Thunderstorm

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

Thursday morning as kids bustled towards their first class, a blonde and blue head poked itself from around a corner. Soon, a brown-haired head followed. And another.

Soon, six multi-color haired boys were peaking out into the hallway from the boy’s locker room, trying to leave the room unseen. They managed to slip into the main hallway unnoticed, Yongguk sliding something in one pocket while Daeyhun hid the other.

They couldn’t resist snickering to themselves at the prank that would take place all in due course.

“So the basketball game with Jonghyun and his friends in gym is going to be tomorrow. You boys ready?” Himchan looked at all the boys devilishly.

Youngjae grinned impishly, “This is going to be fun.”

----------------------

After school had ended that day, you had sent a quick text out to your three best friends inviting them to your house to come up with more schemes (along with help Hoowon prepare for her date with Key tomorrow). Sora was already over as well, her and your brother having a casual date at home.

Jongup arrived shortly, and as you both set up snacks for the two of you and the twins, a loud boom of thunder resonated throughout the house, causing you all to jump in alarm.

You and Jongup moved toward the kitchen window, where outside you could see a heavy downpour falling onto the streets.

The next clap of thunder was accompanied almost simultaneously with the sound of the phone ringing.  Leeteuk jogged over to answer it, and ended the call after a few short exchanges.

He approached you both by the window, “That was Hyerim and Hoowon. They asked to come over some other time; the rain put them in no mood to leave the house.”

Jongup sighed, “Guess the meeting’s off. I’ll just head home-”

“Nonsense,” Leeteuk interrupted, “I’m not letting you bike home in a thunderstorm! Just stay here until it stops raining.” He was surprised at himself; he didn’t like many boys to be around his dongsaeng, but Jongup was always an exception.

Jongup broke into a sweet smile, “Thanks, hyung.”

After Leeteuk nodded and left to join Sora watching a movie in the living room, Jongup returned his attention to you, realizing you had been silent the whole conversation.

You hadn’t moved an inch from the window, your back to him and it was clear you hadn’t even been listening.

Jongup grew worried, but before he could ask if you were upset, the lights flickered out as the power went out throughout the neighborhood. Leeteuk’s shout of surprise was audible even from the kitchen.

You remained immobile in front of the window as Jongup hastily looked around the house for any source of light, not wanting you to remain in the dark for very long.

He stumbled into the living room where Teuk and Sora had taken advantage of the power outage to make a romantic ambiance. They were snuggled together on the couch, surrounded by dozens of candles which gave the room a soft and sensual atmosphere.

Blushing over having intruded on such an intimate moment, Jongup quickly ducked into the room, stole a lit candle, then slipped out unnoticed.

He jogged back to your spot in the kitchen, “Hey, I got the-”

He stopped short when he realized you still hadn’t moved, and slowly walked around you to see your face, instantly relieved.

You weren’t upset; you were in awe, eyes plastered to the view as you were mesmerized by the drops of rain falling from above.  A small smile was spread across your face, growing wider every time lightening splayed across the sky or thunder boomed.

Jongup chuckled as he recalled how much you loved thunderstorms. Even when you were little, while other girls would whine and lament about the gloomy weather, you would grow excited, seeing the storms as exhilarating and mystical.

It was one of the first things about you that he fell in love with.

Gazing at your face, he called your name softly. As you turned to look at him, he temporarily lost his voice at the sight of the breathtaking girl before him.

With Jongup holding the candle in front of himself, it flickered between the two of you, bathing your face in the soft glow of the firelight. The light dancing from the flames highlighted all of your features, making your eyes glimmer as Jongup was unable to look away.

You looked at him in curiosity, and when he snapped out of his daze, his normal absentminded expression was replaced with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Would you like to go outside with me?”

A wide smile sprung onto your face, eyes shining brightly as you nodded, “I would love to.”

-------------

Thunder continued to crackle from above as the well-built boy and dainty girl played on the street in the rain.

They seemed to be having a ball, jumping in puddles and getting soaked as they attempted to splash each other. The girl shrieked with delight as he picked her up bridal style and spun her around, the droplets hitting their faces.

Jongup chuckled as you pounded your fists on his chest meekly, demanding to be put down. He let you down and took your hands gently, and you both began to waltz on the street jokingly.

The two of you laughed until your chests hurt at what a strange sight you must seem like to the neighbors. Unable to stop giggling, you broke away from Jongup as you turned and continued to spin in circles, your damp hair whipping around you as you held your arms out.

You soon lost momentum and just stood still, your face tilted upwards to the clouds, eyes shut as you let the raindrops caress your face. Jongup jogged to where you had spun off to, and stood silently as well as he watched you in peace.

Feeling his presence, you murmured, “I’ve always loved the rain. The way the sky itself seems to be speaking to you, it just seems so… magical. Don’t you think?” You opened your eyes and turned to look at him.

Quietly observing your face, eyes roving over the way your damp hair perfectly framed your face and the raindrops clung to your eyelashes, the only thing Jongup found magical was you.

He was deeply under the spell you had unknowingly cast on him.

Slowly, as if in a daze, he took one step towards you. And another, and another, until he was soon standing directly in front of you, until you could feel the heat of his breath when he exhaled.

You looked up at him curiously, his small eyes boring into yours with an intensity you had never seen before. With that same careful movement, as if he had been possessed by something, he began to incline his head.

He took another step forward until there was less than an inch of space in between you two, and his eyes fluttered shut as his head continued to descend. Your mind shut down as you tried to make sense of his actions.

Just before his lips were within a centimeter of yours, the loud bang of a door slamming open caused you to jump back in alarm, breaking him from his trance.

“Yah, _____! Get back inside before you ruin your makeup!” Sora shouted crossly before returning inside your house.

 

 

 

 

*************

ed by Sora XD

Hope that chapter was as romantic as it was in my head? 

....It's ironic, I hadn't heard B.A.P's song 'Dancing In The Rain' until after I wrote this chapter lmaoo :P

I hope everyone liked it! Please comment and subscribe, my lovely and amazing readers! <3

@--Angelmato--: Haha thank you! So glad you liked it! Looks like Jjong is jelly~ ;P

@kcmusicfan: Thank you! I had to make his date as cute as he was lol :)

@Alex27948: Yes yes, I'll update as soon as I can! :)  Sorry if it's been a while!

@live_laugh_love: Thank you! Hope you like it! :) <3