Birthday!

PARIS, JE TAIME!

 

No One POV

Soyeon choping the meat for bulgogi while she still thinking about Qri said before. Seungho will come to Qri party? It means, he will come home late. Or, he maybe don’t coming home.

Suddenly, Soyeon’s phone is ringing. The picture of her family show on the screen. She pick it immediately.

“Yeoboseyo...”

“Saengil chukae, Soyeonnie!!!!” Soyeon feel suprise when she hear her family is yelling on the phone. Soyeon laugh happy when they start to sing happy birthday to her.

“Eomma... appa... Ahreumie.. i miss you soo much.” Said Soyeon to her family.

“We miss you to Soyeonnie... Happy 25th birthday my beautiful daughter.” Said her mother.

“Gomawo eomma...”

“Happy 25th birthday my princess. Appa miss you so much.” Now it’s father who say that to Soyeon.

“Miss you to appa...”

“Unnie!! Saengil chukae unnie... i miss you. I miss my enemy unnie-a...” said Ahreum. Soyeon laugh.

“Ne.. me too. I miss you Ahreumie...”

“Soyeonnie, are you celebrating your birthday there? Are you already eat miyeok guk?” ask her mother. Soyeon remember that.

“Ah... i forgot the miyeok guk. Okay.. i will make it and eat it together with Seungho-ssi...” said Soyeon.

“Seungho-ssi? Who is he?” her father suddenly ask Soyeon about Seungho. Make Soyeon realize, she never say anything about Seungho to her family.

“Seungho-ssi is... he is my boss.” Said Soyeon to her father.

“Your boss? So, why you celebrate your birthday with him? Why not with Byunghee-ssi?” ask her father.

“Hem... I have another job to do today with him. So, i can’t celebrate it with Byunghee. And because i’m with him today, so i will celebrate my birthday with him too. Appa, eomma... i need to go back to work. Thank you for calling me.” Said Soyeon.

“Ah... okay then. We call you tomorrow okay. Saranghaeyo Soyeonnie.”

“Saranghaeyo eomma, appa, Ahreumie.” Soyeon hang up the call and quickly search the ingredients to make miyeon guk soup.

“Seungho already promise to come home earlier today. And he will. On my birthday.” Soyeon smile happy when she think about her birthday ‘little party’ tonight. She already buy a birthday cake and make a delicious bulgogi. She also buy many softdrink for them.

“He will come home. I believe he will.”

-0-

Eunjung cry in her sleep. She remember when she and Jangwoo first met in her first day in collage. Jangwoo is her senior and he is the most handsome guy in their university.

But, Eunjung never thought that she will fall in love with that guy until Jangwoo help Eunjung to clean the park when she is grounded. Jangwoo is a nice and warm person. He is very gentle. And, he is really romantic to her.

When Jangwoo ask Eunjung to be his girl, Jangwoo told Eunjung that he never had a girlfriend before. Eunjung is his first and last girl that he ever love. And he ask Eunjung to married him two years later.

For the first year wedding aniversary present, Jangwoo give Eunjung one book. When Eunjung open it, she feel so confused. It is the food menu. Eunjung don’t understand in the first time. But, Jangwoo explain it to his wife that they will open the cafe. And they had a happy wedding that they ever wanted.  

But in Eunjung heart, she feel sad. She can’t give something that Jangwoo and his family wants. A child. It’s because, when Eunjung is fifteen years old, she got an accident. Her taxi got hit by a bus. And make her coma. Because of that coma, Eunjung has to recieve many medicine to make her alive. And the madicine is the very hard for her. Make her hormon and fertility is become very weak. And it makes her can’t easily pregnant.  

Eunjung look at her watch. 01.30 a.m. What is Jangwoo oppa doing right now? Her eyes move to the brown photo frame that is standing in the lamp table. Her wedding photo with Jangwoo. The most amazing memories that she ever had.

Eunjung can hold her tears to come out even harder.

-0-

Soyeon prepare the table by her self while she start to sing the happy birthday song. She put the bulgogi rice in the table. Also the miyeok guk soup. And off course the birthday cake. Before she sit down, she take her polaroid camera and photo the little party buffet that she prepared by herself. And then she try to take herself with the food photo with her polaroid.

After the photo is come out, Soyeon take it and smile happy when she see the result. She write down the something on it and put it beside her birthday cake. 06.30. Seungho will come 30 minutes again.

She sit down at the dining table and look all the food that she prepared before. She think about asking Eunjung about Seungho birthday date and she will do it also to Seungho.

Soyeon take her phone and start to record all of the room and also the dining table. And after that, she turn the camera to herself.

“Annyeong... hehehe... this is my 25th birthday party. In Paris. With this amazing food and birthday cake.. hehe.. saengil chukae for me.”

She start to sing birthday song again while still record her self and the food that she prepared.

“I will celebrate my birthday with Seungho-ssi. Who is Seungho-ssi? He is... he is...” Soyeon try to think about her question to herself. Who is Seungho-ssi?

“He is... my friend. My new special friend. He maybe look cold and... sometimes a little bit scary. But, he is nice and warm inside. And i’m happy because i can celebrate my birthday with him.”

