This Is Not A Game

Can You Keep A Secret?

"I know something's wrong with Yuri. Tell me now or I'll have too get all of the other members!"

Tiffany's jaw dropped open. Her book fell to the floor. "H-how, how do you. . ."

"Tell me! Now! This is a serious problem," Seohyun said starting to regain her compsure. She had to stop yelling because that would mean she was losing control but she is losing control because she doesn't know what's going on!

"That's it." Seohyun flicked her hair over her shoulder. "I'm going to tell the other girls that you won't tell what's up with Yuri."

"Don't! I'll tell you but tell no one else. You have to promise," Tiffany whisper-shouted, jumping up too close the door.

"I promise."

"Okay, you know how the last year or so Yuri's been. . .changing a little? She's gotten skinnier?" Tiffany paused to make sure Seohyun was nodding. "So one day I went in her room and I found laxatives there. And after thinking it over, it all made sense too me--Yuri had to be taking a lot of these pills to make herself lose weight fast.

So, so. . .I confronted her about it. She admitted to it. Yuri really, really thinks she's fatt. . .and also, that time in the hospital she had overdosed on pills. But she's not doing it anymore! Sunny found out and she helped me weave her off them. But Yuri still is very depressed and not. . .not herself. Please, keep it a secret--Yuri would die if anyone else knew about this. Me and Sunny already made her upset."

When Tiffany finished she took a moment to take a deep breath and close her eyes. Seohyun wasn't easygoing or laidback like Sunny and her; she was a little uptight and very focused on their career as Girls' Generation. Anything that could harm or cause problems for the group made her go crazy, and this could most definitley make problems. Seohyun would be going out of character to not tell anyone.

Biting her lip, Seohyun slowly walked over too Tiffany.

What she did next shocked Tiffany.

Seohyun grabbed her arm, threw it around herself, and embraced Tiffany tightly. She buryed her head in the older girl's neck.

"I'm scared. I'm not used to being--to being--out of control." Seohyun sniffed, then and tightened her hold on Tiffany's waist.

. . . .

Yuri groaned, trying to get comfortable in her bed. Seohyun had said she was "dangerously intoxicated" and locked her in this room! It was stupid. Ridiclous! She wasn't tired at all; in fact, if she could stay at the club for another three years she wouldn't even think about. Now, as she often did while drunk, Yuri was sweating like crazy.

She knew the next morning would be hell. That was part of the reason she cared so much about sleeping this night.

Seohyun would most likely tell everyone and their mothers'. It would take a miracle for her not too. . .maybe one by the name of Tiffany & Sunny. Yuri shot up in bed. They could help her! They could convince Seohyun to keep her secret going.

But, oh no. Seo had locked her in the room. So she had to stay here sweaty, still kind of tipsy, uncomfortable, and stressed. And fat.

Her bottom lip started trembling and before she knew it she was sobbing. Sobs so hard they made her heart ache. Where had everything gone so wrong?

And little did she know, things would only get worse from this night.

. . . .

Sooyoung was confused.

She was about too go into Yuri's room, ask her how much fun she had at the new dance club but her door was locked. Why would it be locked? And now she could hear Yuri crying. . .something was wrong.

Rarely, if ever, did the girls not know when one of them was having a problem.

But there had to be something not right.

Yuri was her friend, one of her closest friends in the group if you want details.

She needed to find out what was wrong.

So Sooyoung went to Tiffany's room, who had been glued too Yuri's hip recently. She had to know.

Sooyoung stopped short when she heard what could only be Seohyun. The maknae sounded desperate and she could hear Tiffany trying to shush her.

"Yuri's just. . .she's not the same. I need to fix her! I want everything to be like it was before," Seohyun said in a pleading tone.

"Me too, Seo. It's not that simple. You can't just fix a human. Yuri's changing, and the best thing you can do is support her."

"You're right. I'm gonna go talk to her!"

Sooyoung's eyes widened and she threw herself behind a suitcase, hiding as the door was flung open.

"Remember, you need to keep this thing with Yuri a secret. We can't have the other members finding out," Tiffany told her. She was still whispering.

Seohyun patted her hand. "I know. Thanks for the advice."

Tiffany closed the door and Seohyun started walking to Yuri's room--which was also Sooyoung's room but Tiffany had basically kicked her out of it.

Sooyoung moved closer to the room too watch; Seohyun had left the door open.

Yuri hopped up from the bed like it was on fire.

"Seo! Did you tell? Please say you didn't tell! I've almost beat the problem, I swear! Just give me a few months, like a second chance!" Yuri was on her knees, holding on to Seohyun's left leg.

"Yuri, after talking with Tiffany I've decided not to tell the other members. But this is a serious problem. It's my duty too take you to a pyschologist and get you some help, okay?" Seohyun whispered. She gently lifted Yuri up to her full height.

"Oh, thank--thank you so much. Really. I'm going through such a -- it's a really bad time. And I don't know why I'm having these urges to do such bad things, and all they do is hurt me and you and everyone else. I'm sorry. I'm a bad unnie."

"Oh!" Seohyun cried, before she was hugging Yuri tightly. Yuri was then crying into her shirt and Seohyun slammed the door shut.

What did Sooyoung just see? What's wrong with Yuri? Why were they keeping whatever's wrong a secret from her and everyone else? These thoughts all ran through her head as she shakily got to her feet and ran back downstairs.