Fake Date #2: Burgers and Skateboards

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

“You what?!”

You and Hyerim fell off of your couch in laughter as Hoowon crossed her arms grumpily. After school had ended the twins had come to your house and Hoowon had described the events that had taken place.

“Wait a minute,” you gasped as you fought for air, “You were never into Key before! If you’re so upset about it, why’d you say yes?”

Hoowon thought for a minute, not wanting to reveal the real motive for her to agree to the date. If you knew she just wanted the pictures of Jonghyun, you would disapprove and tell her not to.

“He’s been flirting with me for so long, I might as well give him a chance,” She grumbled unhappily.

Hyerim clapped her on the back proudly.

“Good for you!” She beamed at her sister, “And in all honestly… I always thought you two would be cute together.”

Hyerim quickly ducked out of the way squealing as her sister aimed a swing at her with a pillow, causing you all to laugh once again.

Chuckling, you glanced at your watch and let out a shriek, causing the girls to jump.

“Omo! It’s almost time for my date with Zelo! Bye guys!” You scrambled out the door quickly to meet up with him.

Hyerim shook her head affectionately, then turned to look at her sister mischievously. Hoowon stared back reproachfully, scared of what her sister was planning.

“Let’s go buy something pretty for your date with Key~!” Hyerim giggled and jumped off of the couch.

“Ack! Don’t call it the D-word!” Hoowon covered her hands with her ears childishly.

Hyerim pulled her off the couch as well and dragged her towards the door. Hoowon unwillingly gave in to her sister’s insistence. Hyerim was a very lenient person, but if she wanted something she stuck to it.

“Hey, I have an idea! What’s say we make this a double date? Key and I, and you and… Jongup?” Hoowon suggested while wiggling her eyebrows teasingly.

Hyerim turned red and looked at the ground,

“Oh please; He doesn’t even know I exist.”

------------

Jonghyun leaned his head out the window of his car and sighed in frustration as Jessica continued to whine about their date.

“Of all the nice places in the city, you bring me here? God, what a waste of a Friday night! I should have gone out with Donghae instead…” She crossed her arms petulantly.

Jonghyun ruffled his hair and exhaled, looking out the car window as Jessica continued to nag him.

“And I’m on a diet too! How could you bring someone who can’t eat carbs to a place like this?”

He honestly didn’t see what was wrong with taking a girl to McDonald’s parking lot for a date; it had actually been one of yours and his favorite places to go for a relaxed night out. You would both order burgers and catch up on your week while sitting in the car.

It was simple, but fun.

Jonghyun thought he saw someone familiar and tilted his head further out the window, his eyes widening in recognition.

*No way… it can’t be. Must be my imagination. That’s not…?*

As if the very thought of it conjured you up, Jonghyun stiffened as he saw two figures in the distance, walking closely. It was near enough that their conversation was just in earshot, and the voices sounded familiar as well.

------------

You approached the fast food place holding hands with Zelo, laughing loudly at one of his jokes.

“What’s with the blue? I swear, you look like you could be TOP’s little brother!” You chuckled as you reached up to ruffle his now-blue hair. He shook his head but couldn’t help but laugh too.

Though Zelo was blushing brightly at the skin contact, your ‘date’ with him was much less uncomfortable than Youngjae’s.

You saw Jonghyun’s car in the distance and nudged Zelo discreetly, telling him to start the act since Jonghyun could probably hear you both.

“Noona, thank you for agreeing to go out with me,” Zelo rubbed his neck sheepishly, “Sorry I couldn’t afford to take you anywhere better.”

Trying not to laugh, you slipped your arm around his waist and smiled reassuringly,

“As long as you’re with the right person, it doesn’t matter where you are. I’m just happy to be with you, Zelo.”

Jonghyun tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

After you and Zelo ordered your meals, you sat on one of the benches as Zelo performed tricks for you on his skateboard while you cheered. You two ended up having so much fun laughing and joking, you forgot it was supposed to be a date.

Zelo soon realized how platonic it all seemed; someone would know that they were just friends rather than dating at the sight. He came up with an idea.

“Noona, want me to teach you how to ride a skateboard?”

Not understanding the wicked glint in his eyes, you agreed cautiously. He helped you onto the board and you looked at him cluelessly. He eagerly nodded for you to continue and you pushed off with one foot.

As you lost your balance, like Zelo knew you would, he darted a quick look at Jonghyun’s car before rushing over and placing his hands on either side of your waist to steady you. He kept them there and began to push you along slowly.

You froze for a second out of shock and then, finally catching on, you placed your hands on his broad shoulders to keep balance as well as look more intimate. His ears flushed a bright pink and you were suddenly reminded of how young he was, despite his height.

From the car, Jonghyun’s knuckles turned white and he gritted his teeth.

Jessica waved her elegant hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his daze.

“Hello? Are you even listening?”

He smiled at here suavely and tilted his head. “Sorry, babe. I got a little… distracted.”

Jessica continued on with her long and uninteresting story, but as Jonghyun turned his head back to where you were, there was no sign of you nor Zelo.

----------

The walk home after your fake date was long and silent, Zelo overcome with shyness at what to do.

To break the awkwardness, you pretended to let out a shudder. Zelo blinked at you in surprise and confusion.

“Aish, after today I feel like such a pedonoona!” You whined and he burst out laughing.

“Oh please, you’re barely older than me! Besides,” he teased, “With your height, no one would believe I’m younger! Maybe you should call me oppa~”

Laughing, you pushed him and ran, “In your dreams!”

The mood had turned light again as the two of you walked back home after a wonderful night at the parking lot.

 

 

 

 

**************

...They have McDonald's in Korea, right?

I would assume so.

Anyways... and that concludes your 'date' with maknae Zelo! Thoughts? :)

Please feel free to comment! <3

 

 

@kcmusicfan: Aww, thank you! You're too kind, I missed your sweet comments! :)