Old Habits Die Hard

Can You Keep A Secret?

Tiffany barely held back an angry scream.

A scream would mean she was giving up. That all of the recent drama in the group had driven her off the edge and she couldn't take it anymore; she couldn't give up. They had to fix this mess, or else there would be no Girls' Generation anymore.

"Would you guys just listen to me?" She said, her voice as calm as possible. "Yuri, Seohyun, Jessica, if you would listen to what Yoona has to say you would understand why she told manager about Yuri's problem. Everyone who's mad at Yuri for punching Yoona, get over it! The girl is messed up, okay? She can't help it and you know it. There's going to be mistakes as she tries to recover. Everyone else who's neutral like me and just wants us to be nine sisters again. . .you're awesome. Thank you."

Tiffany let out a breath, she'd been holding. Like she'd planned, all of the girls' were looking a lot less angry now that she made that speech. Tiffany turned around to face Yoona, holding a hand out.

She hepled Yoona out of her chair, and then turned to face the rest of the group. "Yoona will talk now. No fighting! I mean that."

Yoona smoothed her hands on her pleated skirt, trying to get her hands too stop shaking.

"It's okay. You can talk," Sunny said softly. She flashed Yoona a bright smile.

Struggling with a stutter, Yoona told her side. "When I found out what was actually wrong with Yuri, it was like everything these past few years had been twisted. Yuri, you're my -- or were -- best friend. It disgusted me to think that you were struggling with all these horrible demons and I had no idea of it. So when I thought of telling manager, getting you help. . .I wanted to kind of 'make up' for how long my best friend had been hurting and I didn't know." Throughout the whole speech, Yoona had kept her eyes closed, not wanting to see Yuri's reaction to what she was saying.

That's why she nearly jumped out of her skin when a quiet appulause started. Her eyes popped open to see a small smirk on Yuri's face and everyone else's. Yoona plopped down in her seat. She hadn't expected that. . .not at all.

Yuri popped up from her seat, shocking everyone once again. "You were right, Yoona. Going to therapy was the best thing I've done in the last year. I'm finally starting to feel normal once again -- I'd be lying, though, if I said I still didn't relapse every now and then."

Yoona slowly smiled, and before they knew it her & Yuri were hugging each other like their lives depended on it.

The living room of their dorm erupted in cheers, everyone hugging and cheerful unlike the way they'd been since Yuri's problem was discovered.

It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough for now.

"Thank you for making us stop being idiots, Tiff," Yuri whispered in Tiffany's ear when they hugged. They had the longest hug of all. "You've been by my side throughout this, no matter what."

When they pulled away, Tiffany's smile was so big her eyes were almost shut.

Yuri's stomach lurched when her hand brushed against her jeans' pocket. The pocket which, inside, held a recipe she had ripped out of a diet magazine for a SlimFast smoothie.

"Old habits die hard," Yuri mumbled under her breath.