Backfired

Trapped on Exo Island

You calmly walked out of your hut, trying to forget your awkward little moment with Luhan when you suddenly remembered something. I shouldn't get too close with them. Once we get back, we go separate ways...

You watched them all dance around on the beach as you unknowingly smiled to yourself. Kinda too late for that, huh, ________? To be honest, they were the first people you could actually call your friends. You didn't really remember much from when you were living in Korea and were still with your parents. It was all kind of a blur. One thing you did remember, though, was not having many friends. You were always considered a loner for a couple of reasons. Most of them were ones that you had a hard time to recall. The one you could remember was because you always had a stubborn, hard-headed personality. You gave people the cold shoulder and never really considered their thoughts and feelings.

Suddenly, you felt a pang in your heart. It saddened you to say that you would have to part with them sooner or later, but that's the way everything had to go. You decided it was for the best and reconsidered going back to your foul attitude like how you acted when the six first got there.

You were walking along the beach, not exactly knowing what you were doing, when Tao happily skipped over to you. "________! Watch this! I finally learned how to-" he was stopped mid-sentence when you did nothing else but walk past him. "_-________?" he tapped your shoulder. You briefly looked back at him, automatically regretting your action. His face had a look of sadness written across it. You almost gave in until you remembered your thoughts from before. Clenching your fists, you gathered up all your strength and ignored him once more.

Tao furrowed his eyebrows and blew a raspberry in the air while striding over to where the others were. "Does ________ seem kind of down to you?" he asked.

They all turned their heads to you in unison, watching as you walked into the trees, disappearing into their shadows.

"She seemed okay when I talked to her this morning," Luhan scratched his head.

Chen shrugged, "You never know what's on girls' minds. Who knows? It could be her time of the month," he air-quoted. Everyone nodded in agreement except for Tao who had no idea what they were talking about, but let it slide.

***

You, on the other hand, relaxed your body as you walked into the jungle. Sighing, you plopped down onto one of the large logs nearby. This is gonna be harder than I thought...

"So Tao's pretty upset..." Kris commented, catching you off guard.

"I'm sure he'll get over it," you retorted, putting your mean face on.

He took a seat next to you. You turned the other way, not wanting to make eye contact. "What's with you today?"

Not knowing how to respond to the question, you simply shook your head and bit your thumbnail.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

You shrugged.

"I know something's up, there's no point in hiding it anymore. What? Are you PMSing or something?"

You shot your head up at him. "You don't go around asking girls if they're PMSing!" you smacked his arm. He chuckled.

"Well you don't go around ignoring sensitive little pandas!" he fired back. You couldn't help but crack a smile at his comeback, but you hid it well enough for him not to see it.

"Why don't you just go... hunt or something? Aren't you hungry?" you turned your head to face him again, only to be surprised that he had left. "What the hell..." you mumbled under your breath.

You made your way back over to your house, seeing that you had nothing else to do. As you were climbing up the ladder, you heard an unfamiliar crack. Looking everything up and down, you had noticed that it hadn't come from the ladder, but the whole tree house itself. Thinking it was nothing but a loose board, you continued to climb. You almost reached the top until you suddenly felt a bit tipped over and had to lean on a tree for support.

SNAP!

Oh crap...

SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!

You scrambled as fast as you could to get out from under the large hut before it fell. Unfortunately, with a last CRACK, the structure came crashing down, taking you with it.

"AHHHHHH!"

Dammit dammit dammit....

You curled up into a ball, readying yourself to slam against the ground painfully which happened quickly, but a lot softer than you had expected it to be. You arose successfully, smiling to yourself at how much it didn't hurt. That is, until you heard someone groan from under you.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" you froze, taking in the practically lifeless body into your mind. Kris lay there, sprawled out on the dirt and grass, clutching his head. I can't believe I just landed on Kris... I hope I didn't injure him! Nice going, ________, real smooth.

"Kris are you okay, we heard a-" Xiumin was cut off by his own gasp once saw the terrible situation before him. The rest followed behind, watching carefully as you helped the leader back up on his feet, only to have you support him, for he was still unstable.

"Th-That was q-quite a big fall y-you... could have s-suffered there.... T-Trust me... I-I know," Kris managed to croak out. He shook his head before getting himself together. "Geez, how can a girl with such a flat stomach weigh so much?" he poked your exposed belly.

"Yah!" you screamed at him while he chuckled endlessly.

You stared at the broken piles of wood and bark all around the place. The bridge that connected the two houses was now carelessly dangling from the remaining hut. Luckily, all of your animals were out so none were harmed. Everything else, however, would take weeks of repairing.

"Damn..." you whispered as you walked over to the large mass. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"You can always room with us," Lay suggested. You sighed and pinched the bridge off your nose. Seeing that there was really no other option besides sleeping outside for a night, you obliged. This plan isn't gonna work so well.

"First I should probably clean this up, though," you folded your arms across your chest and slowly picked up a stray piece of wood.

"We'll help you, then," Luhan placed his hand over yours, surprised afterwards when you yanked it away.

"Do whatever you want," you harshly stated, although you really would appreciate some help. They shrugged slightly, shuffling over to you one by one. Honestly, you didn't think they'd actually help based on how you were just treating them.

You gathered up all of the wood that were the floorboards and placed them up against the tree that once held it all. Everyone else mirrored your actions until there were only a few scraps left from the damage. Since the tree house was quite big and had scattered everywhere, it took a long time for everything to get sorted out. By the time you were all finished, it was growing dark.

