Why am I like this?

Meeting You

JR POV

The morning light beamed through mine and Minhyun's shared room and shined directly on me. Groaning a little, I rolled over to the side of the bed and just sat there. Blinking several times, my eyes finally adjusted to the brightness of the morning. Uh... I thought when I remember today was my day to make breakfast. The members were terrible at cooking but they had to make an effort to make food otherwise they would be wasting all their money.

I relucently stood up and began walking out the room towards the kitchen. The sweet scent of food greeted me on his way in the hallways. That was strange, usually the other members would be too lazy to make food if it wasn't their day. I slowly made my way to the room where the scent was coming from. There, I peeked in and saw someone making food at the stove, humming to themself. Who was it? Is that the girl, Sandy? I decided to walk in, yawning. She turned at the sudden noise but relaxed when she saw the sleepy boy.

"Annyeong! Did you juat wake up? I was just making breakfast." I rubbed his eyes, nodding an walked over to her. I watched her make some bacon and thought she was crazy for flipping bacon with hot jumping oil so fearlessly. "I made some waffles, toast, eggs, and bacon. I hope that's okay." Nodding again, I began to walk the table to sit down. How can someone wake up so early in the morning and be so happy? There silence for couple of minute, the only sound was sizzling oil.

Finding this a bit awkward, I tried to make small talk. "So, Sandy, are you feeling any better?"

"Much! Thank you so much for letting stay here! That was the best night of sleep I've had in a while. That was all I needed, a good night of sleep." She flashed me a smile that seem to brighten the room immensely. My heart seemed to skip a beat before I noticed that I was staring. Flustered I looked down and the table suddenly became absolutely fasinating. The sizzling oil stopped and she placed all the food on six plates. Seeing she was out of hands, I stood up to help her bring the food to the table. Sandy had three plates while I carried only two. She's a master at balance. I sat down to eat but suddenly remembered the milk.

As I got up, Sandy went to get the last plate. When she started to walk back, she slipped. Unconciously, I quickly ran to her and slipped my arm under her to keep her from hitting the ground. The plate crashed loudly on the floor and the glass shattered into thousands of pieces. But I wasn't paying attention to that. Time seem to slow when I noticed how close Sandy and I were. She looked at me wide eyed and I stared back into her eyes. I swear, she could hear my heart beating fast. "Um..." she awkwardly stuttered and looked away flustered.

I blinked snapping back to reality.Coughing a little, I pulled her and let her go. "Uh, sorry. Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." The other members rushed in with PJs on and bed head hair looking alarmed.

"What happen?!" Minhyun looked at Sandy and I, trying to figure out what happened.

Sandy quickly explained, "I just slipped and the plate broke. That's all."

Aron walked over and inspected Sandy. "Not hurt, right?" She shook her head quickly, assuring him she was fine.

Baekho ran over and looked at the food. He poke a fork in the food and took a bite. As if he had just met the love of his life, Baekho squealed and looked at Sandy. "This is delicious! You're an amazing cook! Better than these punks." He pretended to look  disgusted at the other members. I rolled my eyes at this kid. Food being the love of his life wasn't that far fetched and he didn't even take second look at Sandy.

I noticed Sandy started to pick up the glass. Bending down I started to pick up shards too. Not noticing how close we were, we accidentally grabbed the same piece at the same time. When our hands touched, we looked up and pulled our hands back. She looked at away, a little pink in the cheeks and continued to pick up the glass. I bit the bottom of my lip and looked back at her for a second. I blinked and mantally slapped myself. What's wrong with me?

"Yah, babo! Stop picking up the glass with your hands." Aron scolded and handed us a mop out of no where.

Sandy picked it and nodded. "Um, JR, go eat your food. It'll get cold." Sandy mutter to me as he continued to clean. Realising how hungry I was, I sat down with the others, who were already seated.

Minhyun looked over and shouted, "Yah! Sandy come eat!"

She shook her head. "I just dumped my breakfast. Plus, I'm used to no breakfast." But Minhyun pouted and stood up to pull her to the table. He wasn't taking no as an answer. He took Aron's plate and pushed it to her.

"Eat." He ordered Sandy.

"But Aron-" "Nah, don't worry about me. I never eat breakfast anyways. You were sick last night too so get some food into your stomach." Aron sat back and relaxed himself. I finished my food in silence and excused myself to go change.

