Five Simple Words

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

The next morning, you shifted your backpack over your shoulder and shuffled around nervously.

Friday. All you had to do was brave through one day until the weekend. Earlier you had texted Jongup a short but blunt message.

Don’t walk me to school today. Need some time alone. Come over after class?”

You set off to school, mentally preparing yourself as Sora’s words from yesterday rang in your head.

--------

Sora looked at you, Hyerim, and Hoowon seriously.

“Now, we don’t have enough time to plan anything drastic yet, we’ll have to wait until the weekend.”

Hyerim looked at her anxiously, “But what about school tomorrow? What do we do?”

“We’ll start with a simple and easy first step,” She grasped your shoulders, “Tomorrow, show your strength. Make him feel like you can easily do without him.”

You widened your eyes, “How do I do that?”

“Ignore him. Act like your normal, happy self; like nothing happened and you’re completely unaffected. Trust me. If he talks to you, don’t waver. Stay strong; don’t let him have the satisfaction of seeing you broken.”

You nodded determinedly. Hoowon cleared .

“And what do we do?” She asked Sora bluntly.

“You two, be by ____’s sides at all times. The first day’s always the hardest. If you see her having trouble keeping her cool, get her out of there. Don’t let that bastard see her weak!”

----------

Bravely lifting your head, you headed off to school feeling like a soldier being sent into battle.

Hyerim and Hoowon were waiting for you by the gates of the school, and immediately ran to walk on either side of you. They gave you nods of encouragement, and you plastered a brave smile on your face as you entered the school.

Upon your confident entrance into the school, whispers began to ensue throughout the student body. Rumors about yesterday had spread like wildfire.

“Omo, I heard Jonghyun broke up with her!”

“Yeah, I heard he was caught with that new transfer student… Poor _____!”

Hoowon squeezed your arm reassuringly and your smile didn’t falter. Putting on a cheerful façade, you laughed brightly at something your friends said and waved to people in the halls. Students began to doubt the validity of the rumors.

“I don’t know how she can be so casual about it, I’d be heartbroken.”

“Are you sure it’s the truth? _____ seems pretty normal to me.”

From his locker, Taemin watched you enter the school. He nudged his friends, “Jonghyun hyung, _____’s here.”

Jonghyun prepared himself to lie through his teeth, though he didn’t worry too much because he knew you’d forgive him in a heartbeat. He tilted his head as he saw you walking to class brightly without acknowledging him, talking animatedly to Hyerim about something.

*Huh, I was expecting her to be a heartbroken wreck; she’s acting as if nothing happened. Maybe she didn’t see me after all…* He quickly strode over to you.

“_____!”

Upon seeing him, your friends stiffened and the smile slipped from your face.

“Oh. It’s you.” You looked away nonchalantly.

Upon hearing those words, Jonghyun knew his first suspicion was right; you had seen him with Jessica. But where was the tears? The heartbroken look in your eyes?

“Listen, _____ I can explain about yesterday-” He began with feigned anxiety, but you cut him off.

“I only have five words for you,” You said with a poker face.

Jonghyun inwardly smirked, not guessing he would win you over so quickly. He expected you to say something like ‘Don’t worry, I forgive you’ or something along those lines.

His eyes widened as you lifted your middle finger up high and held it close to his face.

Sit on it and spin,” you hissed, and walked away.

----------

After a moment of stunned silence, the school was sent into a flurry of whispers once again as the rumors from earlier had now been confirmed.

Watching the scene from afar, B.A.P was sent into hysterics at what had just happened. That was the last thing they had expected from their innocent _____, and they admired your courage; as did the rest of the student body.

You leaned your back against the cool door and slid to the ground of the girl’s bathroom where you had made your quick escape into.

Hyerim and Hoowon hi-fived each other at your fiestiness as you tried to slow your rapidly beating heart.

*Being tough is harder than I thought.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************************************

....Ehehe. I couldn't resist. Guess ______ got carried away in the moment? Sorry if that offended anyone!

What do you guys think so far? Don't be shy to comment and subscribe! <3

@iapple: Lol yesss! *Cue dramatic music*

@kcmusicfan: Haha I know, he better watch out :)

@Seul_Gi: You know it! It just keeps getting juicier! ;D