~Six~

The Brother I Never Had

Cheol Yong was standing in the middle of an alley. He had been patiently waiting for someone to pass by, a poor homeless man who wouldn’t even have the chance to understand what was happening to him. That was the only way the young boy could think of to prove his hyung that he deserved to be in the elite, to prove that he deserved to do this mission with his brother.

 

I’ll make you proud of me, hyung. Just wait for me to come back, I won’t be long.

 

Just when he was thinking that, a man turned the corner of the alley. He was really dirty and his clothes were almost all ripped, which made it obvious that he had nowhere to live, yet he had a cute innocent face.  He was exactly what Cheol Yong was waiting for. No one would notice this guy’s disappearance and his cute face would prove his brother that Cheol Yong didn’t care whether his victims were innocent or not.

 

Perfect!

 

The boy hid behind a trash can and waited for the homeless man to pass by. When he did, Cheol Yong silently crept behind him and pulled him back by his hair. Before the man could even say something, Cheol Yong hit his head strongly with his gun, leaving the poor guy unconscious.

 

I’m sorry, it’s not against you. You were just at the wrong place at the wrong time…

 

So, Cheol Yong took the homeless man in a field he used to go with his brother when they were both young.

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Chang Sun was walking in circles in the hotel room. It has been three days since he had yelled at Cheol Yong. Three days he hadn’t seen the boy. He had to admit he was getting worried. Very worried. The older man was even imagining the worse now.

 

Maybe he just left me. Maybe he decided he didn’t want to be part of the clan anymore and my dad didn’t let him go so he killed him. Maybe he has been attacked by one of our enemies and now he is being torture. Aishh…

 

Chang Sun was still making circles when the door opened.

 

‘’MIR!’’

 

The older man almost jumped in his brother’s arms but back off at the last minute.

 

‘’Where have you been? I thought you were dead or something…’’

 

‘’Yah… were you worried?’’

 

Cheol Yong smiled in a suggestive way which made his hyung stuttered his response.

 

‘’W-what? No, w-what are you imagining? I-I just wanted to make sure I still had my partner, t-that’s all.’’

 

‘’Yeah right! Anyway, I was preparing… a surprise for you!’’

 

Chang Sun wasn’t sure he should be happy about that. His little brother wasn’t really the kind of person to do surprises…At least, not anymore, so he hesitated.

 

‘’A surprise? What kind of surprise?’’

 

‘’You’ll see!’’

 

Before Chang Sun could protest, Cheol Yong grabbed him and pulled him out of the room.

 

I’ll show you hyung! You’ll be proud of me after I’ll show you my skills!

 

______________________________________________________________

 

‘’That field looks familiar, Mir.’’

 

‘’Normal, we used to come here when we were young!’’

 

‘’When we were young?’’

 

However the young boy didn’t have to explain because memories came back easily to Chang Sun. He remembered that time Cheol Yong almost fell of the tree and also the time they played hide and seek and it took him hours to find his brother because he was just too well hidden. He remembered all the times they had fallen asleep in each other’s arms and that one time when he…

 

‘’Hyung, we’re almost there!’’

 

‘’Ah, chinja?’’

 

I better not think about that now… It's in the past now…

 

They continued to walk and soon, they could see a silhouette underneath a tree. But as they came closer and closer, Chang Sun noticed that the person wasn’t conscious. A bit more closer and he realized that the man was tied to the tree.

 

‘’What the hell Mir?’’

 

‘’Tadah! That’s my surprise!’’

 

‘’Who in the world is this person?’’

 

‘’I don’t know… We’ll ask him if you want.’’

 

Cheol Yong started to tap softly the man’s face but since he wouldn’t wake up, he literally slapped the poor man who finally woke up, confused as hell.

 

‘’Where am I? Who are you? What am I doing here?’’

 

‘’Shut up man. I just woke you up to ask you your name.’’

 

‘’Why would I…’’

 

Cheol Yong took out his gun, not wanting to lose time.

 

‘’What’s your name?’’

 

‘’Yah, calm down Mir.’’

 

‘’M-my name’s CheonDung…’’

 

Cheol Yong patted the man’s head before hiding his gun again.

 

‘’You see, fear is the only thing that makes people do what you want them to do!’’

 

‘’What is he doing here?’’

 

‘’Oh, right, I almost forgot. You remember you told me to practice right? Well, with him, I’m going to show you that I don’t need to practice!’’

 

‘’WHAT?’’

 

‘’I’ll set him free and then when he’s going to be far, hiding in the field, I’ll shoot him! That way, you’ll see I deserve to be in the elite!’’

 

‘’Oh my god you want to kill me! HELP, CAN SOMEONE HEAR ME?’’

 

‘’Ah shut up, no one’s going to save you!’’

 

But the homeless didn’t calm down. Cheol Yong decided to ignore him and turned back to his hyung.

 

‘’So, are you ready for the show?’’

 

The show?

 

‘’Yah! Are you completely crazy?’’

 

Chang Sun grabbed his brother’s shoulder and started to shake him. The more he was talking, the more violent his shook would get.

 

‘’What’s wrong with you Mireu? What made you turned so wrong? What happened to my brother, huh? Where’s that cute innocent kid I used to call my brother? How did you managed to become so heartless, Mireu? Tell me, HOW?’’

 

With every word, Cheol Yong felt weaker and weaker. And finally, he just exploded, bursting out into tears.

 

‘’I did that so we could be together hyung! Just to be with you again, I killed tones of people, do you hear me? JUST TO BE WITH YOU!’’

 

Chang Sun froze. He didn’t really understand the link between entering the clan and being reunited but he stopped shaking his brother.

 

‘’What? Why would you need to be in the clan to be with me?’’

 

‘’That’s what daddy said. He said that if I joined, I might be able to see you again one day.’’

 

‘’Still, why would you do that? Couldn’t you just have waited for me?’’

 

‘’Hyung… you were gone for a year when daddy told me that. And admit it: you weren’t planning on coming back, aren’t you?’’

 

Chang Sun bit his lips because he knew Cheol Yong was right. He had no intentions on coming back for him. But not for the reason the young boy thought. He just wanted to protect him, to make sure he would live happily, away from him and his freaky mind.

 

‘’Mireu, I swear I had good reasons…’’

 

‘’Oh yeah? Then tell me, hyung, because I don’t understand!’’

 

Cheol Yong was still crying. The older man was heartbroken but happy at the same time, because seeing his brother cry meant he still had a heart and maybe he had still some innocence in him. So Chang Sun tried something.

 

‘’I can’t explain it now, baby.’’

 

It worked. Calling Cheol Yong by the name he used to call him made the young boy feel like nothing had changed during those years. He felt happy that his hyung hadn’t forgotten about that so instead of protesting, like he used to do, he hugged his brother tightly.

 

Both of them being too occupied by their reunion, none of them noticed that the woman’s picture had fallen from Chang Sun’s pocket. But the homeless CheonDung did. And after looking at the photo for a few seconds, he realized he had already seen her…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chapter guys~ ^^ I hope you like it :D don't forget to comment huh? ;)

don't really have time to talk, gotta go make some muffins for my new neighhbors, sorry XD 

but thanks to everyone who commented and

and for those of you who did, thank you for worrying about me and my broken jaw :3 don't worry guys, I'm almost fully recovered now ^^

see you soon~ <3