Amare

Live Life

 

 

 

 

Amare: Latin, 'to love' or 'be loved!' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything was happening so fast, that Eunji just decided to just stand there frozen as she closed her eyes tight seeing the gun pointed at her. She wasn't sure what awaits her, neither does she have the energy to make another move.

 

 

BANG! BANG!

 

 

Eunji's mind went blank after the gunshot....

 

She snapped back into reality when she heard someone whisper softly into her ear, “Are you alright?”

 

Huh?” she couldn't think of anything. She suddenly realized that someone was hugging her body tightly. From that moment on, everything around her was silent: it was just her and the person hugging her. She was about to push that person away when she felt its body about to collapse. She immediately held the person's back to stabilize him, and that person tightened it's hug around her back too.

 

A blood-curling scream shook her back to reality. Hyewon was screaming loudly as she pulled her hair. She looked at Hyewon, baffled by her actions; it was as if her brain was using a Pentium 2 processor that disabled her to realize what was happening at that moment. The body she has been hugging suddenly felt heavier, making her tighten her grasp on its back. She supported that body until they both kneeled to ground. That person lay its head on Eunji's shoulders, but Eunji pushed his body a bit to look at who it was.

 

It was Seungho.

 

 

 

He smiled at her, and she smiled back.

 

Are you OK?” Eunji asked.

 

Hmmm...” Seungho just hummed in reply.

 

She suddenly felt warm fluid wetting the arm that was supporting Seungho's back. She looked at her arm and, much to her disbelief, it was blood.

 

Seungho's body immediately plopped forward, allowing Eunji to catch his flailing body. She lay down Seungho's body on her lap, while her bloodied arm supported Seungho's back.

 

Seungho...”

 

That was all Eunji can say as she was overpowered by her shock and her fears (of loosing Seungho). Seungho, with blood dripping from the side of his mouth, locked eyes with Eunji and gave her a smile.

 

I...I...” Seungho wanted to say something, but couldn't find the words nor the energy to do so....

 

Her sobs grew louder when she felt more warm fluid gushing out and dripping on her arms and thighs. She tried to keep a hold of herself, but feeling his blood loss makes her terrified.

 

You'll be fine Seungho-ah, stay with us OK? Stay awake, I'm calling an ambulance” Eunji's tears gushed out freely as she used her free hand to locate her cellphone in her jeans. She couldn't keep her eyes at Seungho for long, in fear of seeing him with eyes closed.

 

Seungho, with his hands still shaking, reached out for Eunji's chin and pushed her face to look at him. When Eunji's eyes caught Seungho's, more tears gushed out from her eyes...

 

Please Seungho, we've come a long way...Please hold on...I'm calling the am-” Seungho placed his fingers against Eunji's lips.

 

I...I'll try...to ….live....OK?” Seungho's every word were labored as he tried to catch his breath.

 

Eunji just nodded and smiled back at him, while her tears continued to gush out. She leaned towards Seungho and hugged him, careful not squeeze his abdomen area too tightly.

 

With Eunji still hugging him, Seungho took that opportunity as he leaned his face closer towards Eunji's ear, before he whispered,

 

I...

 

 I...

 

 love...

 

 you...”

 

Eunji's sobs grew louder hearing Seungho's confession. He let go of their hug...Looked deep into Seungho's eyes...and gave him a big smile.

 

It took you long enough to say that.” She chuckled as she spoke, hoping to make Seungho feel better.

 

Seungho softly chuckled, his eyes drooping already.

 

Eunji noticed Seungho's drooping eyelids, so she tapped his cheeks lightly trying to keep him awake.

 

Hey, hey..C'mon Seungho, stay with me...” she tried to coax him.

 

Seungho forced his eyes to stay open as he looked at Eunji and smiled at her.

 

Maybe...maybe...if I...get...a...kiss....I...could...hold....on...longer...” Seungho smiled and tried to wink at Eunji, but he ended up blinking both his eyes instead.

 

Eunji, even with her heartache torturing her and her tears stinging her eyes, chuckled at Seungho's request. “Alright, alright...If that'll make you feel better..”

 

Eunji gave him a peck on his lips, not bothered by the blood that stained her lips when her lips came in contact with Seungho's.

 

That's...that's......more...like....it...” His last word was barely audible, and his eyes were growing heavier, making Eunji more nervous.

 

You promised Seungho...stay with us, OK?”

