Operation I.D.I.O.T.

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

After far too long, the school day had ended, and you had grown immensely in popularity. Whether you noticed it or not (which you didn’t) you had become the talk of the school.

After the last bell had rang, you rushed back to your house, followed by Hyerim and Hoowon. Jongup had replied to your earlier text saying that he would meet you there.

Later, as the three of you were baking cookies for Leeteuk’s friends who he was meeting up with, the doorbell rang. Hoowon and Hyerim left the kitchen to go answer it, Hoowon leading the way as Hyerim trudged behind blindly, her eyes glued to her romance novel.

“Jongup!”

He looked up at the two of them with a polite and sheepish nod, his schoolbag still slung over his shoulders. Hyerim’s book slipped from her fingers and crashed on the ground as her face flushed bright pink.

“J-Jongup oppa…” She stuttered and turned even redder. He bent to pick her book up from the ground and she nodded bashfully in thanks.

Clueless about how to act in front of girls other than you, he quietly and shyly edged around the two of them and followed the scent of cookies emanating from the kitchen. He found you facing the oven wearing the “World’s Best Dongsaeng” apron Leeteuk had given you on your last birthday.

Jongup cleared his throat and you spun around quickly, shocked.

Though he was smiling like always, the look in his eyes was sad and pitying. Behind your strong façade, he knew you were hurting inside. Wordlessly, he pulled out objects from his bag that he had bought on the way to your house.

The two things that never failed to make you better: Cheesy romantic comedies and a tub of Haagen-Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream.

You were touched that he went through all the trouble for you. In front of your best friend, you were no longer able to control your emotions. Laughing and crying at once, you flung yourself into his arms after he set the stuff down on the counter.

Hoowon and Hyerim stood watching from the living room, not wanting to intrude. Hyerim consciously glanced down at the floor as her cheeks continued to glow bright red. Her sister nudged her.

“You like him, don’t you?” Hoowon murmered playfully, not loud enough for the two of you to hear.

“A-aniyo!” Hyerim shook her head furiously and refused to look up from the ground. Hoowon chucked to herself, knowing her twin far too well.

-------------

After putting the ice cream into the freezer for later, the four of you grabbed notebooks and began to brainstorm ideas for ‘Operation I.D.I.O.T: Insensitive Dino Is Our Target.’

As you all plotted, Leeteuk rushed downstairs and picked the cookies up from the kitchen. He announced from the door that Sora would be over tomorrow to help you, then promptly left for his friend Ryewook’s house to meet with his group of 14.

“Bye Oppa! Don’t let Shindong Oppa eat all of the cookies!” You called.

You all schemed for hours, with small intervals of snacks and talking. You looked around at the concentrated faces of your three closest friends as they wracked their brains for ideas.

Jongup’s eyebrows scrunched together in frustration as he tried hard to think of something. He usually wasn’t good with brainstorming and manipulation, but for you he was trying his very hardest.

After several more hours had passed and the sun had set, the four of you collapsed, mentally drained.

You all decided to call it a day, and the twins had to go home for dinner while Jongup decided to stay and watch the movies with you, not wanting you to be alone on a Friday night.

The two of you sat in front of the TV with a box of pizza laid out before you as you got settled to watch your favorite classic. As you giggled and made faces while watching the movie, Jongup watched you instead, enjoying the sound of your laughter. You two had been watching movies together since you were little kids.

Late in the night, Leeteuk returned home to see you both well into your third movie, laughing as you fed each other the ice cream. It had become a tradition of yours, for you two to feed one another but purposely miss your mouths and smearing it on each other's faces instead.

“Aigoo, what a cute couple,” Leeteuk cooed mockingly as he came nearer.

Jongup’s ears turned red as you rolled your eyes and threw a spoon at him.

“Yah, Oppa! Stop being weird, you know Jonguppie’s my best friend only. Why do you always make it awkward for us?” You whined.

As you returned your gaze to the screen, Jongup looked at the ground bashfully, his ears still flaming. Leeteuk winced. *Ouch. Sorry buddy, looks like you just got friend-zoned.*

---------------------

Sunlight shined onto Jongup’s face and he looked around blearily, confused. Recognizing his surroundings, he found himself on your couch. Had he fallen asleep at your house as you watched a movie? His eyes widened at the thought.

He felt weight shift on his shoulder and he turned his head, immediately stiffening. Your dozing face was only centimeters from his as you snuggled into his arm.

Jongup had fallen asleep leaning backwards, so when you lost consciousness and fell sideways your head had landed on his well-built chest, facing him. His arms had reflectively wrapped tightly around you in his deep slumber to keep you from falling.

He worried his rapid heartbeat would interrupt your sweet dreams, as he quietly watched you and brushed several stray strands of hair from your face. A sweet smile splayed across your face, and he felt himself smiling in response. If he moved his head any closer, your lips would touch.

The front door opened with a loud bang.

You jolted up alarmed, flying off the couch and looking around disorientated. Chuckling as you landed in a heap on the ground, Jongup helped you back up onto the couch.

Sora, who had just entered, eyed the two suspiciously as she set her stuff down on the couch opposite from them.

“Did I interrupt something?” Sora raised an eyebrow mischievously.

“We fell asleep on the couch watching movies last night,” You explained quickly as you eyed the large bags she had brought.

Jongup cleared his throat uncomfortably, “Annyeong, Sora noona. What’s in the bags?”

“The first real step to revenge,” She grinned.

You and Jongup leaned in, intrigued. Sora tilted one of the bags and dozens of cosmetics tumbled out, landing in a heap. Mascara, lip gloss, and brushes flew everywhere.

Her eyes twinkled,

Time for a makeover.”

 

 

 

 

*****************

Ooh, love triangle forming? ;)

Wahhh... Oh my lovely readers, please be patient with me. I'm going through a severe case of writer's block at the moment, but I'm trying my very hardest to update regularly!

Also I was just wondering, do you guys have any fun revenge schemes in mind? If so, please comment and let me know! I'd love to see your ideas, it might give me some inspiration!

Thank you to all of my fantastic readers and subscribers! <3

 

@Alex_LowKey: Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

@hyejinkjj: Yayy welcome new reader! I'll update as soon as possible :)

@iapple: Heck yeah! ;D

@Seul_Gi: Lmaoo yes, swagg! No more Mr. Nice Guy hehehe... and thank you! :)