Chapter 3 - The Missile

Feasting on Flesh

Chapter 3: The Missile

 

July 16, 2053

7:10 AM

Dear Diary,

I couldn't sleep last night. No one could. No matter how dead tired I was, the smallest sound would startle me wide awake. The underground hideout I'm in right now is actually Lucy's basement. It's cold, damp, and dark, but it's better than nothing. I'm so hungry right now, but

A. I don't wanna go digging through Lucy's kitchen (That would be rude). And

B. I don't wanna risk my life by going out to buy groceries.

Lucy has another level lower than her basement. It's a room with a bunch of targets for shooting practice. Which makes sense, considering her father use to own a gunshop here. Did you know Lucy first held a gun when she was 7? I stopped using a nightlight at that age. Sheesh.

~~

July 16, 2053

12:47 PM

Dear Diary,

Shot down my first zombie less than an hour ago... My hands are still shaking. I know that thing was dead, but...still. Pulling that trigger looks so natural for everyone else. Lucy gave us all some bread to snack on. It was the only thing that she had, so I'm thankful. She's so kind. Axel was complaining about how hungry he was, so she gave him her portion.

We're heading out again to find supplies.

~~

July 17, 2053

2:13 PM

Dear Diary,

Yesterday we all got pretty lucky. Almost all the buildings here are destroyed with just the lower levels remaining. Splitting up into groups, we went and dug through as many basements as possible. Lucy was a one-woman team, Axel and Lexa were (of course) together, and because I'm the newb in this group, Haine went with me. The house we went in was infested with zombies. We were able to shoot them all down, thankfully. I think I'm getting better, because I shot down at least two, and injured um...a lot. My problem is that I can't hit their heads. That's how you kill them. Sure you can also kill them by shooting their torso, but that just wastes ammo. Haine ALWAYS hits the head dead center. My gosh, he's so amazing. Like a machine or something. I almost shot him on accident...SO embarassing. ( TT-TT) After the slaughtering was done, we went into the basement and found a bunch of crates full of food! There was also a box that had guns in it. Haine and I brought all the crates back to Lucy's.

We found another group of survivors. I noticed that they're all pretty young, like us. My guess is that age and location are what determines how harshly the "meteor" affects you. Turns out, what we thought was a meteor wasn't a meteor at all. It was a missile. Lucy and Haine are the only ones that talked to that group, so I don't know any of their names. We're going to all stay together in a pack until we figure out our next move.

That means 4 more people to room in Lucy's basement. Whoo. Fun.

P.S.

Lucy and Haine are always together. She's almost 7 years older than him, so I'm sure nothing is going on. Even so...I can't help but feel a little jealous that Lucy is the only person Haine actually talks to. Axel and Lexa are always together too. I feel like as if I'm the misfit in our group.

P.P.S.

Oh wait...it's because I AM the misfit in our group....


Another longer chapter. But it's not too long...

Anyways, thanks a bunch for reading!!! >< Comment, subsribe, and message please!! If you do, I'll love you forever. ^^

 <- Axel & Lexa. :33