You and exo caught your dinners in silence, an awkward one to be exact. After eating, you still sat there while the six sleepily headed for their hut from the tiring day.

"Hey," a small voice whisper-shouted. Looking back, it was none other than Luhan. "You coming?"

You shook your head once.

He sighed. "Where are you gonna sleep then?"

"I have the ground. It's fine, I just don't want to invade your space is all," you made up an excuse from the top of your head. However, it didn't seem like Luhan would back down so easily.

"We aren't mad at you if that's what you're wondering," he shrugged. "Besides, there's lots of room there, we don't mind. Or I don't mind, at least." And with that, he took off.

You rolled your eyes and pat the ground. This is all I need.

***

Around 11:00 pm

THIS. IS. SO. FREAKING. STUPID.

You shuffled for the umpteenth time on the ground before giving up and lying on your back, sighing. You sat up and ruffled your hair before going to sit on a log. You took a small glance at Sabin, Dooly, and Oren who were snoozing away. Scoffing at them, you wondered how all animals were able to sleep so peacefully out here.

They'd be asleep by now, right??? Then they won't see me.

Tip-toeing your way up to the hut, you shushed your leg when a small crack was heard. You mentally sighed once seen none of the sleeping men woke up.

You carefully and quietly made your way over to the other side where nobody else was. Unfortunately, Chen's arm that was out snagged onto your foot, sending you plummeting towards the floor. You mentally cursed once the floorboards slammed upon your body, but mentally cursed yourself even more when you saw everyone stirring.

Your face was right next to Lay's when you landed. His breathing became heavy and he slowly started to stretch. You saw he was beginning to wake up, resulting in your quickening pace to get up from where you were.

"_-________?" you mentally face palmed yourself when you heard him speak, but was given a shock when you noticed that he was still sound asleep and that his lips never moved. You guessed it would be Chen since his hand was the one you tripped on.

"Are you okay?" No, it was not Lay, nor Chen, but Luhan.

"Y-Yeah..." you awkwardly attempted to get up. He chuckled and outstretched a hand for you, but you pretended that you didn't see it.

"What are you doing here?" he asked as you brushed the dirt from you off. You tried stalling by brushing off even more dust from your body so you could come up with a good enough excuse. He and the rest of exo have only seen your weak spot once when you were telling them about your past, and you did not want him to see another.

"Uh you know... just checking up on you guys... you seem to be doing fine, so I'll just be on my way," you pointed at the exit and slowly began making your way for it, hoping he would offer you to stay.

Luhan rolled his eyes at you, knowing exactly what you were doing, but smirked once hatched an idea. "You can stay."

You turned, putting your poker face on. "I guess... you know, I might as well since I'm here."

"But. What's the magic word?" he sang, mentally laughing at your reaction.

"Yah! For the record, this is my house. I made it and was nice enough for you to stay in it, in fact, what am I even saying? I shouldn't have to be invited to stay here!" you yelled, a bit too loudly.

Tao crossed his arms from behind you. "You're too loud and I can't sleep. Just say it."

You rolled your eyes and turned to face him. "No! I don't think it's very fair that...."

Tao sighed as you continued your rant, so he put a finger up, signaling you to be quiet for just a second. You obeyed and waited for his argument. "Bbuing bbuing~!" he cutely put his hands up to his face.

You bit your lip. How did he know I have a soft spot for aegyo??? You tried looking somewhere else, but your eyes would just unknowingly wander back to him, his aegyo face frozen in place. Knowing he wouldn't give up anytime soon, you let out a frustrated groan.

"Fine fine! Just stop with the face already!" you pointed at him while he smirked.

"Good! Now say please to Luhan-ge," he put his hands on your shoulders and forcefully turned you around to face the other.

You stubbornly crossed your arms and looked down. "Can I stay, please?" you mumbled under your breath.

Luhan cupped a hand up to his ear and bent down. "Huh? What? I can't hear you," he teased.

"CAN I STAY HERE, PLEASE?!" you stomped your foot and snapped, making everyone else near you awaken which included... everyone.

He grinned at you and pat your head. "Yes, you can. See, that wasn't so hard now was it?" he pinched and pulled on your cheek. You pretended to bite his hand, making him pull away.

After realizing you had woken everyone up, you groaned and blamed Chen for leaving his hand out. That plan totally backfired...

"I can't sleep anymore," Lay announced.

"Neither can I..." Xiumin pouted.

It seemed as if everyone couldn't because of your yelling, but you thought of this as the perfect opportunity.

"Oh really? Well I can, so goodnight everyone!" you chortled and lay down next to Kris who was glaring you down. It made you so uncomfortable that you couldn't do anything. "What?" you glared back at him.

"You're the one that woke us up. You should be the one to put us back to sleep," he calmly reasoned.

"It wasn't my fault! I tripped on Chen's hand!" you retorted.

"Yah! I was sleeping!"

"Come on, ________, please?" Kris poked you. You swatted his hand away and closed your eyes, meaning you refused. "Alright, then, Tao! Do you mind using your aegyo again?"

Your eyes shot wide open as you sat up. "Nope, I'm good! So... how can I help?"

This should be a fun night...


Okay so to say sorry for my long hiatus, here's a longer chapter for you all!!! xD Just a heads up, you guys might not get as fast of updates as I had hoped for since school starts tomorrow for me (BOOOOOOO!!! T^T), but I'll try my best to update all stories whenever I have the time. But anyhow, please continue supporting my fanfics! Support this one, too, by taemint71893! If you like 2min, then check it out!: When Four Thieves Steal a Prince

-dino-nerd525