 

Hmm...” Seungho responded, with eyes now half opened. Although his body was showing her otherwise, she wanted to hear that ssurance from Seungho that he'll live. That he still has the will to live.

 

Eunji was too caught up in her moment with Seungho that she didn't notice Hyewon who was still screaming her lungs out seeing Seungho dying after she shot him. Joon, who was still shaking his head a bit to snap himself out of dizziness1, made large strides towards the room. He immediately approached Hyewon and snatched the gun out of her hands, then threw the gun at the other end of the room. Hyewon, by then, was pulling her hair with two hands while shaking her head as she broke down realzing that she killed her 'great love'. Joon then grasped Hyewon's wrists and pulled it behind her back to protect them and herself from more damages.

 

Much to their surprise, they heard the front door slammed followed by several foot steps. The door to the room swung open, revealing Seunghyun and several SWAT team members. Some SWAT members roamed around the room and scanned the area; some approached the gun at the other end of the room; and a few approached Joon and took Hyewon out of his hands and dragged her out. Hyewon looked back at Seungho as she was being dragged out, pleading to the officers to let her stay. But the officers were deaf at her request forcing her out of the room.

 

Seungho watched helplessly as Hyewon was being pulled out of the room. He took a deep breath and, with the last once of strenght left in him he tried to yell, “P-P-please...don't...hurt.....her....” It was loud enough for Seungho to hear for himself, but he wasn't sure if the officers did...

 

Eunji was caught in surprise by his statement. She couldn't believe that he could still be nice to her after everything she did. But she doesn't know what's in Seungho's heart nor what runs in his mind. She followed Seungho's gaze that led her to look at the officers who seemed to didn't hear what he just said. “Sir, sir! The victim said you shouldn't hurt her!” Eunji shouted to make the officers hear, and the officers nodded in response.

 

Don't worry ma'am, we'll take good care of her. We'll just detain her in the station for some interview before we send her to the hospital for check up.” One of the officers holding Hyewon said.

 

Thank you, sir.” Eunji replied.

 

She looked back at Seungho who was smiling at her, with eyes half opened.

 

T-thank...you...” his words were breathy now.

 

Don't thank me....” Eunji caressed his cheek, as she wiped the blood off his cheek with the help of her tears that stained his cheek and the pad of her thumb.

 

Seunghyun suddenly appered beside them followed by some paramedics. The paramedics placed Seungho in a stretcher while they tended on his wounds. Meanwhile, Seunghyun helped Eunji up to her feet.

 

Eunji, seeing Seunghyun, felt safe and couldn't help but hug him tight.

 

I'm glad you came...thank you.” Eunji teared up as she spoke.

 

Seunghyun hugged her tight and soothed her back. “It's gonna be fine now. He'll be fine”

 

Eunji are you alright?” Joon asked, as he continued to rub the back of his head.

 

Eunji looked at Joon, “I'm fine, thank-Joon! You're head is bleeding! Let's get that checked” Eunji's eyes widened at amount of blood in Joon's palms.

 

Seunghyun looked at Joon with eyes filled with worry, but Joon just chuckled.

 

Knock it off, will 'ya?! Don't look at me like that. It's not that bad, don't worry too much. It'll probably need some stitches though, but it's nothing serious. We sould be worrying for Seungho.” Joon said while smiliing at Eunji and Seunghyun.

 

Alright, alright. Just come with us in the ambulance and have that checked.” Eunji said as she reached for Joon's head and hold on his wound.

 

Joon blushed at Eunji's gesture, but Eunji just ignored him and just smiled at him.

 

Seunghyun, Joon and Eunji walked behind the paramedics team as they carried Seungho to the ambulance in a stretcher, with IV drip and oxygen attached to him.

 

 


 

 

 

 

1In chapter 17, Joon was whacked by a metal bat by Hyewon when eunji went inside the room to look for Seungho. 

 

 

___________________________________________

Hey dear readers and subbies! A double update, for all of you!

I think its the fever that crept inside my head, or probably my dehydration that kept me writing,

but I was able to write 2 chapters magically! Yey!

Ahaha! But on a serious note, i wrote 2 chappies so as not to keep you hanging with just 1...

Cause i'll be busy with my exams for the next 2 weeks, and that means i won;t be able to update for that long...

and after that, it'll be our Christmas break! Woot! Woot! (^^)

See you then dear readers! :)