~Ten~

The Brother I Never Had

‘’What are you talking about?’’

 

‘’We don’t have the same blood. We are not real brothers.’’

 

Cheol Yong was really confused.

 

‘’I don’t understand hyung.’’

 

‘’I guess I have to explain everything now…’’


Flashback

 

‘’Chang Sun-ah. We need to talk. Follow me.’’

 

‘’Can I come too, daddy?’’

 

‘’No, Mir, you have to go help your mother with the dinner.’’

 

‘’Ok!’’

 

Chang Sun watched his little brother jumping happily into the kitchen before following his father into the office where he had never been. It was forbidden to go in the office. And now, Chang Sun would know why.

 

There were weapons all over the walls. Katanas, shurikens, guns, every kind of weapon that could possible exist were there. Being only 10 years old, Chang Sun was a bit scared by all this but he didn’t show it. His father took place behind a desk and gave his son a sign to sit, which the boy did. There had been an awkward silence for a few seconds during none of them would even take time to breathe. It’s finally his father who started the conversion.

 

‘’Do you know what are those?’’

 

‘’W-weapons.’’

 

‘’Exactly. Now, do you know why I have all of this?’’

 

The little Chang Sun shook his head. His father took it as a sign to explain but the young boy didn’t want to know anything about it. However, he didn’t have a choice.

’I use these because I’m in a mafia’s clan Chang Sun-ah.’’

 

A mafia’s clan? Chang Sun remembered all the times that his mother had warned him against it. Maybe she knew all along what was going to happen.

 

‘’Chang Sun-ah. Today, you’re here because you’re going to become a member of the clan.’’

 

The young boy’s eyes widened but he didn’t say anything.

 

‘’You’ll start your training tomorrow morning. I’m sure you’ll become one of the best members of all time!’’

 

Chang Sun looked up at his dad, scared.

 

‘’But I don’t want to be in the clan.’’

 

The boy was sure that his dad would understand and would let him choose by himself. Instead, the man smirked.

 

‘’If you don’t want to, fine. But it won’t be my fault if Cheol Yong die.’’

 

Chang Sun didn’t understand. Oh, he understood that his dad would kill Cheol Yong, his brother, if he didn’t join the clan. What he didn’t understand was why his dad would do such a thing.

 

‘’Why would you kill your own son just to make the other one join your stupid clan?’’

 

The old man sighed.

 

‘’He’s not your real brother Chang Sun-ah.’’

 

‘’W-what are you talking about?’’

 

‘’I kidnapped him when he was a baby just in case you would refuse to join. I kidnapped him just to threaten you, just to be sure you would join. Or just to be sure that, if you refused, you would feel guilty for the rest of your life.’’

 

Something in Chang Sun died at that moment. The kind little boy had died, replaced by an angry boy who wished he could get rid of this stupid man who pretended to be his father. He stood up quickly and hit the desk with his fist, making a loud noise.

’How could you do such a thing? Kidnapping a baby just to threaten your son! You’re disgusting!’’

 

‘’Chang Sun, do you think I’m stupid? I knew it wouldn’t be easy to make you join. I didn’t have any other choice.’’

 

‘’Still, how could you?! He was just a little baby! You’re a monster!’’

 

‘’Chang Sun, you have to understand.’’

 

‘’No, I’ll never be part of your gang! Do you hear me? NEVER!’’

 

 End of flashback

 

‘’And you heard the rest of the conversation.’’

 

Cheol Yong didn’t say anything. He just stayed there with wide eyes. He was looking at the wall in front of him. It was as if he wasn’t really there anymore. His whole life, what he had believed in for the past 20 years, was just a lie. And his brother, who he trusted the most, knew all along about this.

 

‘’I’m sorry, I…’’

 

Chang Sun tried to hug his brother but the young man wouldn’t let him do so. Instead, he moves farther from his supposed brother and get out of the bed.

 

‘’Baby, please under…’’

 

‘’Don’t you dare call me like that ever again!’’

 

Cheol Yong was really angry. He had never felt so angry in his entire life, not even the day that Chang Sun had left him alone. He was furious against everybody for destroying his life. The normal life he would have had if he hadn’t been kidnapped to serve as a threat. A threat against the only person he had trusted and who just had betray him. He took a shirt that was lying on the floor, put it on and walked towards the door.

 

‘’Where are you going?’’

 

‘’Far away from you.’’

 

He slammed the door, leaving a destroyed Chang Sun behind him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys 8)  oh yes 2 new chapters 8) oh yes, I love to postpone the moment when they're going to find her 8) but don't kill me, it's coming soon 8) maybe this week?? Or maybe after my trip, I'll see XD

Sooooooo, I triple updated today, maybe you can leave me some comments? :3 neh?? :3

I love you guys ^^