The Boss

Live Life

 

Eunji felt tension running through out her body when she saw Seungho's devilish smirk. She averted her gaze to calm herself down.

 

 

Then, in a serious tone, Seungho remarked, “This is a TEAM; your either in or out of it. Be team players, or else you'll suffer the consequences. I am pretty sure you don't want to make your life as an employee miserable...” Eunji had a strong gut feeling that his statement was intended for her alone, making her more tense. “I also want to remind you of our responsibility as 'partners' of this company: we are not mere followers, but trend setters. WE SET THE STANDARDS, we do not simply comply to them. So I am expecting your best outputs for this project, and your full cooperation for this project's success.” With blazing passion in his eyes, Seungho looked at each member, trying to communicate the need for passion and commitment from each one of them in order to complete their project. The members, except for Eunji, nodded in agreement in return. Assured of his team's cooperation, Seungho smiled then wrapped up the meeting.

 

 

Eunji, still in a daze, walked out of the conference room while blindly looking ahead trying to digest what happened. This will be one hell of a journey, she thought to herself.

 

 

It's the day before the project presentation, and there are still lots of things to do. Seungho decided to have an 'all-nighter' (overnight group work) in his apartment. He wanted everyone to be comfortable and to be able to move freely while working, so he lend his clothes to them. He even had food delivered in the middle of the night to make sure his team members are well nourished while working.

 

 

It's 3 a.m. Everyone is asleep except for Eunji who was still working on the video and powerpoint presentation, and Seungho who was meticulously checking the details of their proposal as well as the materials to be used for presentation. Seungho leaned his head back in the chair's headrest, trying to relax his neck a bit, when he noticed Eunji who was seated just a meter away from him. She had a crunched-up face and droopy eyes, staring intently on the computer screen. ..

 

 

 She looks like my widowed aunt, he thought to himself as he chuckled.

 

 

He made a big smile and said, “We still have brewed coffee in the machine and some sandwiches if you like. Just help yourself.”

 

 

Eunji looked up and smiled a bit, “Nah, I'm good.” she exclaimed casually, then returned her eyes to the computer screen.

 

 

“Your face was getting so scrunched up already, I thought the computer screen up all of your body's water content.” he said with a chuckle, making Eunji mad.

 

 

She turned her eyes to the jokester with a sarcastic smile on her face, “Oh, I'm sorry SIR but DOES MY FACE BOTHER YOU? Maybe you should just focus on what you are doing instead of making inappropriate observations!”

 

 

Entertained by her sudden outburst, he chuckled a bit then went back to what he was doing.

 

 

Its the big day. The whole team is exhausted from the all-nighter; but they still managed to look presentable for the panel, who included the chief executive, 5 managers and the clients. The presentation lasted for an hour, after which the board and the client convened.

 

 

After an hour or so of waiting, the manager went to the team's office to give the big news “We got the account!”

 

 

Everyone was in a festive mood, knowing that all their hard work paid up. In the middle of the celebration, Seungho and Eunji's eyes met, then they smiled at each other. Eunji walked towards him, then gave him a pat on the back,

 

 

“Nice work leader.”

 

 

“You're not bad yourself. Good work.” Seungho gave Eunji a handshake.

 

 

After the commotion, Seungho went to his office, closed the door then sat on his big and comfy office chair. He closed his eyes for 2 minutes, while massaging his temples. It was a long day, and his head was aching terribly already. He wanted to rest, but they still have to go celebrate. He took out a bottle of aspirin, took 2 tablets, then rested his head on his chair's head rest for a bit. “Yang Seungho, you did it again! Nice job champ.” he praised himself outloud.