Please Don't Cry

Knightingale

 

 The monotone calmness of Hai-D's voice made the message even more sinister. I shot off the bed and through the door. It was only then that I realized: the one room Eunhyuk didn't show me was his bedroom! I stumbled through doorways and ran through rooms until I finally tumbled through the door connecting the dining room and his room. Gunwoo knelt over Eunhyuk's limp body in a panic. I knelt down beside him and rolled Eunhyuk onto his side. Quickly, I raced into his bathroom and grabbed his cologne off the counter.  When I got back into his bedroom I tore a strip of paper from a notebook on his desk and sprayed it with the perfume. I held the paper underneath Eunhyuk's nose and waited. A few seconds later he opened his eyes and squinted at the bright ceiling lamp. I breathed a sigh of relief and with Gunwoo's help, lay him down on his bed with his head propped up on his sky blue pillows. 

 "Gunwoo, go get me a glass of water from the kitchen and the box of painkillers on my desk please." I ordered the tall, grey haired butler.

 "Yes mam." and he hurried off on his mission. I switched off the light but the two bedside lamps. I looked around and realized his room was the exact same as mine, but with blue and black details instead of green and purple. I focused my attention back to Eunhyuk. He smiled sleepily at me and took my hand gently.

 "Thank you for helping me." he murmured softly. "I really appreciate it." I his forehead lightly and sighed.

 "No problem." I answered with a smile. "Now, can you tell me what happened?" I asked, still subconsciously his soft brown hair.

 "I was sitting at my desk reading when I got up to get a drink and then it all goes fuzzy." he whimpered weakly. He seemed so helpless and scared I just wanted to give him a hug and comfort him like a little child. I resisted and tried asking him the date again. "Uh..I..oh I don't know, this is all so frustrating!" he cried, hot tears spilling down his smooth cheeks. I wiped them away carefully with my sleeve.

 "Hey, hey, hey, hey! No tears!" I bent down to hug him gently and he soaked my shoulder with his tears. "You're going to be fine, I promise you." 

 "When? It's only been a few hours, and I'm already falling to peices....I'm pathetic!" he cried harder, clinging to my shoulder. I sat down beside him on the bed and pulled him upright so I could hold him properly.

 "Don't say that, you are not pathetic!" I scolded him and lay my cheek on the top of his head. I breathed in the scent of his hair. Oh my goodness he smelled so good! I hadn't had time to check the name of his cologne, but the smell gave it away instantly: Drakkar Noir. His tear-drenched voice brought me back to earth.

 "Yes I am! Look at me, I'm possibly the richest man in all of Seoul and I break down at the stupidest little concussion. If that doesn't say pathetic then I dont know what does!" he bawled. I pulled his damp face off of my shoulder and held it in my hands, looking him straight in the eye.

 "You are not pathetic. First of all, memory loss and mood swings are all regular symptoms of a grade 3 concussion. Second: Even if mood swings weren't a symptom, losing your memory is a very frightening thing! And third, pathetic people don't have such sweet and loving borfriends." 

 "Maybe you're right." he sighed shakily after a few seconds. "I'm just so scared. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster I can't get off of." I hugged him one last time and then pressed the speaker button on his remote. "What are you doing?" he mumbled from his pillows.

 "Calling Donghae. Hai-D, call Donghae please and thank you." I replied. There was no doubt a visit from his beloved boyrfriend would lift his spirits. I turned to look at him while the phone rang and he smiled warmly at me, mouthing a silent Thank You.