Soyeon smile and shoot the dining table once again.

“He promised me that he gonna come home earlier. I don’t tell him about my birthday. Let he know by himself. Hehehe...” Soyeon laugh a little and she make her aegyo face.

“Seungho-ssi, come home faster...” said Soyeon in her aegyo voice and end her self cam.

She sit on the table and look at the clock. Why the time is move so slow? Seungho-ssi, where are you? You will come back home faster, right?

-0-

“Hyung!” Cheundong call Seungho and make him stop entering his car.

“Wae?” ask Seungho.

“Where are you going? We need to go to Lee Hongki hyung and Park Shinye noona bachelor party!” said Cheundong.

“Hongki and Sinhye? Is it today?” ask Seungho. Cheundong nodd his head. Seungho remember Soyeon that ask him to go home faster today. She said she want to celebrate something.

“I can’t. I have another job to do. I will come to Hongki and Shinye’s wedding reception. But i can’t go now.” Said Seungho.

“Wae? You already promised to Hongki Hyung that you will come. He really hope you to come, Seungho hyung. Just come for 30 minutes to say congrats to them. And then you can go.” Said Cheundong.

Seungho think for a moment. Hongki is his best friend. And Cheundong is right. He already promised him to come. Maybe just for 30 minutes and he will come home. Soyeon will not angry if she just late for 30 minutes.

“Just for 30 minutes and i will go home after that.” Said Seungho. Cheundong nodd his head and go inside Seungho car.

They go to the night club that the party take place. The party is already began. Seungho and Cheundong meet Hongki and Shinye. Seungho hug Hongki and Shinye to say congrats for both of them. Cheundong do it next to Hongki and Shinye.

“Congrats for your wedding, Hongki-a, Shinye-ssi.” Said Seungho. Hongki tap Seungho shoulder.

“Thank you hyung-a. When will you follow our step to a wedding?” ask Hongki. Seungho smile and shook his head.

“I still don’t ever think about it.” Said Seungho.

“Seungho-ssi, there is someone who wants to meet you.” Said Shinye. Suddenly, Qri is come to them and hug Seungho.

“Seungho-a... long time no see. I miss you so much.” Said Qri. Seungho try to release Qri’s hug. But he know that Qri is drunk. As usual. She look at Hongki and Shinye but they already leave to welcome their another guest. And Cheundong is already on the dance floor with the young girl called IU.

“Qri-ssi, you are drunk again.” Said Seungho and help Qri to standing straight.

“I purposely came here to meet you Seungho-a. I cancel all of my schedule just to meet you. And you do that to me? Acting cold like you never loved me?” ask Qri. Seungho chukled a little when he heard Qri say it to him.

“You’re getting married, Qri-ssi.” Said Seungho.

“Ah.. i don’t care. I’m still getting married. Not already married. So i’m still the one who have control to my life. And i want to pass this night with you. Dance with me!” Qri pull Seungho to the dance floor. Seungho try to escape but Qri is holding him tightly. And he affraid that if he release Qri’s hand, she will fall on the ground.

Qri is dancing very y in front of Seungho. Following the music beat. Her body is moving so beautiful and y. Everybody look at her because her beauty. But, Seungho, the one who is Qri dancing to, just silent and don’t do anything.

Thirty minutes already pass. Suengho must go home now.

“Qri-ssi, i need to go home now.” Said Seungho and release Qri hand from his neck. But Qri is refuse it and keep Seungho. She even hug him now.

“Qri-ssi.. please. I need to... Qri-ssi!” Seungho hold Qri body that suddenly getting limp and want to fall on the floor. Everybody look at them and getting panic. Hongki and Shinye run on them. The party suddenly stop for a while.

“Hyung, what happened?” ask Hongki.

“She is drunk.” Said Seungho. Shinye look at her best friend.

“Omo... Qri-a. Seungho-ssi, can you take her to my apartment?” ask Shinye to Seungho. Seungho think for a moment.

“Please, Seungho-ssi. Just take her to my apartment.”

Seungho finally nodd his head and carried Qri to his car and then bring her to Shinye apartment. When they already inside, Seungho put Qri on Shinye bed.

“Just sleep, Qri-ssi. I need to go home. Shinye will come home in a moment.” Said Seungho and turn back. Suddenly, Qri is pulling Seungho until he fall on the bed. Qri hug him.

“Qri-ssi, what are you doing?” ask Seungho try to release Qri hugs.

“Do this with me tonight. Please!” said Qri and start to kiss Seungho neck. Seungho try so hard to release Qri.

“Qri-ssi, you are drunk. I’m Seungho. Not your fiance.” Said Seungho to Qri. Qri suddenly stop and look at Seungho, she start to cry. Seungho getting confused.

“What happened to you, Qri-ssi?” ask Seungho.

“You never change. You always the perfect Seungho that i know. The perfect Seungho that anybody can’t touch. The perfect Seungho that anybody can’t have.” Said Qri.

“What are you talking about?” ask Seungho. Qri is huging Seungho.

“I know you still mad at me since that moment. When i do it with Byunghee six years ago. I know i’m a bad woman. But, can you give a second chance? I will do it for you tonight.” Said Qri and start open her dress buttons. But suddenly, Seungho hold her hands.

