~Twelve~

The Brother I Never Had

‘’Come on Mireu, you can do it!’’

 

Chang Sun tried to encourage his little brother (or more like his new boyfriend) to press the doorbell. But the young man was simply incapable of doing so. Not that he didn’t want to, in fact, he was really excited and nervous at the thought of meeting his real mother. The thing is, he was scared that she might have forgotten him. That she might not want to talk to him. But Cheol Yong had no choice. Squeezing his hyung’s hand, he took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell. Few seconds passed and the young boy was about to pulled Chang Sun to the car when the door opened, revealing a beautiful woman. The woman from the picture and Cheol Yong’s mother.

 

‘’Yes, may I help you?’’

Cheol Yong froze instantly. Of course she wouldn’t recognize him, she hadn’t seen him in 20 years. However, he was still hurt. He had this hope that it would happen just like in movies and that she would know right away who he was and they would live happily ever after. But he still hoped she would remember him.

 

‘’M-mom… It’s me, Cheol Yong…’’

 

The woman looked at the young man for a couple of seconds. She seemed like she had recognize him though.

 

‘’Ch-Cheol Yong? I-is that really you?’’

 

‘’N-neh…’’

 

The woman didn’t wait one more second and she hugged Cheol Yong tightly, while tears of happiness were flowing on her cheeks.

 

‘’Oh my god, my baby, you’ve come back!’’

 

The young man hugged his mother’s back and they embraced each other for a long time.

 

‘’I never lose hope that one day, I would see you again! Oh my poor baby, I’m so sorry, I should have protect you!’’

 

‘’It’s ok mom. I’m sure you did all you could do to protect me.’’

 

She pulled away from her son and took a long look at him.

 

‘’You’re such an handsome young man!’’

 

That’s when she finally noticed Chang Sun.

 

‘’And I guess this is your friend?’’

 

‘’Oh, I’m Chang Sun, nice to meet you I’m Cheol Yong’s fr…’’

 

‘’He’s my boyfriend.’’

 

Chang Sun looked at his now boyfriend and smiled widely. He hadn’t expected Cheol Yong to say that, nor did he had expect him to even consider him as a boyfriend. The older man’s attention returned to the woman, who was also smiling. He was about to shake her hand but she hugged him as well. When she let go, she told them to enter. They had a lot of things to tell each others.

 

______________________________________________

 

They talked for almost an hour. She wanted to be sure that Cheol Yong had had a great life, which he confirmed without telling her about the clan. She didn’t need t know that her son had became a killer. But now he had no choice but to ask her what had happen 20 years ago, because that was the only reason why Chang Sun’s father would want her dead.

 

‘’Mom… What exactly happened the day I was kidnapped?’’

 

Her eyes darkened and she stopped smiling. It was probably a painful memory for her and she surely didn’t want to talk about it. Yet, she answered her son’s question.

 

‘’Your grandparents were very religious people. I was only 19 years old and I wasn’t married when I learned that I was pregnant. When I told my parents, they kicked me out of their house, saying that I should be ashamed of myself. At first, I didn’t really cared, I was so happy that you were coming that I thought I could take care of everything. But of course, I had no money and nowhere to go. After a couple of months at stealing food, I realized I wouldn’t survive long enough to even give birth to you. But then, someone gave me hopes…’’


Flashback

A young woman, visibly pregnant, was sitting in the middle of the street. No one cared about her, they all wanted to go home as it was late and as the rain was starting to fall more and more. She was so skinny, you could see her bones under her skin and she was so pale, she probably had a bad cold. When she realized she wouldn’t make it through the winter, she started crying, but again, no one bothered to help her. She was just another beggar, another failure that her parents were ashamed of. The hours passed and the moon was high in the sky when a man stopped next to her.

 

‘’Do you need help?’’

 

Normally, she would never accept help from anybody, she was really independent. But she was in such a bad state that she nodded. The man helped her to stand up and guided her to the nearest hotel. He reserved a room and paid for her. He even accompanied her to the room. Once there, he called the room service and asked for the best meal they had. Though she was grateful to this man, she was suspicious.

 

‘’W-why are you helping me?’’

 

‘’Because I need something you have that I don’t. And obviously you too need something that I have.’’

 

She was starting to get scared but she let him continue.

 

‘’You see, I have a son. He is almost three years old and I think he needs a brother or a sister. It would probably make him happy, but my wife and I can’t gave him one.’’

 

She didn’t need to hear more to understand what this man wanted.

 

‘’I’ll never give you my baby!’’

 

But the man wasn’t daunted. In fact he even smirked.

 

‘’Even if I give you 10 million dollars?’’

 

The woman eyes widen. That was a lot of money, which she particularly needed right now. But not if that included to give her baby.

 

‘’Even for 10 billion dollars, I wouldn’t give him to you!’’

 

‘’Please be reasonable. You know that without that money, you and your baby won’t even survive a year, and I’m being generous by giving you a year. You and I perfectly know that you don’t have a choice. If that can reassure you, I promise he or she’ll have good life.’’

 

A single tear escape her eye. She knew the man was right and she wanted the best for her baby. Which wasn’t with her. She didn’t have to respond, her silence prove to the man that he had win.

 

‘’When are you giving birth?’’

 

‘’I-in March…’’

 

She hadn’t noticed before, but the man was holding a suitcase. And she realized he had already planned what was going to happen. He gave her the said suitcase and walked toward the door.

 

‘’I’ll be back in June to take the baby.’’

 

He opened the door and took a step out before stopping and looking back at her.

 

‘’Ha, isn’t it funny! My son’s nickname is Joon and he’ll have is sibling in June!’’

 

Proud of his pathetic joke, he left the room, leaving a devastated woman behind him.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That's the new chapter ^^ had to repost the other one because it got deleted, just like TWO of my stories... Was I pissed? YES! -.- Aishh, any way, I'll see you next week or in two weeks, I'm leaving saturday afternoon (I was suppossed to leave last week but my mom had a problem at her office so it got reported)... Don,t forget the story while I'm away and don't forget to comment ^^