Getting Situated

Trapped on Exo Island

"Your parents?" they all stared at you.

"Yeah, haven't you noticed that I'm... alone?" you pretended to look around.

"I guess..." Xiumin croaked.

"Just wondering... how did you get on this island?" Luhan asked.

You sighed. "I'll try to explain it in the shortest way possible."

You cleared your throat and shut your eyes to remember the depressing memory. "It was about... four? No, five. Five years ago. My parents and I were planning on going on a trip to California for a few weeks, so we packed our bags and rode on the fastest trip possible. I... I remember that the plane was a bit shaky, but the pilot said everything would be okay. Damn pilot, he friggin lied to us... It crashed within minutes. In this very ocean. Luckily, we all had our life vests so it wasn't a problem. We took shelter on this island and we waited for someone to come. One afternoon, a helicopter flew by and was surprised to see all of us here, but since there wasn't much room in there, they took three trips to take everyone back when my parents and I were the ones left. I was out exploring in the trees, I found it very interesting. I heard a shout and before I knew it, all I saw was a helicopter, shrinking in the sky and I knew my parents had left." Your voice became a little shaky, but you urged yourself to go on. 

"I don't blame them, though. The pilot was American and my parents couldn't speak English, so he had no way of understanding them. Since that very day, I've been stuck here... I'm not sure if my parents came looking for me, or they just couldn't find the island afterwards, I mean, I don't even know where I am... I just.... I just wish that I could..." your voice trailed, and you could feel the tips of your eyelids getting wet. 

"It's okay, you don't have to finish," Lay awkwardly pat your head.

"We'll do it," Tao wiped your tears with the back of his hand, making you smile.

"Really?" you toothily grinned at them.

They nodded. You clapped excitedly to show your gratitude, but couldn't help it when you jumped for joy, hugging each of them separately. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!" They chuckled at your silliness.

"But... how do you plan on getting us home if you couldn't yourself?" Luhan asked.

"Planes have come before," you explained. "But they never noticed me. Since we have more people, I thought it would be easier to see from up there," you pointed at the sky.

"You guys are probably tired, huh?" you noticed some of them were crouching over with fatigue, and the others had trouble keeping their heavy eyelids open.

"Come with me," you gestured for them to follow you.

***

Exo stood there, their mouths agape, staring at the structure in awe.

"This... is my house," you pointed at it. It was a two-building hut-like sort of thing. There was a wooden bridge connecting the two, totally drowned in the middle of all the forestry.

"You made this?" Kris touched one of the ladders. You giddily nodded.

This girl is really something... They all thought.

"I have two huts. One of them is for me, the other is for my animals, but I'll room with my animals while you take mine," you led them up to the one that you usually lived in. It wasn't as tricked out as the outside; it was empty, but it was slightly and nicely furnished with small wooden decorations.

"Sorry, I don't have a bed yet, so you'll have to sleep on the floor. I hope that's okay, though."

"It's fine. Thanks, ________," Kris bowed to you. 

"So I'll just let you settle in so-"

Grrrrrrr.....

Xiumin's stomach interrupted you. You raised an eyebrow at him and he chuckled innocently.

You scoffed. "Stay here," you said before taking off, leaving Exo to themselves.

Minutes later, you came back with your spear in your hand, three cooked fish jabbed in the middle. You threw all of the fish at them.

"Eat. Soon I'll take you to your first hunting lesson," you sat down next to Kris.

"Hunting lesson?" Lay asked, almost whined. You rolled your eyes as Kris shot Lay a firey glare.

"I'm not catching your food every day." With that, you took hold of your spear again and jumped out of the small tree house to claim your own food.

Afterwards, only thing that could be heard was Exo happily munching on their brunch, since it was still somewhat morning, when Tao broke the silence.

"Do you really think ________ can get us back?" he asked, shifting a bit to get into a comfortable sitting position.

"I think so," Luhan imputed. "It seems like she knows a lot that we don't, there's really no other choice."

Chen nodded. "The man's right."

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to sleep. It may only be around noon, but that whole crash has worn me out," Kris rubbed his face in his hands and scooted off to the side of the hut, drifting off to sleep.

***

Grrrrrr.....

"Xiumin, if that's your stomach again, I-" Chen stirred.

Grrrrrr......

"Xiumin, if you're hungry, go tell ________," Kris groaned.

"It's not me!" he protested.

"Oh really now? Then what was it?" Lay grumpily said, awoken from his nap.

"I don't know, but it seriously isn't me!"

Grrrrr.....

Tao arose. "Please, Xiumin gege, if your stomach is going to..." he trailed, paralyzed in fear.

Kris sat up next to the maknae. "Tao, what is it?" 

Tao merely pointed at the open roof. In the deep trees that acted as a roof stood a vicious, sturdy tiger, watching the six like it was stalking its prey. It jumped onto the creaky boards of the floor, slowly crouching up to them, making them all fully awake by then.

"Don't make any sudden movements..." Kris whispered, right as Tao and Luhan went screaming out of the house, triggering the tiger to run after them.

"Tao! Luhan!" Xiumin cried and ran after them.

***

You were by your small fire, cooking your meal and collecting more firewood.

I wonder how the boys are settling in... you thought and slightly chuckled to yourself. They're probably older than me, I should stop calling them boys. Though they surely act like them...

You were about to go check up on them when you heard a shrill, ear-piercing scream that sent goose bumps all around your body. You heard leaves crunching here and there, and a loud, ferocious growl. Your eyes widened.

Oh, no...

You dropped everything you were holding and ran after the screams and shrieks when you finally saw Xiumin, Tao, and Luhan curled up into balls up against a tree while the tiger they thought was so dangerous was stalking closer. Right when he was about to pounce, you tugged its tail.

"Sabin!" you harshly snapped. "Down."


This is one of those chapters where everything's all settled and the events can really take place! and i wasn't sure if this would be a good romance story or not, so i'm letting you guys choose! Poll time!!! So please comment, subscribe and tell your friends~! And as for the poll, if you choose other, please PM your idea to me because if i use it, i don't want it in the comments where other people might see and it would be a spoiler :) Vote!!!!

-dino-nerd525