All-nighter

Trapped on Exo Island

Hey, so this is a double update, just in case you haven't read chapter 6, go do that now!~ xD


Kris's POV

"Dammit," I silently cursed under my breath when my arrow got lost in the woods somewhere. I turned back to everyone else. "I'm gonna go get that."

"Yeah, be careful," Xiumin nodded. As I ran into the dark trees, I heard a weird noise that made my ears ring, but for some reason I also couldn't get enough of it. I heard it again, and I started walking towards it. I gasped when I saw what it was, immediately ducking behind a bush. It was ________'s laugh. More like giggle.

I watched her as Luhan started poking her flat and exposed stomach and sides, making her jump and squeal. Luhan laughed. I clutched my chest as I felt my heart racing. Not from love, but almost from rage. I should have hurt my ankle... why am I even having these thoughts...? I unknowingly thought. ________ fell on top of Luhan, their faces inches apart. I gasped again, but a lot louder this time. ________'s face popped up, and she narrowed her eyes.

I couldn't make out much of what they were saying, but it was something along the lines of, "Did you hear that?"

Luhan shrugged and shook his head. I then saw ________ come closer to the bush I was hiding behind, making me stumble back. 

She sighed. "Kris, come out," she pinched the bridge of her nose. Busted...

I scratched my head nervously and slowly arose from the shrub. "Hehe... yes?" I tried playing it off casually.

"Were you spying on us?" she narrowed her eyes at me. I stared at my feet.

"N-No, you see... I-I shot my arrow, and it landed somewhere here and I thought it landed in the... shrub..." I explained.

"A shrub? I call it a bush," Luhan said.

"Same thing," I rolled my eyes.

"No, it isn't the same thing. If it was the same thing there would only be one name for it-" Luhan was interrupted by ________.

"I found it," she handed the tool back to me. I nodded in thanks. "We should get back now."

________ began to walk in front of us, so Luhan made conversation. "Hey, you know that it's gonna be ________'s 20th birthday in a week?" he whispered in my ear.

"Really?" I whispered back. He nodded.

"We should do something for her, she's done so much for us."

I nodded in agreement. "We should tell the others tonight."

***

(Back to third person POV)

Purrrrrr....

"Shhhh Sabin be quiet," you whisper-shouted at him. You remembered the other day when the boys' backs hurt from sleeping on the floor, and you felt a bit guilty, so you decided to make them a large bed. You already had the frame built stably, and all you had to do was weave the leaves and stalks together. You were down on the beach while everyone was sleeping, a small fire lit for you to see. 

Grrrrr....

"Sabin, I told you if you didn't want to come you didn't have to," you sighed. He put two paws onto your "mattress". "What are you doing?" you asked him. He yawned.

"If you're tired, go back," you pointed back at the house. He yawned again and looked at you to follow him. "I'm doing this for them. Do you want them to be able to sleep or not?" 

He narrowed his eyes at you and slumped his shoulders. "Oh come on, don't be like that," you changed sitting positions. He gave you one of his looks. "Well I don't care if you don't want them to sleep. I do, so if you would let me-"

"Need any help?" a familiar voice sounded behind you. Turning around, all six of them were there.

Grrrrr.....

"Sabin!" you snapped. He lie down next to you and eyed them protectively.

Tao chuckled. "He doesn't like us very much, does he?"

"I don't think he likes anybody but me and Dooly... once he tried to attack Oren," you laughed at the vivid memory.

"Oren?" Lay tilted his head and sat down next to you.

"Monkey," you replied. Lay stretched his arm out and began petting Sabin's head. Sabin glared at him, but let him slide.

"So watcha doing here?" Luhan asked, warming up by the fire. Xiumin and Chen joined him while Kris and Tao sat across from you, admiring your work.

"Were you doing this," Kris pointed at the bed frame, "for us?" he pointed at all of them. You nodded.

"I felt bad that you weren't sleeping well. It's actually going pretty nicely," you started to weave again.

"You really don't have to," Lay tried pushing your hand down, signaling you to stop, but you shook your head.

"I've already gone this far, I'm not gonna stop now," you beamed at them. "It's really not big deal."

"Usually when people say that, it's a big deal," Luhan laughed along with Xiumin.

"Yah, it is not. Just... go get some sleep," you jerked your head towards the houses. Sabin seemed to almost nod, agreeing with you.

"Ah ah ah!" Luhan shook his finger at you. "Watch it, remember. We're older than you. You shouldn't use the word 'Yah' with us," he jokingly tapped your nose. You swatted it away.

"I'm older than Chen and Tao, who says I wasn't talking to them?" you stubbornly rolled your eyes. "Go to bed," you commanded.

"Well what about you? You need sleep, too," Kris pointed out. 

You blew on the fire a bit. "No, I can pull an all-nighter if I wanted to," you subtly bragged.

"Oh really now?" Chen rolled his eyes.

"Is that a challenge?" you shot back, narrowing your eyes.

"Yes, it actually is. Whoever falls asleep last wins," he put his hand out for you to shake. You eyed it carefully before shaking it.

***

About two hours into the game, the ones to already fall asleep were Xiumin, Chen, Tao, and Lay, which left you, Kris, and Luhan. You observed the other two. Kris looked wide awake while Luhan was slapping his face every now and then before drifting off to dreamland. You helped Sabin and Kris to help the others back to the house before coming back to the beach. Sabin yawned and nudged you.

"I told you you didn't have to come," you nudged him back.

Grrrrr..... He looked at you, then Kris, then back at you.

You held your hands up in the air in defense. "What? I won't do anything! You know me better than that!" 

He looked at Kris. "He won't do anything, either!" you defended him. Kris laughed and Sabin's back, making him snap his head around and glare at him.

"Stubborn tiger you got there," he chuckled. You rolled your eyes.

"I think he got it from me... I wonder sometimes if he even is a tiger, or a human in disguise..." you poked Sabin on the nose. He growled, but immediately stopped once he saw it was just you. He glanced at you, then nodded, walking back to the hut.

"So I guess it's just you and me, then," Kris shrugged. You lay down and shut your eyes.

"You aren't asleep, are you?" he asked. Without opening your eyes, you shook your head. 

"Just resting a bit," you replied. He lay down next to you.

"You know, although I've only been here for two days, it's been really fun," he poked your cheek to check if you were awake. You slapped his hand.

"I can't wait to see how it is like back in Korea. It'll probably take some getting used to, though," you rolled onto your side. "I can't wait to see my parents, I can't wait to see the food, I can't wait to see... can't wait to... see..." your voice trailed as you let your eyes fall and let sleep take over your body.

Kris smiled at your sleeping face. "Goodnight, ________."


SO! DOUBLE UPDATE, YEAH! well, it was all in one day, but i think of that as a double update! and don't you just love Sabin??? at first he was supposed to be just your tiger that would show up every few chapters, but idk why, he makes things more fun for me to write! xD please comment, subscribe, and tell your friends!~

AND 100 DAYS WITH EXO~! <3 <3 <3 <3 WOOHOO! 

-dino-nerd525