A Hidden Secret Revealed

Knightingale

 

 "I swear, if I weren't gay, I would marry you purely based on your cooking skills." Donghae gushed, dabbing his lips with a golden napkin. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a compliment or not, so I just gave him the benifit of the doubt and thanked him. Gunwoo was also clearly impressed with my culinary ablilities.
 "That was quite the meal, Ms.____. You'll have to teach me some day." I blushed from his kind words and smiled gratefully at him. 
 "Anyday. And I can't wait to try your own cooking." I said in return. I saw Eunhyuk yawn out of the corner of my eye and stood to collect the dishes, hoping to prompt him to go to bed and rest.
 "Donghae, why don't you sleep over tonight? I could probably use your company." he asked, obviously using his injuries to persuade Donghae. Of course it took no arguing to convince him, and the two of them shuffled off back to Eunhyuk's room again, where I did not care to know what they did. In the meanwhile, Gunwoo and I cleaned the dishes together in the kitchen. I was spooning the leftovers out from thenpit when I suddenly became aware of a small object in my pocket. I reached into it and pulled out the scented peice of notebook paper I had used to wake Eunhyuk up. I was just about to throw it away when something on it caught my eye. There was writing on it, the first word of each new line.
 "pain..
  suicide...
  Am I r...
  waste..."
~~~~~~~~~~
 I felt my heartrate slowly increase with each line as I realised that a concussion wasn't the only thing Eunhyuk was suffering from.
 "Gunwoo? Do you know if Eunhyuk has had any previous troubles with depression?" I asked, unmoving and still staring at the strip of paper.
 "Yes, unfortunately he has been prone to bouts of depression and suicidal thoughts." Gunwoo replied hesitantly. I felt a sharp stab of anger in my heart. Why didn't he tell me this?! Concussions and depression do not mix well together! 
 "When was the last attack?" I sighed, trying to calm myself.
 "Well, in all honesty, mam, now." he answered, making my heart beat even faster. 
 "I gotta go check on him." I blurted, half running out of the kitchen and back to Eunhyuk's room. However, I did not see what I had expected to see. Instead of him and Donghae curled up together, I saw the bouquet strewn across the floor, as if it had been thrown there. A picture of the couple also lay on the floor, surrounded by broken glass and a silver picture frame. 
 "Oh, no.." I whispered out loud. "Hai-D! Where does Eunhyuk go when he's upset?!" I near yelled at the air.
 "Eunhyuk enjoys the view on the rooftop." The system answered simply. 
 "!"