Birthday

Trapped on Exo Island

"Yah Luhan... get up!" Lay poked the sleeping figure in the stomach, making the older squirm in his sleep. "Yah! Luhan!" he repeated, a bit louder this time. Luhan groaned and turned around so he was lying on his stomach.

"Shirro," he responded, eyes still closed shut.

"Oh so now we're using Korean, are we?" he snickered while attempting to flip the practically lifeless body over. "Fine! Be that way, I guess we'll just have to wish ________ a happy birthday without you."

At the sound of your name, Luhan immediately forced his eyes open, being welcomed to a sunny surrounding, making him wince and rub his eyes. Tao, who was on the other side of Luhan, chuckled.

"I told you that would work!" he pointed at Lay triumphantly.

Luhan looked around in a daze. 

tumblr_m55hiwvfai1qhk0wlo1_500_large.png

Chen was already gone, probably off to accomplish his mission. Kris and Tao were setting up their surprise. And Xiumin was trying to bribe a certain stubborn tiger into helping them out while Lay was still hovering over him.

"You better start helping or we aren't counting you in this," Lay warned, then walked off to tend to Tao with his new splinter from the tree bark.

***

"Oh. Hey Chen," you acknowledged Chen's presence and nodded at him while you continued looking out for more firewood. He held up his hand as if to say hello.

Seeing that he wouldn't move, you waved a hand in front of his face. "You need anything?" you raised your eyebrow and tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear, still carefully holding a small log across your body.

"I- Uh..." Chen stammered, still not knowing how he would stall.

"O-kay then, I'm off to the beach," you informed, striding past him. He widened his eyes and mentally cursed, darting past you to block your way. You gave him a questioning look and arched your eyebrow.

"Yes...?" 

"Play with me!" Chen accidentally blurted out, still not knowing what to do.

Your eyes widened at his request. "What?!"

"No, no! Not like that... I mean... erm... I bet I can run faster than you!" he dared to cross that line of yours, knowing you're always up for a challenge.

You narrowed your eyes and put your hands on your hips. "Oh you can, can you?" 

"Why don't we find out, then?" he smirked at how well his plan was going.

"You're on!" you shouted.

***

Kris strode over to Luhan who was taking a small break. Luhan, who just took a sip of water, raised his arms in defense.

"I know I know, I'm getting back to work," he sighed, crouching over to get back up. Kris shook his head and slightly pushed him back down.

"Do you think your ankle will be okay to perform?" he asked, worried for his fellow member.

Luhan smiled. "I think it's getting better, it was just a sprain. How about your arm?"

Kris shook his arm that was wrapped in a bandage-like plant. "I can't really feel it anymore. But I think the people we should be worrying for the most is Tao and Xiumin gege, they were hurt the most." Luhan nodded in agreement.

"Let's just hope Chen's doing well with his part," he rolled his eyes and wondered how that side was going.

The group spent their day organizing and perfecting your birthday party. Xiumin even convinced Sabin to help them by saying, "It would be an act of love to your master." Lay was coordinating the presents and decorations, however, there were not many, and everyone else was working on the stage that fell apart the first five times they got it together. After a while of the frustrating ordeal, they concluded they would just do it on the rocky dust of the beach.

Once they were done, it was almost sunset, which is exactly what they had hoped for. They sent Sabin to go and fetch you and Chen while they got into their positions.

"Ow... Tao, that's my foot!" 

"Whoops, sorry!"

"Why is it taking so long?!"

"Everyone shut up, they'll be here soon!"

"You know, you telling us to be quiet is just as bad as us talking."

"Shhhh!"

SLAP

"Why did you just hit me?!"

"You were being annoying!"

"No I-"

"Uh... guys...?" The five froze in their spots and slowly looked up, only to see you hovering over them with a confused look on your face while Chen was behind you, face palming.

"Oh! SURPRISE...!" Tao was the first one to jump and shout, while the others hopped up and cheered as well, just a bit less enthusiastic than they would have been.

You giggled and grinned warmly at their kind act. "For what?"

"Your birthday, of course!" Lay said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Your mouth formed an 'o'. "Right, that was today... You did all of this for me?" you asked, although there wasn't much they really set up. Small wooden ornaments were hung across the trees, there was one lone present that was covered by a palm tree leaf, and in the sand, they wrote out with sticks and stones, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ________."

Chen nodded cockily. "I was stalling you."

Xiumin spoke up. "So you're officially twenty years old now!"

"Since there wasn't a cake, we have a coconut," Kris held up the round object. You smirked.

"Then open it for me."

Kris smiled cheekily. "Maybe next time..." You chuckled.

"This isn't just for your birthday, but it's also a thanks for doing everything to help us... survive, I guess?" Tao tilted his head and shrugged.

"We have a surprise for you!" Luhan exclaimed and ran to his spot on the "stage". The others did the same.

Suddenly, a small chant was heard. "Careless careless, shoot anonymous anonymous... heartless, mindless, no one who care about meeee?" You widened your eyes once realized they were performing for you. The sunset was making the atmosphere even better.

Chen turned and started singing acapella. You were quite stunned. You hadn't imagined what good singers they made. At the end, you stared at their backs and how much they were panting from their long awaited performance. You clutched your chest and noticed your heart was racing, like a hummingbird's. 

"Happy birthday, ________," they chorused in unison, making hearts with their arms.

You wiped a forming tear at the corner of your eye. "Thank you," was all you could say at that moment.

"Your present!" Tao tugged your arm and handed you the object. You stared at it and beamed, automatically knowing what it was.

"I bring it with me everywhere, just in case," Lay shrugged, acting like it wasn't a big deal. It was a map to all of South Korea. "Just to get you excited for when we get back."

"Thank you so much... again," you got up and embraced each and every one of them into a tight hug.

"Happy birthday."


Sosososo sorry for not updating yesterday like I promised, there was a small schedule I had that just popped up... Dx so this is a kind of long(?) chappie to apologize... AND 40 SUBBERS??? U GUYS ARE AWESOME~! Please comment and subscribe! I have so many silent readers... and I know I advertize a lot, but I'm helping out my sisters~! (well, one of them's my real sister) If you like Taemin and dogs, read this story, Bad Dog, Good Dog!

-dino-nerd525