Admiration

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

Less than 10 minutes later, you and Jongup entered through the gates of the schoolground.

You saw Jonghyun in the distance and grew excited, muttering a quick goodbye before skipping off to meet your boyfriend, not waiting for a reply.

Walking towards him, you finally noticed the company he was with. A group of girls in the grade above you were surrounding him, giggling at every word he spoke. Rather than get jealous, you smiled at the scene. *I’m glad my man has so many friends!*

Jongup gave a small smile at your quickly retreating figure before stuffing his hands in his pockets and going to meet with his group of friends who were lounging in the courtyard.

From afar, they came across as tough and badass, which intimidated many from getting close enough to see what complete dorks they were in reality. Though the group was intimidating, many of the students admired their rebel exterior and they unintentionally grew to be very popular. In fact, many of the girls often referred to them as B.A.P. - Best, Absolute, Perfect.

At the moment, they group seemed to be having a rather serious and intense discussion, but Jongup new better. He quickened his pace to rejoin with the five other guys.

“I’m telling you, man,” Himchan began, ruffling his hand through his cropped black hair, “Aesook is definitely checking me out. It’s obvious.”

“Hyung, you’re blind,” Youngjae snorted as he watched Zelo and Daehyun play hacky-sack, “She’s looking at me. Ladies’ love the brains.”

“Yah! I have brains too!” Himchan pretended to be offended.

“Could’ve fooled me,” Daehyun muttered from the sidelines, making the other boys burst into laughter as Himchan pouted.

After the laughter subsided, Yongguk tilted his head at Jongup.

“Why are you more late than usual, Cheetos?”

“Ooh! I know!” Zelo’s hand shot in the air instantly, “He was with _____ noona~”

The boys all began to hoot and make cheesy faces at Jongup, who was blushing profusely.

“Hyungs, you know it’s not like that,” Jongup mumbled as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

Yongguk slung an arm around his shoulders, “Ah, right, _____’s already taken. What’s his name again? Dongwoon?”

“It’s… Jonghyun.”

“Doesn’t matter what his name is,” Himchan pouted, “He’s been hogging all the cute girls for himself. He already has a girlfriend, he’s off the market! Let someone else play the field!” He whined.

The shrill sound of the bell resonated from the building, and the students began to head inside.

--------

As the gaggle of girls around him dispersed, Jonghyun finally caught sight of you.

“_____!” He waved you over and took your hand as you both entered the building.

“Morning, Oppa,” you beamed and squeezed his hand, feeling your heart bubble up with elation at seeing him. You saw him eye the pink paper bag in your other hand, and though you were starving, you handed him one of the three muffins.

“Thanks, yeobo,” Jonghyun smirked and took a bite of the muffin.

You admired the kingka walking with you and your heart sighed in contentment. Your thoughts drifted back to two years ago, when your relationship had begun…

--------

Nose buried in your books, you were avidly reading the newest sci-fi novel over the top of your large glasses when someone shoved a box of chocolates under your nose. Puzzled, you looked up to meet the eyes of a boy just as awkward as you were.

“Be my girlfriend?” Jonghyun blurted, blush creeping up on his cheeks. Your shocked expression forming into a smile, you shyly nodded yes.

After that, things couldn’t get more perfect for you.

For two years, you two had remained a steady couple, going to the movies, amusement parks, and the beach. It was almost movie-like in its perfection.

Over time, Jonghyun began to grow out of his awkwardness. His lanky arms grew muscular, he wore nicer clothes, he began to grow taller (though not by much), and he suddenly found himself growing in popularity.

You, on the other hand, had hardly transformed at all. Besides the switch from glasses to contacts, you remained the same cheerful, bright person you always were.

In fact, you were somewhat oblivious to the changes happening around you. In your eyes, Jonghyun was still the sweet, awkward boy that had handed you a box of chocolates. He’d gotten much hotter, though.

You were even too love struck to notice how he had slowly been distancing himself from you, inch by inch.

------

You looked up adoringly at him, smiling as your history played through your head in beautiful reminiscence.

*I’m so lucky to have him…*

 

***********

Ack. Sorry about that, I’m not used to writing such romantic things lol. Promise things will get more interesting soon!

Please comment and subscribe! Lots of love!

 

@OnewJjongKey: Thank you so much! <3