to keep it...

My first love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Eh?” you questioned again, unsure of what Hyun Mi meant. “Please…I think he’ll want you to be there when he opens his eyes.” She spoke sincerely to you as she smiled and tears overwhelmed her eyes. “Good bye.” She spoke calmly as she walked past you. You stood in the middle of the pavement in a daze. *I was the one at fault but she’s forgiving me?* you wondered. *Because of me, both Zelo and Hyun Mi suffered. I thought I was only natural that I’d be punished…* you looked over to Zelo’s window at the hospital. *But if I can still be with him despite all that, I want to go to where he is right now.* you nodded. You took a deep breath in while tears streamed down your rosy cheeks. *Will you forgive my selfishness?* “Zelo…” you spoke softly as you looked up. *Can I be by your side?*

The next day was a Saturday and you came to visit Zelo at the hospital. You knocked on the door twice then opened it. “Zelo…good morning.” You smiled. You quietly walked over to his side and gently leaned on the bed. You leaned closer to his mouth. “Yeah.” You smiled calmly. You acted as if he spoke to you. You sat on the side of him while you rested on your arm. “Hey, when I do this, doesn’t it remind you of that time?” you asked him as you gently touched his hand. Memories of the time you and Zelo skipped schools ran through your mind. “The day when we both skipped school…you gripped my hand tightly in yours, remember?” you asked him. You pushed your fringe behind your ear. “I was really happy…what did you think of back then?” you went on. You got his hand and held it up to your cheek. *I want to hear his voice.* “I’m lonely…”

You lay your head on the bed holding Zelo’s hand the whole time. You stayed there for ages that you had fallen asleep. A rattling sound came and the door opened. In came Zelo’s father smiling at you. He brought a blanket and gently covered you with it. *If I can mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter