Welcome "Home"

Knightingale

 I had Donghae take Eunhyuk home and stay with him while I went to get my things. I filled my bag with everything I would need, from clothes and makeup, to syringes and painkillers. As I packed my suitcase my mind wandered off to Eunhyuk. Not as a patient, but as a person. He seemed so nice, so sweet, and I had to admit, kinda cute. Although, the nice and sweet part was probably just because he was only half-concsious. I felt like I had known him for my whole life, not just a few hours. Maybe we'd end up being friends by the end of this. I locked my door and threw my stuff into the back seat of my car, checking the address Donghae had written down on a hygenic mask for me (I wasn't trusting Eunhyuk to remember anything more complex than his name at this point.). When I arrived in the lot, I was shocked. I gasped as I stared up at the sleek, black sillhouette that was the Empress Residence, the richest apartment building in Seoul, not to mention the tallest building in the city. Its golden double doors were guarded by red velvet ropes and burly security guards. I gave my name to one of the muscled men and after checking a clipboard, he unclipped the rope and let me pass. I stepped through the gold doors into a room with cream marble floors, majestic golden statues, hanging baskets overflowing with aromatic flowers and a large water feature behind an equally large black desk. All around me business men in slick suits talked on their Bluetooths and glitter-covered women holding tiny dogs posed for cameras while their entourages watched in awe. I felt way out of my element, and extremely vunerable. Anxiously, I walked up to the desk where a pretty lady with ruby red lips and jet black hair greeted me. 

 "Anneonghaseyo, how may I help you?" she smiled warmly at me and I took a deep breath.

 "My name is ____, I'm Lee Hyukjae's new caretaker. I'm here to move in with him." I explained carefully, making sure to be thorough. The woman typed something into the computer, looked up at me, then looked back at her screen and smiled approvingly. She opened a file and handed me a golden key and a brochure.

 "Welcome, Miss ____. Here is your room key and a map of the building. To access any of our services, simply swipe your card. You'll find your suite on the top floor, room 404, the Imperial suite. Enjoy your stay." she gave me one last smile and I hurried into the empty elevator. I opened the map and let my jaw drop even lower. Now I knew what she meant when she said "services". There was a spa, a gym, a tennis court, batting cages, a duty free shop, a salon, an olympic size swimming pool, a movie theater, a runway, a club, a casino, a bar, a 5-star resturaunt and so, so much more. Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea. Finally the elevator came to a stop, and I stepped out into a long hallway, with surprisingly few doors. I walked down until I came to room 404. On the door, written in Black cursive, the words "The Imperial Suite" confirmed that I hadn't been imagining things when the lady at the desk assigned me my room. How rich was this guy?! I swiped my card through the scanner, and to my surprise I was welcomed by an automated voice saying "Welcome home, ____". I opened the door and saw Eunhyuk and Donghae sitting on a black leather sofa while a middle-aged butler in a tuxedo waited on them.

 "Hey, come in," Eunhyuk waved groggily and gave me a weak smile. "Gunwoo, take ____'s bag to her room please." 

 "Ne, maseuteo Lee (Yes, master Lee)." said the butler, who immediately obeyed Eunhyuk's orders.

 "Hey, you remember my name, that's good!" I smiled widely as I walked over to him. He smiled up at me and laughed a little.

 "It helps that Hai-D just said it too." he giggled. Hai-D? 

 "Who's Hai-D?" I asked, puzzled.

 "Hai-D: Household Artificial Intelligence." the disembodied voice that welcomed me returned again, explaining the acronym.

 "What does the D stand for?" I asked again, more than a little weirded out by Eunhyuk's magical talking house.

 "Oh, that's just her model letter." he explained casually, as if houses you could converse with were just an everyday thing no more special than going out to buy milk. I suddenly became aware of my surroundings. I stood in the center of a round room, decorated entirely in black, white, silver and glass. The walls, floor, curtains, fur rugs and flowers were white. The flat screen wallmounted television, leather sofa, two leather reclining armchairs, lamps, and shelves were black. The vases, pictureframes, mugs, plates, fruitbowls and doors were silver. And the tables, podiums, and one side of the room's wall were all made of crystal-clear glass. Then I realized that he had even changed into an outfit that matched the room! He wore a pair of classic black and white converse, black skinny jeans, a white tee shirt and an open grey elbow-length cardigan with black trim. I looked down at my outfit: blue skinny jeans, yellow Keds, and a yellow campus hoodie. I was so out of place. Donghae snapped me out of my colour-coordinated phase and stood up. 

 "Well, I better get going now, I have work. Hyukkie, be carefull! Saranghaeyo!" he hugged Eunhyuk and gave him a quick kiss, then turned to face me. "Take care of him please." 

 "I will, you can trust me, I promise." I smiled sincerely at him since he was cleary very concerned about Hyukjae.

 "Thank you!" and suddenly he launched himself at me, wrapping his surprisingly strong arms around my shoulders and squeezing me in a tight hug.

 "Okay..?" I choked and he headed out the door, blowing one last goodbye kiss to Eunhyuk. Then we were alone. I felt him grab my arm and pull me towards the automatic silver door on the far left.

 "Come on, I'll show you around."