Chapter 2 - The Ragtag Survivors

Feasting on Flesh

Chapter 2: The Ragtag Survivors

 

July 15, 2053

9:12 PM

Dear Diary,

Holy crap this is unbelievable. My hands are shaking as I write. Whatever the heck that...that...red meteor was...it.... I dunno. I just can't.... I need to calm down...

~~~

9:17 PM

Dear Diary,

Sorry about the mental breakdown...my hands are still shaking. First off, that...meteor...struck a town. Can you believe that here, in the middle of nowhere, there was a town? It's even harder to believe that I was just waiting out in the desert like an idiot when there was a freakin' TOWN a few miles west! Well...there was a town. It's pretty messed up now. Almost everywhere you look there's rubble. But the worst part...I can't believe my eyes...I think I'm going insane....

There are zombies.

Yeah, you heard me right. Well, write...

My jokes have always .

Just trying to make light of the situation, I guess.

Besides, I'm still shaken up, don't judge.

Anyways, there are zombies. Real life zombies. ZOMBIES!

No matter how many times I say it, I can't get over it. I just can't believe it. It's too ridiculous to believe. One second I'm perfectly safe flying to Austri in a plane, and now...bam. Zombies. I'm scared out of my mind. But at least I'm not alone.

Just as I entered this town, I saw a shadow come up from all the rubble and dust. I thought it was a trapped person, so I ran over to help. And I almost got my arm taken off because of it. It was a zombie. The thing was holding onto my arm, so I just...reacted. Adrenalin is crazy. I grabbed the nearest object: a giant shard of wood and...ran it through the monster. I feel awful. I know it was dead, but I...I still feel sick.

I should've gone for the head, because even then, it kept trying to eat me. And that's when they showed up.

Lucy, Haine, Axel, and Lexa.

They shot the monster down like they've been doing it their whole lives.

Lucy is a tall, blonde woman around the age of 25 with one red eye and one blue. Her father use to own the gun shop in this town, so she's a really good shot. She's also really nice and definately the leader of our group.

Then there's Axel and Lexa. They're 15 and twins. They both have purple eyes and bluish-black hair. At first glance they look like helpless, frightened children...but in reality they're deadly shots. Axel said it's because of the video games they use to play that they can use guns so well. But video games and real life are completely different....Their parents were both killed when the meteor hit. Poor things.

Last but not least, there's Haine. He has red eyes, white hair, and is 18, a year older than yours truly. He barely shows any emotion and the only time he smiles is when he shoots down a zombie. In all honesty, he scares me a little. Lucy and him have known each other for a long time. She's the one that taught him how to shoot a gun and...he's actually a little better than her. He's the one that shot down the zombie that almost ate me. When I tried to thank him, he just ignored me like as if I didn't even exist. The only person he actually communicates with is Lucy. Speaking of Lucy, she told me that Haine was really social and outgoing until last year...She never got to tell me what happened last year, because when she was telling me, Haine passed and glared at her. I guess he doesn't trust me or something. Which makes sense. I am an outsider.

I want to know more about all of these guys. They're an interesting bunch. Especially Haine. Apparently when the meteor hit, these guys were all in their basements doing stuff, so they didn't get affected as much as everyone else. That's why their appearances are so odd. I mean, purple eyes, red and blue eyes, white hair...Apparently Haine use to have black hair and blue eyes.

I've written a lot today. They all took me to their little hideout underground. That's where I'm writing this. I'm tired. It's been a long day. I keep expecting to wake up...like this is just a nightmare or something....but it's as real as real can be.

P.S.

Haine is incredibly good-looking.

P.P.S.

I know love should be the last thing on my mind....survival should be #1. Besides, he wouldn't ever be interested in some outsider girl who's never even held a gun in her life.

P.P.P.S.

But just that little detail helps to make things a little more bareable. ♥


Longer chapter...still shorter than most of my stuff. ^^;;

Haine is also based off a character from Dogs: Bullets and Carnage

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