Miss Grumpy

Live Life

 

At the bar, Eunji was slowly and miserably finishing her 'Pyramid Shot'.

She broke up with her boyfriend 2 weeks ago. After that, life at work was hell because her ex-boyfriend-and-soon-to-be-ex-boss gave her lots of paperwork in addition to the tremendous emotional stress he has been giving her. All she can do is to drown all her sorrows with liquor and grumble.

 

She was sulking at the bar when a man bumped into her spilling liquor unto her shirt.

 

Watch it, will yah?!!!” She turned to give a flesh-piercing glare to the culprit, who in turn gave her a surprised yet baffled look. 

 

“You look familiar...” he mumbled. 

 

The culprit approached the enraged woman to give her a good look, then slung his right arm to the woman's shoulder while holding a shotglass of tequila. 

 

“What the hell are you doing sulking in this very awesome evening anyway?! It's a party night! C'mon, join us!” the culprit pointed his finger to a table, 2 men flirting with 3 women. 

 

Her blood reached her temples as she responded to the intruder's invitation, “Can you please go away and mind your own damn business?!” The culprit raised both his arms, gesturing his surrender, then returned to his table. What a jerk... she thought to herself. 

 

Because of what happened, her already ruined mood crumbled more, thus she decided to go home instead. I could just sleep it off again... she thought.

 

 

It's 5 a.m. Eunji only had 4 hours of sleep. Her whole body is too tired to get up. After 15 minutes of an intense self-conflict, she dragged her body up, did a 10 minute warm up exercise then headed to the bathroom for a warm shower... “I am really hoping for a good day, just this once...” she mumbled to herself as she ended her contemplation while having coffee...

 

 

She was running late for her 8 o'clock meeting. Once she reached the office building, she sped off to the conference room, bumping into man harshly. Without looking into the man's face, she bowed and apologized then went on her way. She can see her manager entering the conference room, just in time for her entry. As soon as she sat, the meeting commenced.

 

“We only have 1 agenda for today's meeting. As you all know, Mr. Lee left the company last week. Fortunately, we found a replacement...”

 

He gestured for a person to enter the room. A young blonde man stepped in, making Eunji gasp.

 

“This is Yang Seungho, your new team lead.” The manager placed his arms around Seungho's shoulders and said,“...I hope things will work out for all of you.” The manager looked at the team members while patting on Seungho's chest. He smiled at Seungho, then left the room.

 

Eunji was looking at Seungo, all surprised and confused. He caught her eye and gave her a smirk, Miss Grumpy...he thought to himself.