Chapter 23

Love Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The blinding brightness of the sun flashes on Taeyeon’s face through the bare window, irritating and pulling the latter forcefully out of her deep slumber.  Taeyeon covers herself underneath the thick blanket, tugging her mind back in her dreamland. But it’s useless, she is now fully awake, and as an insomniac, it will be difficult for her to drag herself into another sleep.

Sighing, Taeyeon just gives up and uncover her body from the blanket. She then stretches her short arms and legs as far as they can. When she was about to sit up and climb off her bed, she decided to just relax first on her comfy bed that she missed so much.

“Good morning, shortie,” She heard a voice that gains her attention. In curiosity with the familiar voice, she looks on where it came from.

“How’s your sleep?” Kiseop asks, shoving away the scattered hairs from Taeyeon’s face.

She nods and sits up. “Good, good that I finally slept again on my bed.” She replies as she grins. “What about you?”

Kiseop playfully makes a scowl. “Not really. I’m not used sleeping on the floor.” He answers, being emphatic in every word of his sentence.

“Oh, I remember, you’re a prince,” Taeyeon teases mockingly while softly chuckling.

Kiseop smiles and sits beside her. “Maybe I should sleep now…” he says as he lays his body on the bed and rests his head on Taeyeon’s lap. “It’s comfortable now.” He beams as Taeyeon just lets him do his thing.

“Noona,”

Both Taeyeon and Kiseop jump away from each other after hearing the sudden voice.

“Yeah, Baekhyun?” Taeyeon asks, her voice abruptly trembles in nervousness.

Baekhyun makes a grimace at the sight. “What’s going on in here?” Baekhyun queries suspiciously, shifting his gaze back and forth between Kiseop and Taeyeon.

“Ah, we are just talking. Why you’re here, by the way?” Taeyeon questions him, tilting her head a little.

Baekhyun just nods his head although he knows that there’s really something between his sister and Kiseop. “I’ll just talk to you, noona.” He answers; his eyes not leaving Kiseop’s orbs.

Taeyeon bites her bottom lip. “Come in then let’s talk.” She smiles while gesturing her brother to come over him.

Baekhyun’s eyes are still glue to Kiseop’s. “Alone.” He emphasizes, making his gaze fiercer than ever.

“Oh…” Taeyeon utters as she nudges Kiseop.

Kiseop got her message and fakes a cough. “Shortie, I’ll just talk to you later.”

“Wait, do Sunny and Eli are still here?” Taeyeon asks before Kiseop can walk.

Kiseop shakes his head. “They said they need to go to school early.” He answers as he strolls out, bumping his shoulder against Baekhyun’s while leaving him countless glares before stepping out.

As soon as Kiseop walked out of the room, Baekhyun quickly locks the door and sits across from Taeyeon’s direction. “Noona, that guy likes you.”

Taeyeon suddenly feels uneasy about his question. “I know, actually.” She answers in abrupt sheepishness.

Baekhyun widens his eyes. “Noona, that guy is a total jerk!” He snarls, letting out his frustration inside.

“Baekhyun, calm down, I didn’t say that I like him. I just said that I already know that he likes me.” Taeyeon tries to explain.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes while clenching his jaw. “But you do not like him, right noona?” He asks her with the hint of worry and despair in his tone.

Taeyeon heaves a sigh; she doesn’t know what to give as a valid response.

“Noona, I just don’t like a guy like him to be your first boyfriend!” Baekhyun squalls.

Taeyeon frowns. “Why you’re like this, Baekhyun? What did Kiseop do wrong for you to act like this? Why you’re so against him?” She interrogates constantly without even breathing.

“He beat up my friend, noona, he did! That’s how evil he is!” Baekhyun shouts in so much anger.

Taeyeon shakes her head slowly. “He won’t do that if there’s no reason, Baekhyun. Maybe your friend has done something.” She assures.

“No, he didn’t. His hobby is beating up guys, right?”Baekhyun argues.

Taeyeon bites her lower lip. “Baekhyun, people can change.” She replied merely.

“Heh,” Baekhyun sighs. “But not all.”

Taeyeon’s hands ball into a solid fist, feeling rather upset on how Baekhyun is unusually acting right now. “Maybe, but out of “all” that you’re saying, Kiseop is one who is trying.” She defends. Although she never want this non-sense argument to go further, she shall make Baekhyun looks at Kiseop differently.

Baekhyun feels a fire burns inside his body in anger. “Noona, let’s make this clear. Tell me honestly, do you like that jerk?” He asks, anticipating for a “no” answer.

Taeyeon closes her eyes as she lets her anger go out by breathing heavily. She doesn’t know how to answer the question.

“What?” Baekhyun asks, impatiently waiting for his sister to give him a legit answer.

 Taeyeon looks up on him and finally makes up her mind. “No, I don’t like him.” She lies, not very ostensible because of her firm-looking eyes.

Baekhyun smiles but it looks like an evil one instead. “But why you keep on defending him all this time?!” He corrosively queries his obviously confused sister.

Taeyeon feels her tongue getting trap inside . Her heart is thumping very hard in trepidation. “H-He is my f-friend… that i-is…” She unsuccessfully stammers.

“Friend? Oh, what’s the meaning of friend, then?” Baekhyun mockingly asks.

Taeyeon tries to surpass all the sarcastic questions Baekhyun is asking her but she can’t. Her heart wants to let it all out, but again, she can’t. It feels like her heart is gaining hard punches every time Baekhyun is asking her questions. All of his queries are all about how she feels to Kiseop. And it hurts her, utterly. It hurts on how she doesn’t have confidence to tell the world that she is in love with him. It’s leaving her mind in unmitigated muddiness every time she needs to think for a pleasant lie to say.

“Huh? Can’t answer it?” Baekhyun teases, looking at Taeyeon vindictively.

Taeyeon lowers her head. “Friend, I’m just looking at him as a friend. Nothing special, I don’t like him; I don’t even have feelings for him. Are you happy now?” She firmly and toughly answers his question even though inside, her mind is scolding her heart once again for being a fool.

Baekhyun smirks. “I am glad.” He replies while smiling but in his inside, he’s still left with doubt.

Taeyeon grits her teeth, it’s the first time she feels like this and it’s also the first time Baekhyun argues with her. Although she understands that Baekhyun’s intention is to protect her, his obnoxious and oblivious way of speaking vex Taeyeon so much.

After staring at the space for a moment, Taeyeon heard her mother calling her out for the breakfast.

“Neh, I’ll be right there!” She responds, making her way out of her room.

“Oh, Tae, your friend… ah… yeah, Ki… what is it again?” Her mother asks, carelessly forgetting Kiseop’s name.

Her remark renders Taeyeon to finally smile. “Kiseop, umma,” she reminds as she sits down on the empty chair across Baekhyun.

“Oh, Kiseop said he needed to leave early so he just left without notifying you.” Her mother informs as she serves the foods on the clean table.

Taeyeon nods her head. “That’s alright.” She timidly replies as she begins to eat her breakfast.

---

The blue and clear sky is now gradually replaced by the dark sk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter