A Day at an Amusement Park

Meeting You

Sandy's POV

I yawned as we all sat in the car, driving to the park. It was fairly early and we had all woken up early to get there with minimal traffic. Ren was napping on Baekho's shoulder as he quietly chattered with JR. Minhyun and Aron were bickering about who knows what in the front and I was just looking out the window. I was rather excited since I haven't been to an amusement park in years. Oh, but there was one thing I forgot to mention. I have a slight ph--

"We're here!"

All our eyes turned to the left window towards the excited voice of tha tall boy. Around the corner I saw the entrance and the rides were coming into view. A smile appeared on my lips as well as a small ping in my chest. I was never one to cry and whine much but the last time I was here was with my parents. A nostalgic wave filled me and I bit my lip.

"Hey, you ok?" A soft nudge from the side brought me back to my senses and I quickly tried to erase all the memories. I turn to meet JR's dark eyes and quickly shook my head. "You sure? You looked a bit... well, um...it might be nothing but... you looked a bit sad?"

My head went down as I tried to avoid eye contact. Thank god the others were too excited looking around and bickering to notice JR and me in the back. "It's... nothing. I just thought of something, But it's nothing to worry about. I'll get over it." I looked up and smiled assuringly. He looked unconvinced but didn't push further. He nodded and looked back to the others. It's not I didn't trust JR but I'd rather not let my emotions get the better of me. Plus, today was going to be fun. No time for my sad sob story. I'm going to it up and have fun. I nodded to myself and smiled.

When we finally got out of the car and into the park, Minhyun's first instinct was to locate food while Aron's was to the rides.

Aron threw his hands in the air. "We just ate a hour ago!"

"An hour too long without food!" Minhyun cried back.

"I second rides!" Baekho joined in and ran to the Merry-Go-Round.

The oldest scoffed. "Are you kidding me?! That's for the weak! We need to go on the giant rollar coasters and the manly rides!"

I held back a giggle next Ren, who watched amusingly beside me. "They're all idiots." The blond shook his head and we both laughed. "I'd rather go on the Merry-Go-Round though. Won't mess up my hair as much."

"Oh please. Your hair will be fine." I snorted at him. "Though I would actually rather go on there too."

Ren nodded once. "Agreed."

We ended up going on the Merry-Go-Round, much to Aron's disappointment and Baekho's delight.

When Baekho was finally satisfied after 6 rides on the Merry-Go-Round, Aron got to dragged us all to the dropzone.

"No."

"BUT WHY?"

"My hair."

"BUT REEEEN."

Aron's face of desperation was hilarious. Ren had disagreed to go on the ride and of course Baekho just did whatever his boyfriend wished. He wasn't too fond of the ride either. Minhyun was stilling sniffing the air complaining about eating. The oldest finally turned to me and JR and pleaded with his eyes. JR laughed. "Let do it."

A grin broke out on Aron's face and turned to me. "You want to join us?"

"Oh no, I can't deal with this ride." I said a little nervously. But no one noticed my shakey voice and Aron nodded, turning to run towards JR, who was already in line.

When they rode the ride, Minhyun had taken us to the food stands nearby, buying churros, hot dogs, and other snacks. In the end, Ren and Baekho ventured off on their own while I stayed with JR, Minhyun, and Aron. It was mostly the other two bickering about where they wanted to go next while JR and I followed behind chatting about the randomest things. But whenever we approached a ride, the pit of my stomach rolled a little. I still haven't told them. Lucky for me, Minhyun didn't like to ride the big roller coasters as much so I stayed behind to accompany him.

It was finally the end of the day and we were about to leave when:

"Guys! Ferris wheel! We have to go on it!!" Aron exclaimed.

"But we're about to leave." Ren whined. He was exhausted from walking around the park for so long but the eldest insisted that they all go.

"It won't mess up your hair, you little princess." He said as he walked towards the line.

They argued back and forth but since they were waiting, it was already a given that they  were going on. I looked up at the ride and gulped. My sweaty hands were jammed in my pockets as I uncomfortably shifted my weight from one foot to another. I didn't know how to tell them that these rides scared me. Before I could muster up any courage to tell them anything, we were already at the front and were filing in the carts. Two per cart. Ren and Baekho went in one and the earger Aron and Minhyun shuffled into another. JR and I were left in the last cart. I bit my lip and dared not to look outside.

"Hey," JR's soft voice called to me. I looked up to see concerned eyes. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm f-" As I was trying to hide my fear, the cart jerked and I gave a yelp before hiding my face in my hands, crotching down. I could feel the cart lifting higher and higher from the ground and my stomach fell as I began to feel light headed. I was going to die. Oh my god this is the end. Stupid. Why didn't I tell them earlier on? I could've made an excuse to go to the bathroom and just stay there or anything! I wasn't going to make it to the end, I am dead, oh lord hel-

I felt something cover my head, blocking my peripheral vision. I looked up slowly to meet the dark eyes of the other. JR was crouched in front of me, holding his jacket around me. He smiled gently, chuckling softly. "It's okay. Don't think about the height. Just look at me. You'll be fine." Suddenly, I didn't think of the height anymore. Not about the fear or the fact we were suspended in the air at the highest point of the wheel. All of that vanished. It was only his eyes. The dark eyes that gave me the sense of security and I knew that I would be ok. My heart raced inside my chest at how close we were, his arms around me, holding on to his jacket. My cheek were slightly flushed but due to the dark lighting, hopefully he didn't notice.

When we finally made it back to the car (in one piece), JR and I quietly sat at the back of the car while the others excitely recited everything they did that day. He hadn't told the others about my phobia of heights yet and I was silently thankful. I looked over at JR who was looking out the window. That moment between us made my breath hitch. I didn't know how to describe it but butterflies flew around my stomach, not too different to when I see a terrifying roller coaster. I'm probably scared of him. A quiet chuckle left my mouth. There's no way I'm scared of him. This was different. Something I've never felt before. And maybe it was just me, but I could have sworn I saw  his cheeks flush red up there as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fINALLY UPDATED. SORRY. FORGIVE ME. Writeing consistently is kinda difficult. ; A; But thank you lovelies who have stuck around. :)

As always, thank you for subscribing (or just reading if you're not subscribed) and for all your comments. You all are lovely.♥