I Remember

Can You Keep A Secret?

"You'll never be an idol!"

"You're too fat. . ."

"You should work on your singing, okay sweetie? You're just a little off. . ."

"Yuri! Yuri!"

Yuri! Yuri, wake up! Right now!" Seohyun was trying her hardest not to scream; she was obviously furious, but she knew if she was to aggressive Yuri would get defensive.

Yuri slowly rose from her bed. She hid her shaking hands under the covers. That dream. . .it had brought back so many memories. . .and her anixety didn't get any better when she saw the look on Seohyun's face. Had she left the diet smoothie recipe out somewhere? She had too have done that. Seohyun wouldn't look that way otherwise.

"Let me explain," Yuri started, a raspy tone to her voice. She had downed the diet smoothie like her life depended on it, and it did not taste very good. . and she was still half-asleep. Her eyes traveled downwards too Seohyun's hands; in them, she was clutching onto what had to be the recipe.

"," Yuri said under her breath. "I'm definitely not going to win Unnie of the Year, huh?"

Seohyun raised an eyebrow, clucking her tongue. "Yuri. . .tell me. . .help me help you. . ." The younger girl raised a hand to her forehead. There were many bags under her eyes Yuri never noticed until now.

It was all Yuri's fault. She felt like someone had punched her in the stomach -- there was nothing that bothered her more than feeling like she had disappointed someone. Seohyun used to be as innocent as a girl in her early 20s could be. And she. . .she had ruined that.

"I'm sorry. I am tired of making excuses. Especially to you. I'm supposed to protect you, Seo, and all I've done is made you worry. I'm just so sorry -- I don't know what's wrong with me." Yuri swallowed, the silence in the room deafening. Seohyun seemed to question herself for a minute before she sat down on the bed next to her, throwing her arms around Yuri.

"You haven't disappointed me. You are only human. . .you're going through a hard time, and this battle will only make you a better, stronger person. I -- and everyone else -- love you no matter what. It's the Power of 9, remember?" Seohyun giggled, burying her face in Yuri's shoulder. Then they started giggling together. Their fingers were interlocked.

"Talk to me please. Let me help you, I love you."

Yuri looked into Seohyun's eyes, making a quick decision - "During my first year in SM, there was this other girl. I don't think she ever even became anything other than a trainee, either. . .funny isn't it?" She laughed bitterly. "Well she told me I was chubby. That's when this started."

Seohyun took a deep breath. "That was so long ago. Ever since that, you've felt this way?"

"I didn't do anything about it, until last year. Everything in me was bubbling up, scraping at the surface trying to escape. We're idols. I couldn't confront the anxiety in me because I always had to be smiling. And that one day, when we visited America, and Tiffany brought up the laxatives. . .it all clicked for me. The diet recipe you found? Yesterday I was at my breaking point. . .I wanted my pills; starving myself wasn't working out and I was never one for throwing up. So I tried that. But it tasted nasty, I'm not revisiting that."

Seohyun blinked at Yuri, not sure what to think about what was just said.

"Help me. I have a problem, and I need help."

They hugged, then.