school play... :P I promise I'll make time for you all though!

Yeah... that's all. Thank you sunscribers again and commenters. LoL. PLease comment and subscribe? I love you guys! Will try to update even more! ♥♥