Chapter 6! - Broadcasting Live!

Feasting on Flesh

Chapter 6: Broadcasting Live!

 

July 23, 2053

11:32 PM

Dear Diary,

Shot down three zombies today! It's official. I'm more helpful to the team than hurtful. In only a few days, Lucy has turned me into a great shot! Of course I'm nowhere near as good as she or Haine. Let alone Axel and Lexa... oy. There goes my self esteem.

On another note, supplies are running low...It's only a short time before we're out.

Shenbad caught a crocodile today though! I've never tasted crocodile...I must say it wasn't all that bad.

~~~

12:09 PM

Dear Diary,

My hands are shaking as I write.

Sorry about the last entry. I was going to write more...but something really bad has come up. Have you ever heard of the poison...Zaronthrax Strychninea? (ZS for short) Until just barely, neither had I.

Axel and Lexa were finally able to fix up that broken TV we'd found. Ever since they did, a global broadcast has been airing over and over. Someone managed to hijacked all the broadcasting stations in the world, can you believe that? And what what was the announcement about?

Some crazy man named Dr. Zaroff just ivented a new poison. He was demanding that all the leaders of the world surrender unto his reign or else he would send pods and pods of his new poison to their country. The usual scientific nut, hungry for world domination. Only this guy...he's definately someone you don't mess with.

We learned that the cause for the zombie attacks...is ZS.

Dr. Zaroff explained that some people have natural antidotes in their blood and will not be effected. But to most people - oh! The broadcast is playing again. Listen to this:

"Hello, leaders and followers of the world. My name is Dr. Dragunov Zaroff. I am a scientist seeking to set the world free of frivolous government. My goal is to unite Earth under one power - my power. Fear no longer, my friends. The time has come for a new beginning. No longer will the government sit idly back and watch the world rot to the core. I will bring justice to the world. I will create a utopia for all to live in peace. For I will be the one and only government. If you wish to be part of my future plans of peace and prosperity, I simply ask for one thing: The surrender of the leaders of the world. If you refuse, your people will suffer. How? By the hand of my newest creation -  Zaronthrax Strychninea. This is a very powerful poison that comes in the form of a gas. Zaronthrax Strychninea or, "ZS" for short, will severely effect anyone that breaths in its spores, first causing head and neck muscle spasms that quickly spread throughout the whole body. The victim will die shortly after through asphyxiation and/or intense convulsions. But this, my dear leaders of the world, is not the end of it. Right after death, the poison goes straight into the bloodstream and causes the body to come alive again! The victim will no longer have emotions, memories, or any way to consciously think. They will become walking dead. And I'm sure you've all seen the movies. What do the walking dead do best? Eat the living, of course! Now, every 1 out of 10,000 people have a natural antidote in their body that will keep them perfectly safe from the effects of ZS. That's not much, so don't get your hopes up. I'll give the leaders of the world exactly 24 hours to surrender to me. If you don't, the citizens of the world will undergo anguish and terror unlike anything mankind has ever known. I don't want to do that, so quietly surrender. Remember, the peoples' lives are resting in your hands, dear leaders. By now you probably think me to be mad. You're probably sending troops out to go after me as I speak, aren't you? I know you are. Because I'm always one step ahead of you all. If you try to kill me, your country will suffer. I assure you. Please think of your citizens. Goodbye."

...And repeat. This Dr. Zaroff obviously sent out one of those "missiles" here, probably as an example of how powerful he is. Looks like what I thought was a missle was really a pod of ZS. I don't know what our next move will be, but I'm afraid...

You know, I heard a quote once... "I don't wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that'll be enough".

I think this quote means more than it use to...


I finally finished another chapter!! :DD DUN DUN DUNNN!!!!! Dr. Dragunov Zaroff? Who is this guy and is he just some crazy nut? Or is he really capabale of taking over the whole world?

I had a lot of fun looking up different kinds of poisons and making up a new one. xD Anyways, thanks a bunch for reading! :D Please comment and message! ♥