7. Friends

Love Bug.

friends.
- noun
A person attached to another by affection or regard.

That's what Luhan and you were - friends, nothing more and nothing less. Truth be told, Luhan wanted to be more than just friends with you. Even though the both of you were unofficially dating each other, there was just something inside him that screamed out 'you have to make her yours!' but whenever he tried to ask you out, something would always come in between.

He remembered the first time he had tried to ask you out... it didn't end up well. The both of you were taking your usual walk towards Kopioka and somehow, in the midst of wanting to ask her about it, Luhan choked over his words and ended up sounding like a rather dumb person: "You, me... I..." was all he had managed to say before you giggled at him in confusion.

The second time he had tried to ask you out... it also didn't end up well. Actually, he didn't even manage to get the question out of his mouth. It was one of those nights when Luhan actually had enough time to call you, instead of exchanging text messages with you, like always. He remembered that it was quite late that night - around midnight and practice still has not ended yet. They were on a break and the boys that knew of his plan on asking her out cheered for him. But in the middle of the conversation, he could hear your slow breathing. That was when he realized that you had fallen asleep in the middle of the conversation.

They say that the third time's a charm, didn't they? Well, it didn't work quite well for Luhan. He had spent his free time on the internet, watching K-Dramas, to see how people often confessed. Some scenes made him cringe whilst others made him flinch - he definitely did not want you to be in any sort of accident or on the verge of dying. When Luhan voiced out his concerns to Sehun, the younger boy merely laugh at him and shrugged his shoulders.

The thought of not calling you 'his' was starting to eat him up. Luhan was glad that you knew that the both of you were unofficially dating but somehow, he was still worried... though that was an understatement. He was more than worried. Luhan was scared and insecured. He couldn't and didn't want to imagine the thought of you being with another man. It pained him to do so.

"Luhan, are you alright?" You asked him and Luhan was brought out of his reverie. He blinked a couple of times and slowly nodded his head, flashing you a small smile. You furrowed your eyebrows and shook your head as you turned your body to face him. Seeing as he was still sitting on the bench, you leaned forward and pressed your hand on his forehead. Luhan's eyes widened slightly at how close the two of you were and he tried his best not to stare at your full lips. "You feel fine," You sighed in relief but didn't drop your hand from his forehead. You began to brush his bangs away from his face and Luhan could feel his heart thudding against his chest.

He called out your name softly. When Luhan had your attention, he took the hand that was on his face into his and laced his fingers with yours. "I..." He trailed off and took a deep breath. Before Luhan could say anything, you took the chance to peck his lips and his eyes widened and he stared at you, his jaw dropping slightly.

You giggled at how adorable he looked like and pecked his cheek this time. "I know; you don't have to ask me. Yes, I will." You told him and Luhan blinked feverishly, trying to let the information sink in his mind. You stood in front of him, watching the many emotions that flickered in his eyes: confusion to recognition to realization. Luhan shot up from his seat, making you stumble backwards in surprise. He wrapped his arms around you, laughing as he hugged you close to him. 

"How?"

"Well... a little birdie told me that you were having troubles in asking me out. One panda also told me to put you out of your misery." You chuckled when you recalled the messages that you have received from his brothers. Luhan felt his cheeks reddening but he was thankful that they had listened to his problems. "But, I still want to hear you ask me." You told him as you pulled away slightly. 

Luhan gulped and gave you a small smile. He looked away from your expressive eyes and willed his racing heart to calm down. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Luhan asked as he lifted his gaze from the ground, staring at you straight in the eyes. The smile on your face was enough for him and you nodded your head.

"Yes."


Dumplingcheeks_'s corner
Thank you to those that subscribed! Do give me some feedback, yeah? It'd make me extremely happy to know what you think of this~ I haven't gone through the chapter just yet so there might be spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes.