Chapter 4 - Shenbad

Feasting on Flesh

Chapter 4: Shenbad

 

July 20, 2053

8:29 AM

Dear Diary,

Sorry for not writing these past few days. A lot has been going on. I've been practicing non-stop at my shooting. I think I'm finally getting use to using guns. I'm still not a very good shot though. But Lucy is a great teacher, and she said I'm learning fast.

I talked to the leader of the group we met up with a little while back. His name is Shenbad. Unlike all the other survivors in this place, he wasn't affected very much by the missile. Shenbad told me it was because he had been on the outskirts of the town when the missile hit. He's around the age of 23 with long, orange-reddish hair. He also wears an eye patch over his right eye because a bandit took it out when he was younger. Shenbad said his parents were killed on that same day and he's been living by himself since. He's also a chain-smoker, and goes through really weird withdrawal symptoms if he goes even a few hours without a smoke. It's not anything like depression, anxiety, etc. ... His personality seems to....switch. When he has a smoke, he's really positive and funny. But when he's low on nicotine, well... let's just say he's as deadly as Haine and 10x more irritable. I learned he actually shot one of the survivors in his group in the arm because they weren't listening to his orders. So, note to self: If he's low on nicotine, DO WHATEVER THE HECK HE WANTS YOU TO DO.

He's the only one in that group I've talked to. The other 3 are quiet and will only talk to either Lucy or Haine. Oh yeah, and I don't know why, but Haine and Shenbad seem to really hate each other. Apparently, they've never really been on good terms.

~~

12:02 PM

Dear Diary,

Lucy and I were practicing shooting in the level under her basement alone, when she told me something interesting. The reason Haine was really outgoing until some time last year...his parents were killed by bandits. Just like Shenbad's. This town is a lot less hi-tech than every other part of the world (as far as I know), so bandits and thieves hide out here often. That explains why everyone here knows how to shoot guns.

Lucy told me she thinks Haine and Shenbad hate each other because when Shenbad's parents were killed, he couldn't bring himself to grieve over them and moved on rather quickly. While Haine was just the opposite and holds a grudge against the bandit that took away his family. It seems they're jealous of how the other one reacted to the deaths, but at the same time, they wish the other had had the same reaction.

Meaning Haine wishes he could get over his parents' deaths like Shenbad, but he also hates Shenbad for moving on so quickly. While Shenbad wishes he could grieve and cry over his parents' deaths, but hates Haine for bearing a grudge and not moving on.

Neither Lucy nor I know if that's the actual reason for them hating each other, but it's a pretty good guess. At least they're taking our their aggression towards each other on the zombies.

~~

7:57 PM

Dear Diary,

We found an old, broken TV today, but Axel and Lexa were able to fix it up. They're really amazing mechanics. Especially at just 15! There was some sort of broadcast going on, but the screen was too fuzzy to figure out what the heck was showing. We're going to try to fix it up later, but for now, sleep. It's only 8, but we're going to all go out early morning and find more supplies. Food goes fast between nine people. Even when rationing.


 Hey, everyone~ This chapter wasn't that long, I think. Sorry for being gone for...forever. This chapter isn't that great...but just let me get back into writing, and I'll be much better! School is going to start pretty soon, so I may or may not end up leaving for a long time. Still, I hope you'll read my stuff. :)

Also, PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS PAGE ON FACEBOOK!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ShonenAnimeFans?ref=hl

If you're a fan of anime, and you think anime guys are gorgeous, like and share, please! :)

 <-- Lucy