The Mastermind's Plan

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

“…And that’s when I came up with an idea.” Youngjae concluded his introduction.

The other five boys and you were seated on your couch, waiting earnestly to hear his proposal. Soon as school had ended Youngjae had rounded you all up and insisted you all go somewhere to talk.

All of you were eager to hear his idea, especially you. Though you didn’t want to admit it since it would go straight to his big head, Yoo Youngjae was one of the smartest people you knew; his ideas were always the best.

“Since you said Jonghyun always hated seeing you with any other person of the opposite ,” Youngjae’s eyes glinted, “I say we bring another guy into the picture.”

“BWOH?!” All five of the boys sitting around you shot off of the couch, leaping up in indignation. You sat completely frozen in shock, a blush creeping up your face as you slowly comprehended his words.

“Yah! _____’s heart just got broken like what- 5 days ago? How do you expect her to get back on the playing field so soon?!” Yongguk gestured to you protectively.

“Aish, you idiots,” Youngjae rolled his eyes, “I mean a fake romantic interest. I’m not asking _____ to go fall in love with someone just to get back at her ex-boyfriend.”

The boys visibly relaxed and resumed their seats. Jongup let out a breath he hadn’t even realized he’d been holding and unclenched his tense fists.

“Besides,” Youngjae continued mischievously as he walked over to you, “Who would fall for a pabo like this little girl so quickly?” He ruffled your hair affectionately. You snapped out of your daze and stuck your tongue out at him impishly, accustomed to this kind of banter from the smartass.

“What the hell is going on here?” A voice came from the top of the stairs.

The seven of you looked up. Based on your brother’s furious expression, you realized he had heard the ending of your plan.

Face completely red, he stormed downstairs and came face-to-face with Youngjae. Beside you on the couch, Jongup stiffened out of fear; he hadn’t forgotten Leeteuk’s threat to rearrange his face.

“Explain. Now.”

Leeteuk sat on a cushioned chair opposite them as Youngjae described the situation to him. You and the other six boys were squeezed onto the couch opposite your brother, anxiously waiting for his verdict.

By the time the Brain had finished the story, Leeteuk had visibly calmed down. All of you waited with your breath held as he mulled over what to say. Slowly, he nodded his head and you all exhaled deeply.

“Now that that’s cleared up,” Yongguk cleared his throat and stood up authoritatively, “Let’s get to work. What guy are we planning to have _____ ‘date’?

Youngjae sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. Before he could admit that he hadn’t come up with that part yet, Leeteuk cut him off.

“Easy. One of you guys, of course.”

There was a moment of silence as all six boys turned to look at your brother with wide eyes. You covered your face with your hands in mortification and sank into the couch, wanting to vanish into dust right then and there. Before any of B.A.P could say anything, Leeteuk held up a hand to silence them.

“Come on, think logically. I know none of you have feelings for _____ romantically, but who else are you going to find so last minute?”

The boys looked at each other, realizing their hyung was right. “Now… which one is it going to be?”

Your ears flamed bright red and you covered your face in embarrassment, wanting no part in this.

The boys had ensued into chaos.

Zelo’s face had turned beet red and had began to stammer madly, and Youngjae’s eyebrows furrowed, for once at a loss of what to say. Jongup froze, sweat breaking out on his forehead. Himchan leapt up to volunteer and Daehyun tried to bolt for the door, but before things could get too out of hand, Yongguk spoke determinedly.

“All of us.”

Every pair of eyes in the room turned to stare at him, dumbstruck.

Youngjae smacked his forehead, being the first to understand. “Of course!”

Your gaze hadn’t left Yongguk, still not comprehending his answer. He bent down next to you to explain.

“If you really want play with that bastard, this is the best way. How, you ask? Let me explain. Jongup,” He called. Jongup’s head shot up and he looked at his hyung wide-eyed.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Imagine yourself in this situation. If you were a player who had recently broken up with a girl, what would make you more upset: Seeing her with one guy, or seeing her with six different guys?”

Jongup turned red and stammered, “U-uh, six?”

Yongguk smiled a gummy grin and nodded.

“Exactly. Are you okay with this, _____?” You nodded. “What about you, hyung?” Yongguk turned to Leeteuk respectfully.

Leeteuk reluctantly nodded. “I think this could actually work. I’m warning you though, none of you even think about getting too touchy-touchy,” Leeteuk glared at them all threateningly, especially Himchan. “If I hear anything otherwise, let’s just say I’ll make sure you’re incapable of having kids.”

You rolled your eyes, and your brother left with a cheery smile. The boys around you had turned silent as they gulped in fear.

To break the uncomfortable lapse, Zelo’s frightened face broke into a cute smile as he jumped up and began talking.

“So, who goes first? Ooh! Can it be me?! I want a date with ____ noona!”

Himchan flipped his hair, “I think it should go in order of most handsome. In other words: I’m first.”

“Aniyo!” Zelo whined, “Noona naekkeoya! (Noona is mine)”

As you giggled, Youngjae cut their argument off, “Aish, you two are so childish! Well, Zelo has an excuse. Anyway, we’re picking straws to decide the order of the ‘dates.’”

You held out five straws with different lengths, the order in shortest to longest. There were shouts of excitement and moans of disappointment from five of them.

Youngjae realized he didn’t get a straw. “Yah! What about me? Does this mean I don’t get a date?”

You came by and flicked his forehead playfully, “Don’t get your hopes up, pabo.”

“Since this whole thing was your idea,” Yongguk grinned, “You get to go first.”

 

 

 

*********************

Welcome new subscribers! <3

 

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far!

Which guy from BAP are you most excited to go on a 'date' with? ;)

Comment and let me know!

 

@Partypanda31: Haha I agree, Jonghyun totally had it coming. :P

@Seul_Gi: Thank you! Glad you liked it, that was one of my favorite chapters to write lol :)