It's Not Going To Be Okay

Can You Keep A Secret?

The day at the hospital was long and by the end of it, Sunny and Tiffany felt like they had ran a marathon--twice.

All of the girls were speculating on what was wrong with Yuri, but little did they know it was because she had overdosed on laxatives and she thought she was ugly and too fat. Fat. That was the thing; the thing that made the two girls' head hurt. Trying to wrap their minds around why Yuri would feel this way. Another thought that was killing them? What Yuri had said before she passed out; keep my secret. Every time they felt like telling what was wrong with her, that popped into their head.

All of the girls were too worried about Yuri too notice how Sunny and Tiffany were glued to each other hips, which they were grateful for. . .kind of. What a strange day it was, indeed.

"We should go too the cafeteria and eat something. The doctor told us Yuri's okay and pacing around isn't gonna do us any good," Jessica reasoned. Sooyoung bit her lip, nodding.

"Sunny, Tiffany, you guys coming?" Taeyeon asked.

"Um. . .you guys know I wanna meet a doctor," Sunny joked, hoping her smirk didn't look as fake as it felt.

"And I should stay behind to make sure she doesn't ually assualt any of 'em." As Tiffany added on to the joke she could see the other Soshi members beginning to laugh.

"Aish, okay! We'll bring you back something." 

All of the girls waved, a few asked if they were sure they didn't want to come, and Seohyun made them promise to come get them if anything happened to Yuri.

Once they left, Sunny let out a huge sigh of relief but Tiffany still looked extremely nervous.

As if on cue, the doctor came out of Yuri's room and called their names. They both jumped up, looking at each other. "Why is he calling our names?" Sunny whisper-shouted, clutching on to her arm.

"I don't know!" Tiffany exclaimed.

"Yuri wants to see you," the doctor continued. He walked into what was most likely his office. Yuri's hospital room was wide open. The two of them slowly walked into her room afraid of what they would see.

None of them had been allowed to see her, all they knew was that she was alive and well.

Yuri didn't have any blankets on her, and she was sweating like crazy. For both girls it was the first time they had saw gorgeous Kwon Yuri so. . .out of sorts.

"W-when I came here, I was dehydrated which is why I passed out. A couple of hours before the. . .you know, o-o-overdose happened, I already had a fever. It's just gotten higher over the past few hours I've been in the hospital. The doctor said when. . ." Yuri swallowed, and she started playing with her fingers. Tiffany and Sunny nodded, trying to encourage her to continue. "He said when you take too many laxatives, it causes dehydration, fever, light-headedness. . .and it's really, really dangerous because your body could start depending on them to have bowel movements."

"So, you're going to stop taking them. Please say yes." Sunny raised a eyebrow, as Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"Sunny, you've got to be more gentle and understanding. . ."

"Will you guys help me?"

"Of course!" They said at the same time.

"But. . .still, I don't want anyone to know about this. Just say I'm exhausted from our busy schedule. It's not too much of a stretch, anyway," Yuri laughed. It was a strange kind of laugh--one of those bitter ones that left a bad taste in your mouth.

"Yuri, you're perfect. You could never be fat. If anyone thinks that way, then they're an idiot!" Tiffany said gently. Sunny nodded, still clutching on to Tiffany's arm.

"Guess I'm an idiot."

. . . .

"I'm so happy Yuri is coming home!" Seohyun exclaimed. She had been jumping up and down for the last forty minutes since the manager had called to say he was picking her up. The rest of the group were just laughing. It wasn't often Seohyun acted like the maknae she was.

"We're all happy," Tiffany whispered. She looked at Sunny, who was in the kitchen making a cake with Taeyeon. Would Yuri really stop with the pills? Should Sunny and her have told everyone else what was going on?

Yuri had only been in the hospital two nights and one day, but it felt like an eternity. They would have let her out yesterday, the nurse had told them, but her fever was too high. The manager had canceled all of next week's events; the media was reacting badly to yet another Girls' Generation member being hospitalized for "exhaustion".

Ha. Little did they know.

The girls still had to film their CFs, dramas, OSTs, whatever indiviual thing they had to do yesterday and today. But she was thankful for next week. Yuri was supposed to record a song for the OST of her drama so Jessica had been forced to record it for her to avoid backlash.

You'd think someone who was in the hospital would get some sympathy.

The entertainment business just did not work that way.

Tiffany was jolted out of her depressing thoughts when Yuri and their manager walked through the door. All of the girls started screaming and a big circle formed around Yuri. She looked tired, and miserable. But yet it seemed like none of the girls saw it. Was Tiffany seeing things? She couldn't be.

Yuri looked like she could pass out any minute. She could also see Yuri's fingernails were barely there anymore. Yuri had bitten them down as far as they could go. And she hadn't bit her nails since Into The New World days.

"Maybe Yuri should get some rest?" Tiffany shouted. Everyone turned too look at her and she could see Yuri's shoulders slump in relief.

"Yah, Tiffany is right!" Their manager snapped, leading Yuri too her room. "You can catch up tomorrow, you'll have plenty of time off."

"Let's get back to work on the cake," Sunny suggested. At first her and Taeyeon had been the only ones making the cake for Yuri, but now all of them wanted in.

The kitchen was soon fulled with girls, giggles, and just plain happiness. Tiffany sneaked off to Yuri's room, hoping no one would notice.

"They're making you a cake," she said into the darkness. Tiffany knew Yuri was awake. "I--and everyone else--expect you to eat it."

She heard a whimper.

. . . .

After the cake eating, and all of the girls bombarding Yuri with questions, she retreated back to her room. Tiffany followed her.

"I want to make sure you don't do anything," Tiffany said simply, sitting down next to Yuri on her bed.

"It's so hard. . .and I'm so fat. . ." Finally, Yuri couldn't hold it in anymore. She broke out into tears and fell into Tiffany's open arms.

But Tiffany didn't say anything -- no "it's gonna be okay" or "everything will turn out right in the end" -- because she couldn't be sure. And she wasn't going to give out false hope. That was the last thing Yuri needed.