Fake Date #1: Bickering and Milkshakes

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

The next day at school, the halls flooded with students as the school bell rang for lunch. Everyone dispersed into their own groups of friends as most of them headed to the cafeteria.

Jonghyun, on the other hand, had other plans in mind for lunch.

He eagerly led a cute petite girl in the grade beneath him to the back of the school, holding her hand and tugging her along as she giggled cutely.

“Oppa, where are you taking me?” She covered with one hand to stifle another excited laugh from escaping.

“I just thought you’d like to talk somewhere a little more… private,” He winked. “We can get to know each other.”

He stopped in his tracks as he saw that his special ‘romantic’ corner was already occupied.

From afar he couldn’t discern the identity of the figures; he only saw a couple leaning close to each other and murmuring to each other in a flirtatious manner.

Even from this distance, he could tell the girl was a beauty; her dainty hands held firmly in those of the blonde man in front of her, making the scene before them seem intimate.

--------------                                                

“Pabo.”

“Dork.”

“Meanie.”

“Crybaby.”

“Your hair makes you look like a pineapple.”

“Shut up, munchkin. I’m amazed you can see the top of my head.”

You and Youngjae fought hard to make your tone and gestures seem romantic, when in reality the entire time the two of you had been murmuring insults to each other. It was a desperate attempt to make the situation less awkward as he clasped your hands tightly, but it was working well.

“You know, I’ve never seen your face this close up before,” you whispered as you tilted your head.

“Are you mesmerized by my dashing good looks?” He winked cheekily.

“It’s just… Your cheeks are so chubby.”

He narrowed his eyes at you, careful so that it wasn’t visible to their spectators.

“Call me cute and I’ll kill you.”

“Aigoo, so adorable! Pabo Youngjae has baby fat~” You teased quietly until you heard footsteps approaching you. Knowing it was Jonghyun, you were completely at a loss of what to do and froze. Youngjae thought fast on his feet and quickly pulled you into a tight embrace.

You felt yourself stiffen in surprise at the strong arms surrounding you.

Jonghyun approached the couple, recognizing the guy from being in his math class even though the boy was a grade younger. He still couldn’t see the girl since her face was now buried into his shoulder as they hugged.

He cleared his throat loudly.

“Hey, dude, this place is already booked. For me. Why don’t you take your girlfriend somewhere else-”

His sentence cut off as the couple broke apart, revealing you looking flustered and even more beautiful as a rosy blush crept up your cheeks.

“Oops, looks like we got caught,” You giggled, pretending not to see Jonghyun and only having eyes for Youngjae, “Ah, yeobo, I’m so embarrassed! Should we just continue this later?” You pouted cutely as you clung onto Youngjae’s arm.

Jonghyun quirked his eyebrow as Youngjae your cheek sweetly, “Sure, darling. Meet me by your locker after school ends.”

You nodded and pecked him on the cheek, making Jonghyun’s already raised eyebrow lift even higher. The both of you left in separate directions, Youngjae walking around the far corner of the building as you turned the opposite direction, ‘accidently’ bumping right into your ex-boyfriend.

“Whoops!” You exclaimed as you collided into him. You looked up to meet his eyes and to his surprise, you smiled at him. “Sorry buddy, didn’t see you there!”

You patted his shoulder and then walked past him and around the corner, and he tilted his head in confusion.

*Buddy?*

He shook his head and turned back to the cutesy girl in front of him, biting her nail looking lost. He smiled flirtatiously, “Now… Where were we?”

From around the corner, you shuddered in mortification as your mind replayed the embrace with Youngjae. Though the two of you were on good terms, you only viewed him as a nagging older brother. Having to be so intimate with him unnerved you, and he felt the exact same way.

You anxiously waited for the end of the day.

-----------

After the final bell, you and Youngjae quickly rushed off to the ice cream parlor that you knew Jonghyun would pass by on his way home. You quickly ordered something from the large menu and the two of you took a seat by the window so he would have no choice but to see.

Ten minutes later, Jonghyun trudged his way back home with his hands in his pocket as he looked around, deep in thought. He quickly glanced at the ice creamery as he passed by, then did a double take in surprise.

Seated at one of the booths were you and Youngjae, enjoying yourselves so much it seemed to be a romantic scene from a movie. You were laughing loudly at something he had said, a couple’s milkshake set between the two of you.

Jonghyun stood rooted to the spot, for some reason unable to look away from the window. The both of you took a sip from it simultaneously, you looking up bashfully to meet Youngjae’s intelligent eyes.

As you both leaned back, you wiped a bit of cream off of his upper lip and you both began to happily laugh again, Youngjae breaking into a warm smile.

Jonghyun woke up from his daze and began to resume his walk home.

*I’m surprised she’s rebounding so quickly… The major shock is that she found another guy. He’ll get bored of her just like I did soon enough.*

From inside the ice cream parlor, you waited for Jonghyun to leave before quickly whipping your straw out of the milkshake and sighing in relief. Youngjae looked absolutely disgusted.

“Aish, I think I’m going to barf.”

“Thanks, I had fun too,” You rolled your eyes sarcastically.

“Hey, be honored you got to go on a ‘fake’ date with me.” Youngjae fixed his spiked hair haughtily, “Although, I’ll admit: It was nice pretending to go on a date. I had… fun.” He ruffled your hair, “See you, munchkin.”

You shook your head in amusement as he headed for the door.

--------------

As soon as you entered your house you were bombarded by your three closest girl friends. Sora, Hoowon, and Hyerim had eagerly been awaiting your arrival and greeted you by attacking you with hugs and squeals.

Once the trio had calmed down and you regained your breath, you demanded an update on the situation. Hyerim had been spying behind a bush next to the ice cream parlor to see Jonghyun’s reaction to the act.

“It went perfectly!” Hyerim giggled happily, “You should have seen his face! This wiped that smug smile right off of him!”

You broke into a grin and the four of you began squealing and cheering again.

“And the fun begins!” Sora’s eyes twinkled slyly, “Let’s go celebrate.”

 

 

 

*******************

And this concludes Youngjae's date with you! ;)

Please feel free to comment and subscribe!

Speaking of B.A.P.... Did anyone see the music video for 'No Mercy'?! Ahhh! If not, go check it out right now. Right. Now. It's good. <3

...And some of them changed the hair color yet again.... Smh. That can't be healthy.

 

@kcmusicfan: Lololol 'Zero'? I'm assuming that's a typo? Hahahah. And omg, we share one bias! Himchan is one of my favorites too! High five! :D