Sandy POV

JR left to go change out of his PJs. I thought back to just a couple minutes ago. He was so close, I was looking into his mezmerising dark eyes and then I touched his hand. For some reason, my heart was thumping super fast. Is it possible I like him? Well, a lot of people like him. But he'll never look at me more than a fan. I sadden a bit at the thought but I was lucky enough to be around NU'EST in general so I shouldn't be complaining.

"Earth to Sandy! Ello?" Baekho was waving a hand in front of me as I blankly stared at the wall.

"Huh? Sorry. I was just thinking."

"About what? Your boyfriend? Ohlalaaaa!" Minhyun nudged me and I playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"I don't have a boyfriend." I laughed. Baekho waved again.

"Eh! I'm talking here!" I turned my attention to Baekho. "Finally! Geez, keke. Just kidding but random question so we can get to know each other better. Who is your bias? And be honest."

I  giggled a little and said, "All!"

"Not an option." Minhyun wagged a finger in the air and shook his head disapprovingly.

"Fine fine. Baekho."

"Bwoh?! I'm dissappointed. I thought you had better taste in men." Minhyun pretended to cry in misery as Baekho beamed. Aron just laughed and continued to eat. Ren was still quietly eating food.

"Well, I'm sorry. Keke. My turn to ask a question! Um... Lemme see..." I looked around trying to think of a question. "Ah-ha! If you could have one wish, what would you wish?"

"To have any food I want, anytime!" Baekho stated as if it were obvious.

Minhyun rolled his eyes and thought for a bit. "Hm... Oh! I know! The biggest banned stamp dipped in the blood of 15 bunnies!" We raised an eyebrow at him and he just laughed. "What? Couldn't think of anything!"

"So that was the first thing you thought of? Uh-huh, my first thought too." Aron retorted and Minhyun stuck a tougne out. "I'd wish for NU'EST's success!"

I chuckled at his enthusiasm then turned to Ren. "And you, Ren?" He looked at me coldly.

He mumbled, "For you to leave." The other members looked sharply at him. I tried to continue to smile, pretending not to be affected but I hated getting rejected. It hurt to have someone not care about you and wanting you out of their life. Baekho, sitting the closest him, hit him. Ren rubbed his arm and looked away before saying, "Sorry." He continued to say, "For the one I like to like me back and not have a stupid person take them away from me."

Baekho looked at Ren and said, "Geez, what's your problem? Sorry, Sandy. He's not usually like this."

I shook my head and lied, "I don't care. I'm fine." The rest of breakfast was spent in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the members went to go change, I began to wash the dishes and pick up he pieces on the ground. Ren's words echoed through my head as the picked up the sharp glass. Am I bothering him that much? Maybe I should just leave. A tear ran down my cheeks and my mouth tasted salty tears. Why am I so sensitive. He was probably just kidding. He did apologize after so it's okay. I forgive him so am I still crying?

"I'm sorry."

JR POV

I finish dressing and walked out as Minhyun walked in. I was just barely out the door before Minhyun grabbed my arm and pulles me back in.

"What's wrong?"

Minhyun bit his lip and whispered, "Do you think Ren is doing okay?"

"Bwoh? Wae?"

"Well, Sandy and we were just talking and then Ren said he wishes that Sandy would leave." I stared at the tall boy in front of me. Ren? I know he was blunt but never like this. He would usually keep quiet.

"How'd Sandy react?"

Minhyun shrugged and said, "She said she didn't care."

I nodded and assured the tall boy. "Don't worry I'll talk to him."

I began to walk out to the kitchen to check on Sandy, but stopped when I heard sniffling. I stopped at the door and just listened her cry. I'm so stupid, I should go in and comfort her. But my legs won't respond. Instead, I just peeked in and saw her picking up glass and tears strolling down her cheeks. She looked like she needed a hug but I'm too much of a coward to help.Why am I like this? I began to turn to leave but stopped when I heard a small yelp. I turned and immediately ran in the kitchen to the girl on the ground.

Kneeling down, I saw blood dripping from a finger and looked at her face. She tried to dry her tears and pull her hand back but I held it tightly. She looked down and I inspected her bleeding finger. Luckily it wasn't deep but it was bleeding a lot. My tougne tasted blood as it I brought her finger to my mouth. She flinched and was about say something but I looked at her eyes to assure her it was okay. She closed and just watched. Finally it stopped and I grabbed a bandage to wrap it. She looked at her mended finger and looked at me. "Thank, JR." I just got up silently, smiled, and walked out. Why am I like this?