A Fresh Start

Knightingale

 

 I was awoken by the delicious smell of hot bacon, eggs, toast, and freshly brewed coffee spreading through the apartment like wildfire. I got up and walked towards the source of the scent, the kitchen, and sat down next to Eunhyuk on a barstool. He looked up at me with the strangest expression. His mouth didn't move but his eyes were smiling in gratitude. That was enough for me. What amazed me the most was that his face, which last night had been soaked in tears and redenned with anger, was now perfectly clear. There wasn't a patch of pink, nor a swollen eye to suggest his breakdown. I smiled back at him gently in an attempt to get him to do the same, but no result. Honestly though, who could blame him? 
 "Good morning, ____. Breakfast will be ready in just a few minutes." Gunwoo interrupted our silent conversation as he stood perfectly straight infront of the oven. I smiled at him too, took a deep breath and turned to face Eunhyuk again.
 "Eunhyuk, we start today." I said confidently. He glanced at me from under his unstyled bangs and murmured hoarsely.
 "Start what?" know I knew why he was being so quiet. He could cover up the most outward signs of crying, but he couldn't hide a tear induced sore throat.
 "Your... Healing process." I said, hoping he would read between the lines. He didn't say anything, he just nodded once and turned towards the plate of food Gunwoo had just slid infront of him. I turned to mine and began eating, keeping an eye on Eunhyuk from my periphial vision. Good, he was eating normally. I finished my breakfast and put the dish into the sink. "Meet me on the rooftop in an hour. Be ready to go out." I ordered as I walked swiftly out of the kitchen to my room. I took a quick shower, letting my long, brown hair air dry into its naturally loose curls. I changed out of my pink pajama shorts and tank, and into a peach and black striped shirt,  blue denim shorts, and beige sneakers. Grabbing my hot pink macbook pro and slipping it into it's black carrying case, I headed up to the roof. The view was stunning! With all that had happened last night I never noticed how amazing it was, it looked over the whole of Seoul. I stood at the edge of the roof and let the cool morning breeze blow through my hair. I closed my eyes and let my mind drift to....Eunhyuk? 
 "Hey." I jumped at Eunhyuk's voice and spun around. He stood awkwardly with his hands in his jean pockets, yet his outfit gave him a chic, confident look. He wore a pair of dark denim jeans, black and white runners, a white tee shirt, and a dark, low buttoned plaid shirt.
 "Hey." I sighed. A small smirk formed on his lips as he started walking towards me.
 "You okay?" he asked.
 "Yeah, I was just..I'm fine. You?
 "I guess I'm okay. Thanks for doing this by the way." he murmured. I looked quickly around the empty roof to find a spot to sit, but only came up with the hard concrete ground. Not ideal, but it would do. I slid down and sat against the wall, patting the space beside me, beckoning Eunhyuk to sit.
 "On the ground? But pigeons have pooped there!" he protested, a disgusted look on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him.
 "Do you want your best friend back or not?" He sighed and gave in, slowly sitting down on the cement. I pulled out my laptop and set it on my crossed legs.
 "Okay, so what would Donghae be doing right now?" I asked, opening a word document and typing in the date and time. Eunhyuk looked at me sideways in confusion.
 "I don't know. But he tweets about practically everything he ever does, so you could check that." he replied unsurely. I opened a new window to twitter and got Eunhyuk to log in. I took the laptop back and scrolled until I found a profile with Donghae's picture. As soon as I clicked on it, I saw what Eunhyuk meant by "everything". The page was filled with locations, updates, and pictures of food, places, and people. The latest tweet, made about 5 minutes ago, read:
 "Going to the gym. Gotta work off some steam." I smiled mischeviously, quickly typed in Donghae's location next to the date and time, and jumped up.
 "Looks like we're going to the gym."