Friday Night

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

The final bell had sounded, signaling the end of the school day along with the start of the weekend. Students filed out of their classrooms excitedly, eager to pack their things and leave.

Tossing the shredded remains of what was once his underwear into his locker, Jonghyun quickly turned his head to avoid facing his friends after the incident in gym class.

He was rewarded by a sharp smack to the back of the head.

“Ow!” He yelped and whirled around to meet a glaring Minho, along with the other three.

“You deserved it,” Key quirked an eyebrow and whacked him as well, “What the hell was that out there?!”

“Yeah, why’d you leave the game, hyung? We could have won if it wasn’t for you!” Taemin whined as Minho’s eyes narrowed angrily, his competitive side coming out because of their loss.

“Seriously, you’d think Luhan could at least shoot one basket,” Onew rolled his eyes.

Jonghyun sighed and shut his locker, at a loss of how to explain the situation.

“I’m really sorry, guys. I’ll explain later,” He shook his head and ruffled his fingers through his hair, “But for now, I’m just gonna head home and try to enjoy the weekend.”

He noticed a couple of his fangirls eyeing him down the hallway, and he shot them a flirty smile. Rather than swoon as they normally did, they turned to each other and began to whisper urgently and shoot him strange looks as they walked away.

Jonghyun sighed.

“You’re right. I got to get ready for my date tonight,” Key fixed his collar and winked, “Going out to dinner with a certain hot twin.”

------------

As soon as the bell had sounded, you had bolted out of your classroom with a huge grin on your face, looking for six individuals in particular. Your classmates looked at you bewilderedly as you dashed down the hall and to your locker.

After collecting your things, you quickly found the group in their usual spot right outside of the building and flung yourself into the arms of the nearest one of the boys.

Jongup’s ears turned red as he returned the hug, cautiously draping his arms around you. Behind your head, the remaining five boys were grinning like idiots at Jongup and dancing around in approval. Himchan stood behind you and began to hip goofily while mouthing “Get some” to Jongup, then quickly stopped when you lifted your head from his shoulder.

You beamed at him and the rest of the boys, “That prank was probably the highlight of my entire year. Thank you guys for that.” You began to laugh at the memory of Jonghyun franticly trying not to scratch himself, and the others joined in.

Jongup cleared his throat and scratched his head, his face still bright red, “Oh, it was nothing.”

“Nothing?! Are you kidding? It was great!” You giggled and high-fived Youngjae excitedly.

The seven of you laughed and chattered as you began to walk home.

--------

At seven o’clock sharp, just as the sun was beginning to sink behind the horizon, a pretty girl in a chic red dress stood outside the gate to house and checked her watch, grumbling irately.

Just as she was about to give up and return to the house, she felt a tap on her shoulder and shrieked, spinning around.

“Boo.”

Key stood there holding out a flower and smirking, and Hoowon glared at him and punched his arm.

“You’re late. I was just about to go back inside.”

“Sorry babe, it takes time to look this good,” Key dusted imaginary lint off of his shoulder, “Besides, you look too hot not to go out on a Friday night. It would be a shame to let that outfit go to waste. Did you dress up for me?”

Hoowon didn’t know whether to punch him again or blush from the compliment.

Key continued, “Besides, if you cancelled on me then I couldn’t give you this.” He held out his camera which contained the pictures of Jonghyun.

Hoowon tried to snatch the camera from him but he held it above his head teasingly, his height preventing her from reaching it. She leaned forward and got on her tip toes with her arm outstretched, trying to grab it, but stopped when she noticed her predicament.

In her desperation for the camera, she hadn’t realized her body was practically pressed Key’s, their faces only an inch apart as they locked eyes. Hoowon could feel the heat of his breath as her eyes gazed into his, for once both of them at a loss to say.

Hoowon looked away quickly and Key cleared his throat, his heart beating rapidly inside his chest. Trying to resume his cool, he gestured dramatically to his car.

“After you.”

Hoowon smirked, “Ladies first.” She gestured to the car as well.

Key quirked an eyebrow, “You realized you just called yourself the man, right?”

“Aish… this is going to be a long night.”

--------

 After the sun had set, Jonghyun had changed into his workout clothes and decided to go on his routinely run through the park to get his mind off of things.

He set off at a brisk pace and plugged his headphones into his ears, the wind rushing through his perfect hair as he enjoyed the cool night air.

“Noona neomu yeppeo~” He sang quietly along to his iPod as he slowed down to a jog, his muscles glistening with sweat as he treaded down the pathway surrounding the park. Up ahead, he was surprised to see a couple out at this time walking along the path as well.

Their hands swung in between them, their fingers entwined as they slowly meandered along and talked. The boy had light pink hair and towered over his girlfriend, who barely came up to his shoulder. He had a deep voice; Jonghyun could hear the deep rumble of his words from all the way where he stood. Both the figures looked very familiar.

*Hey, isn’t that one of the guys from our basketball game today? It has to be; who else in their right mind would have pink hair? I didn’t know he had a girlfriend…*

Overcome with curiosity, Jonghyun began to jog faster to catch up to the couple. As he passed by them, he nonchalantly twisted his head to see the petite girl beside him. His face froze in recognition.

*.*

 

 

 

***********

Can anyone guess who your next 'date' is with? ;)

I AM SUCH A HORRIBLE AUTHOR. I DON'T DESERVE SUCH AMAZING READERS.

I'm sorry if this chapter isn't my best, I'm a bit rusty!

Almost three whole weeks. THREE WHOLE WEEKS without updating. I'M SO SORRY. I've had so much homework, school !

Thank you all for being so supportive though!

I LOVE YOU ALL.

 

 

@momo343: Aww thank you so much! Glad you like my story, it means a lot! :)

@kcmusicfan: Yes, BAP for the winnn! Btw hope you enjoyed the Himchan ing gif, I remember he was one of your biases ;D

@--Angelmato--: Lol! I felt the same way about that haha :) And as for your question, I hope this chapter answers it! I'm going to have 'you' "date" all of them (...or as many as I can?) :)

@Alysha5: Aww, thank you! I'm so so glad you like it! Aha, I love revenge stuff toooo ;P

@DAUSERNAME: Aww, that really means a lot! Thank you! <3