Chapter 18

Love Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kiseop and Taeyeon finally decided to leave the Lotte World after they had their lunch. The sun is still shining so bright and the clouds are formed perfectly, fitting the blue and clear sky.

“Where do you want to go now?” Kiseop asked while trying to fix his hair, getting blown away by the wind.

“I don’t know… let’s just wander around…”  Taeyeon answered, looking up to the sky. “The weather is great today… I don’t want to waste it.” She stated while smelling the refreshing air.

Kiseop looks at her; amuse by her actions. “Hmm,” he said while nodding. He then closes his eyes and also smells the air, like Taeyeon was doing.

They continue to walk, not knowing where to go. Both of them are silent throughout the walk. Silence is seemingly a usual thing between them now since they both are uncomfortable to each other. Not the point  that they don’t like each other but the point that they are both shy in front of one another that keeps their mouths shut and their tongues trap inside.

The horn of the accelerating car breaks off the silence between them. Kiseop looks at where the sound came from and saw a speeding car behind Taeyeon. His eyes widened and he feels like his numb. His mind keeps on telling him to pull Taeyeon but his body can’t obey what’s in his mind.

“Shortie!” He shouts as he feels his whole body trembling.

Taeyeon looks at him and finally realized the car will almost hit her so she immediately runs toward Kiseop. “Ahh!” she shrieked as she buries her face on Kiseop’s chest.

Kiseop finally comes back to his senses and found Taeyeon hugging him tight. “Shortie, a-are y-y-ou ok-a-ay?” he stammered. He pushes Taeyeon lightly to break off her hug that reveals Taeyeon’s wet face and her body almost like it’s going to fall down. After seeing her like that, Kiseop pulls her once again into a hug and let her cry on his chest. Hearing her sobs, Kiseop can’t help but to hate himself. Guilt once again swallowed him.

‘Pabo, Lee Kiseop! Why didn’t you save her?! What if she died because of you? Now she’s in shock and suffering from fear! Pabo!’  Kiseop scolded himself while hugging Taeyeon tighter.  “Mianhae…” he apologized while petting Taeyeon’s head.

“Mianhae? I almost died because of you… and now, you can only say sorry?” Taeyeon fumed while letting her tears flow from her swollen eyes.

Kiseop grinds his teeth, trying to hold his tears from falling. “Mianhae... jeongmal mianhae” he said while looking at her apologetically.

Taeyeon lowers her head and wipes her tears away. “Sorry, m-my anger just let those words went out… I-I’ m sorry…” she said after realizing what she said.

Kiseop shakes his head slowly. “Why you’re saying sorry? It’s my entire fault… you’re not at fault.” He snorted.

“Nobody’s at fault so let’s just this thing go…” Taeyeon replied while smiling faintly at him.

Kiseop looks at her and also smiles but it immediately disappear. Kiseop is still blaming himself on what happened. He can’t help it. Most especially if Taeyeon is the one who’s going to hurt. Guiltiness is the one who’s pushing him to do so.

“Kiseop?” Taeyeon asked as he noticed Kiseop is staring blankly at the space.

Kiseop immediately blinks his eyes and shifts it to Taeyeon. “Ah, let’s go home now… I, I don’t have the mood to go around anymore…” he said and walks away but Taeyeon stops him quickly.

Taeyeon sniffs to avoid her mucus to flow out. “The sun will set soon. Can we go and watch it?” She suggested while looking at Kiseop’s wrist watch.

Kiseop nods his head. “Since I do something wrong to you today… I’ll give you a favor.” He half-smiles and swings his arm on Taeyeon’s shoulder but she removes it immediately. Kiseop once again put his arm around her and Taeyeon did not refuse this time. “Give in already?” he asked sounding rather a tease while walking.

“Will I win over you, huh?” Taeyeon argued.

Kiseop grinned and pushed her head on his shoulder. “Good thing that you know…” he laughed and continues to walk. Taeyeon can’t help but to smile widely at what he’s doing. She rests her head more comfortably at Kiseop’s shoulder while letting his embrace comfort her.

After walking for several minutes, they decided just to watch the sunset at the Han River.

“Just five minutes more,” Kiseop informed as he looks impatiently at the sky. Taeyeon nods and also looks at the sky.

Without even realizing, the sun slowly hides under the cottony clouds, leaving the sky bloody red.

While watching the sun setting, Kiseop finds it a good timing to hold onto Taeyeon’s hand. He slowly approaches her hand secretly and intertwined i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter