The Lies Stop Here

Can You Keep A Secret?

You're such a bad unnie.

You don't deserve to be in Korea's top girl group.

You are a disgrace.

How are you supposed to help spread the Hallyu wave?

Fat. You're so fat.

The sound of your thighs rubbing together makes me sick!

Maybe if you were skinnier, Sooyoung wouldn't hate you.

Yuri let out a scream, her eyes popping open.

Her body was slicked with sweat, and the hair? A mess. She immediately bit down on her lip, knowing she was screwed now.

But to her surprise, no one came bursting in her room. It was completey quiet. All she could hear was her heavy breathing.

Yuri knew something wasn't right, today.

She threw aside her covers and shakily walked too the bathroom.

Every single night, she had that same dream, all of the Girls' Generation fans yelling at her, even the other members usually said something in this recurring nightmare.

Trying not to focus on the odd silence in their dorm and how her hands were shaking, she got in the shower and changed into a t-shirt and shorts; they were only having dance rehearsal today.

Then, Yuri brushed her hair, slower than she'd ever done it before. In the back of her mind she knew something wasn't right down there.

Had someone told everyone her secret. . .?

No.

They wouldn't do that. All of the girls who knew promised.

But--Sooyoung.

She had found out yesterday.

And Sooyoung hadn't promised anything.

She was furious with Yuri and the rest of them for not telling her.

Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung.

Sooyoung told her secret. . .she told--

Yuri dropped her brush too the floor, a loud bang filling up the room. It was like she was another person, another Yuri. She couldn't control herself, barely think, as she screamed.

Several long, loud screams.

But no one came. No one came. There was to much silence, and one of Yuri's biggest fears was being alone with her ed up self.

Tears were welling up in her eyes now.

She wiped them away roughly.

Now, she couldn't be weak.

So she picked herself up off the floor and walked down the stairs.

All of the Soshi members turned to look at her before she could even say anything, and Yoona was sobbing.

"I know," Jessica shouted. "I know!"

"It's not true! I'm fine!" After Yuri said this, all of the other girls looked at her in disbelief. Sunny's jaw dropped.

She knew it was hopeless. But she couldn't let them think she was some anorexic nutjob -- Yuri had to defend herself somehow. Because, because--she was part of Asia's national girl group. One of the most popular members. The y Black Pearl and. . .she wasn't supposed to weak. Or broken.

Tiffany gave Yuri the angriest look she had ever seen.

"Stop lying!" Sooyoung managed to choke out before she was crying her eyes out, just like Yoona.