“Jihyun-a, no. I can’t do it with you. I don’t have any feeling for you anymore. It’s been six year ago. And i’m already over it. I’m already over you. We already start our new life by ourself, Jihyun-a. You will getting married. And i have my own life.” Said Seungho to Qri. Qri heard what just Seungho called her before. 

“Why? You’re lie. If you not love me anymore, why you help me before and you even here with me? You even still called me with my true name.” ask Qri.

“It’s because i care of you. I respect you as a good woman. And you have to respect yourself too, Jihyun-a.” Said Seungho. Qri start to cry and hug him.

“Yes, i know. But, stay here with me today, Seungho-a. I need you.” Said Qri and sleep at Seungho chest.

Time is moving. Seungho look at his watch. 10.00 p.m. He can’t leave Qri alone. She is drunk and need someone to take care of her. Shinye still don’t coming home either. So, there is no one here that can stay with Qri.

Suddenly, Seungho start to thinking about Soyeon. Is she still waiting for him? She must be really hungry and tired. But, she’s not a baby. She will take the dinner alone and go to bed without thinking about him.

She’s not gonna wait for me.

-0-

07.00. Soyeon is sitting on the dining table. With the brightest smile on her face. Seungho will come home soon. She try to forget about anything that Qri said before. He will come home for her. And Soyeon don’t know why, the thing that she want for her birthday gift is celebrating it with Seungho. So, she keep the faith that Seungho will come home.

07.30.

“Is he stuck in the traffic jam? Or, is something happened to his car?” ask Soyeon to herself. He will come home. He just late!

08.00

Soyeon start to feel panic and worried. What happened to him? Is he really don’t coming home faster? Is something happened in his job that make him can go home faster? Or is something happened to him? Like..... go out with Qri?

09.00

Soyeon look at the clock. Late for two hours? It’s not late. He don’t coming home. But, something inside her heart telling her to keep waiting. And Soyeon believe it. Even when she also start to believe that he’s not coming home tonight.

10.00

Soyeon is sitting on the lobby of the apartment alone. Waiting Seungho to come home. And when someone is come inside the apartment, she always hope it’ll be Seungho. But, she always wrong. Seungho is never coming home.

11.00

Soyeon sit on the living room sofa with the TV on. But, she don’t watch it actually. She is dissolved with her own mind. Seungho isn’t coming home. She knows it. And he is with Qri right now. So it’s true? The ‘Seungho’ that Qri is talking about is her Seungho?

Her heart feel so hurt and really in pain. He isn’t coming home, Soyeon. Stop waiting! Stop hoping that he will open the door and show up there. Stop expecting something that isn’t going to happen.

But, Soyeon don’t know why. She really want to wait for him. And deep inside her heart, she know.. If, if... he show up from the door in this time... she will wellcome him gladly and forget about her angry feeling to him so easily.

00.00

“Saengil chukkahae, Soyeonnie...”

Soyeon say it to her self and blow the candle with the tears in her eyes. She is wrong. He never show up from the door and join her to celebrate her birthday.

And then, she look at the table. All of it. All of the foods that she make. The cake. The drinks. And also herself that is waiting for him is useless. He don’t coming, and never will.

Soyeon cry harder in her silent. Her heart really hurt and dissapointed. She never feel something that really hurting her heart like this before. It’s the different feeling with her feelings when Byunghee leave her in Korea.

Every happy and beautiful imagination that she wanted is gone. Maybe, she is hoping too much. She’s over-intrepret about anything that Seungho do to her last night. She thinks that Seungho already can open his heart for her. But, she’s wrong. Seungho just assume Soyeon like everybody else. Nothing special. He never consider her as his someone special.

And she is to stupid to make him her’s.

-0-

Eunjung wake up on from her sleep when she heard someone is ringing the bell. She look at her watch. 12 a.m. Who is the person that come here in the middel of the night?

She peek that person from the door peeper. And she startled. Jangwoo oppa? Eunjung open the door immediately.

“Oppa? Why are you here?”

Jangwoo hug Eunjung and pull her inside the hotel room.

“Mianhae...” said Jangwoo. Eunjung feel confused with Jangwoo sorry.

“For what?” ask Eunjung. Jangwoo look at Eunjung eyes with his sorrow look. Eunjung realize something.

“Are you already fulfill my wish?” ask Eunjung. Jangwoo sigh hard and nodd his head slowly.

Eunjung suddenly cry. Jangwoo hug her.

“Mianhe...” said Jangwoo.

Eunjung nodd her head.

“No, everything that you do is my wish. Thank you for doing it to me, yeobo. Thank you.”

Eunjung kiss her husband lips and then Jangwoo carried Eunjung and take her to the bed.

  

To be continued

Annyeong readers ^^

New chapter is here.

Because yesterday was Soyeon birthday. So, the chapter gonna be about her birthday. I hope all of you is waiting for this story so much.

In the next one week i can’t update the fiction. So, i will make this faster... =)

As usual, comment and subscribe guys.

Enjoy!

Love,

rashimaa