Distractions and Discoveries

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

You and Jonghyun strolled down the hallway together, your arms linked and your steps in sync as you were actively engaged in conversation with him, sharing your recent funny experiences and making sure he’d been keeping well lately.

Quickly growing bored with your chatter, Jonghyun began to zone out and let his eyes wander. He found his gaze trailing down the long legs of the scantily clad girl in front of him, accentuated by her high, high heels. She was clearly breaking uniform regulations, but he wasn’t complaining.

Noticing his lack of response, you turned to him to see that he was no longer listening to a word from your mouth. You stopped in your tracks and frowned.

“Yah, Oppa. Were you even listening to me?” You tilted your head at him.

“Of course I was, Yeobo,” He cooed, patting your head and turning to resume walking.

“Then what did I just say?”

Jonghyun froze. *Oh, .* He turned and gave a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his head charmingly.

You sighed, “Jjong, what’s going on? Your attention always seems to be elsewhere these days…”

Jonghyun racked his mind trying to come up with an excuse, but before he could get a word out you began to approach him. His eyes widened as he saw your hand reach toward his face, and he squeezed his eyes shut, anticipating a blow.

Instead he felt a cool touch to his forehead, and his eyes sprung open to see the back of your hand pressed against it.

“Are you feeling sick? Maybe you should go home and rest, so you’ll be able to concentrate once you feel better,” You said gently, your eyebrows pulled together in concern.

Jonghyun smiled softly at your consideration as he pulled your hand from his forehead and interlaced it through his fingers.

“I’m fine, _____. You’re right; I have been feeling a bit under the weather. When I get home I’ll go rest, promise. Thank you for caring.”

You smiled up at him and nodded before noticing your friends Hyerim and Hoowon waiting by your locker. Giving him a quick peck on the cheek, you hurried off to gather your books for math.

Hyerim and Hoowon had watched the scene before them unfold, Hoowon raising an eyebrow in disapproval and Hyerim quietly shaking her head. Both had noticed the real reason Jonghyun had been so distracted, and grew even more upset at how easily he was let off the hook for it.

You trotted up to your locker and cheerfully greeted your two best girlfriends with hugs before prying your locker open to get your supplies. After gathering your books, the three of you proceeded to class.

You watched fondly as your friends relayed their mornings to you, the usual chaos and arguments that usually ensue between the two of them. These girls were completely opposite in every way imaginable.

Hyerim was a feminine, dainty girl who was soft-spoken and quite introverted. She could often be found in the library with her nose in a romance novel. Hoowon, on the other hand, was a loud, brash girl whose motto was “act first, think later”. Never hesitant to speak her mind, her overconfidence gets her into a fair deal of trouble.

*These two are the strangest pair of twins I have ever met.* You shook your head, amused as they began to bicker once more as you all headed to the math classroom.

-------

Jonghyun returned to his group of friends, who had also been watching the scene before them with interest.

“It’s a good thing _____ doesn’t know the real reason you’re so distracted lately,” Onew told him, shaking his head.

In reality, many of his friends did not like what Jonghyun was doing with you, but really; what could they do about it?

“What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her,” Jonghyun replied nonchalantly, shifting his backpack onto one shoulder with a flip of his perfect hair.

He and his four friends seemed to belong on a fashion runway rather than a high school as they casually sauntered down the halls. Girls stopped and admired them as they passed by. Key noticed the stares and responded with a wink in their general direction, causing them to swoon as he snickered.

Key-afterdonuts.gif

“You’re just lucky that _____ noona is so kind,” Taemin piped up as he shuffled to catch up with his hyungs, “Did you see how concerned she was when she thought you were sick? You really cut it close with that one, hyung.”

“Yeah, what do you think would happen if she finds out what you did this weekend, when you were ‘visiting your family,’” Key smirked as he examined his black nail polish, “What was that girl’s name again? Sang-mi?”

“Who cares?” Jonghyun laughed, “But she was one heck of a kisser.”

Minho just walked silently and listened, not approving of Jonghyun’s actions for one second. He felt you didn’t deserve this.

“Say,” Taemin began eagerly, “Have you guys heard of the new exchange student from Canada? None of the guys can stop talking about her.”

“Yeah, I’ve heard she’s hot,” Key agreed with his ‘son.’

“Really?” Jonghyun’s interest was sparked, “Tell me more.”

“…But what about _____?” Onew asked apprehensively.

“Like I said… What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.”

The boys’ laughter and conversation faded into the distance as they continued down the hall to their next class.

Jongup closed his locker door with a heavy heart, his face contorting into a pained expression as Zelo’s eyes widened at what the two had just heard. Jongup leaned his head against the cool metal for a moment and contemplated what to do.

*I knew it. I knew from the beginning. _____’s too innocent to see that he’s been playing her all along. This isn’t right- I have to stop this.

The only question is… how?*

 

 

******************************************************************

Ohh snap. Drama? I did promise things would get more interesting...

What do you guys think so far? Don't be shy to let me know! :)

@JongKeyIsyyy: Thank you so much! <3

@SuperSHINeeKpopLover: LOL, I agree completely, Jjong's such a flirt! And thank you, I'm so glad you like my story! <3