Chapter 5! - Surprise Feelings

Feasting on Flesh

Chapter 5: Surprise Feelings

 

July 21, 2053

2:44 PM

Dear Diary,

One of the people in the group Shenbad leads...they were killed today.

It was awful.

I was with Shenbad and his group, searching for more lost supplies while Haine, Lucy, Axel and Lexa all stayed behind to try and fix up the TV set we found the other day. As we were walking, we were ambushed by a group of zombies. And they just kept coming. We shot a lot of them in the head, yet they got back up. Could it be they're getting even stronger?

Shenbad decided it was too much and we were beginning our retreat. That one guy though...he was too slow. A group of zombies tackled him down. Though we got them off of him quickly, it was too late and he was already bleeding too heavily. We shot him in the head to end his misery. May he rest in peace.

Shenbad seems to have taken his death harder than anyone. I guess he feels like it's his fault because he's the leader and all. Poor guy.

~~

July 22, 2053

4:07 AM

Dear Diary,

I had a nightmare about what happened yesterday and couldn't go back to sleep. So I decided I would write.

Happy 18th birthday to me. Today I turn Haine's age. It's not like it matters though. There are more important things going on. Here I thought I was going to spend this day with my father in Austri. Speaking of my father...I haven't thought about him in quite some time. After he and mom got a divorce...I could never bring myself to forgive him for breaking her heart. Then mom passed away in May and I was on my way to go live with him...

This seems like it all happened in some other world. Where zombies weren't walking the Earth, and people weren't dying day in and day out.

I'm starting to regret not forgiving my father. He was never unkind to me. But it's not like he was the ideal father either. I never loved him, but I never hated him. He was always just...there.

I want to see him again. I don't know what I would say or how I would feel...but I want to see him again.

So now...I can only pray he lives till that day.

~~

7:57

Dear Diary,

...I've never been on a date before. All the girls at my age have already had countless boyfriends, and I've never even been kissed before. I can thank Mom for that. She always told me I should wait till I was done with my schooling before I started dating.

Well Mom, I did what you wanted! Obviously I'm done with school due to the whole zombie situation. Though...I'm not sure you'd really approve of my first boyfriend.

While everyone was still sleeping, I decided to go get some air. Not the smartest idea, but zombies don't really come out at this time...then I saw him. Shenbad was...crying. It was completely unexpected especially because he didn't have a smoke. It wasn't like he was bawling his eyes out, but...there was definately a tear on the corner of his eyes. Of course he was startled to see me. We went on a walk together and he told me the reason he hates Haine isn't because of anything to do with their parents, but because Haine kicked down a sandcastle he was building once. I couldn't stop laughing. To think there was some deep meaning behind their hatred for each other, but instead it really just branches from when they were kids!

I also learned why Shenbad didn't grive for his parents...they were neglectant and abusive. The whole story about how a bandit took out Shenbad's eye? Just a story. His dad came home one night, picked up a knife...and that was that. Poor guy...

I found it was really easy to talk to Shenbad regardless of that tough-guy exterior he keeps. And it was like...we just clicked, ya know? I told him it was my birthday...and the next thing I know, he leans over to give me an innocent "bithday kiss". But there was nothing "innocent" about that kiss. My stomach flipped, my head spun...and I swear there were fireworks that went off in my head. And just like that...it was set. We walked some more (hand in hand) and...even though it was just for a couple hours...I completely forgot about the crazy world we live in. I was able to...feel like a normal girl again.

When we got back, everyone was pretty pissed and worried. Especially Haine. Though he didn't say anything, I could tell he didn't like the fact that someone in the "Lucy group" was hanging out with Shenbad. I didn't care much though.

I'm too crazy about Shenbad to notice anything.

P.S.

Shenbad isn't too old for me, is he?

Nah. I don't think so.


I think this is the longest chapter I've written in this story so far. xDD

Oooh~ Looks like Ruri is found *~LoVE!~*  haha ^^

I had fun writing this, but I don't think it's all that great. xD

Anyways~

Thanks for reading!!! Comment, subscribe, and message please!!! ♥ :D

 <- Shenbad. ;) ♥ (AKA Badou from Dogs: Bullets and Carnage. >:D ♥)