Smiling Again

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

You and Sora were conversing seriously and determinedly when you heard a tentative knock on your door. You both looked up, startled, and an amused smile crossed her face.

“It’s safe,” She called.

Leeteuk cautiously poked his head into your room, and soon the rest of him followed. While Sora had been calming you down, he had been preparing something downstairs that he thought would help.

He proudly held up the dartboard with Jonghyun’s picture plastered on it. Sora squealed in delight at the invention and you felt the shadow of a smile begin to reappear on your face again.

Leeteuk and Sora spent all of their energy into cheering you up again.

Each of you took a turn hurling darts at Jonghyun’s handsome face, earning extra points if you marred any of his chiseled features. Your brother was trying especially hard to make you smile, cheering enthusiastically when you hit Jonghyun's eye spot on.

In the presence of the cheerful TeukSo couple, you felt yourself beginning to laugh again. You were warmed by the reminder of the people that loved you so much.

By the end of the game, the three of you could no longer contain your amusement as you fell on the floor in hysterics.

“Ah, yeobo,” Sora gasped after a fit of laughter, “This dartboard with his picture on it was a great idea. The things you can do with photos!”

“Sora Unnie, you don’t want to know what he did with a photo of you!” You giggled, “He has a life-size poster of you in his room!”

You laughed as you recalled the moment you had walked in on him talking to it.

Sora looked at him wide-eyed as Leeteuk blushed profusely, shaking his head frantically, “A-Aniyo! She’s lying! Aish, you little-” Leeteuk began to chase you around, all of you breaking into laughter again.

Sora and Leeteuk were silently relieved they managed to cheer you up for the time being.

After you had all calmed down again, Sora informed Leeteuk on what she had in mind to do about the situation. He promised to help in any way he can.

Sora looked at you, “Ready to put this idea to work?” You nodded. “Great. I’ll go call those twin friends of yours.”

--------

Jongup paced back and forth and looked at the door nervously. He badly wanted to go see you this very instant, but his hyungs had advised him to give you some time.

His heart ached and he hung his head in frustration. He stared at his cell phone in loathing, the lifeless thing sitting there mocking him as he waited for your call.

*Aish, ______, if only you listened to me from the beginning. I told you not to trust someone like him; everyone could see how he’d been changing. Now look at what’s happened. I wish you were with someone who truly cared about you, who loved you. Someone...like me.*

He took the phone in his hands and gazed at it as he waited for it to ring.

---------

You tensed as you heard footsteps coming down the hall. Sora grasped your hand tightly, comforting you. You didn’t even want to think about what a mess you’d be if it wasn’t for her.

“You okay?” Sora whispered gently.

You nodded bravely and continued to gaze out the window, your expression blank as you built up the courage to face your two closest girl friends. Sora had called them and filled them in on the predicament. Jongup wasn’t coming; you planned to meet up with him another time.

Hyerim and Hoowon paused outside your bedroom door and glanced uneasily at each other, worried for their best friend; you were hardly ever upset, so they had no idea how to comfort you.

Should they have brought tissues? A teddy bear? A punching bag with Jonghyun’s face on it? The last option was Hoowon’s personal favorite, but Hyerim strongly disagreed, thinking it too violent. They had been arguing about that the entire ride here, completely at a loss of what to do.

“You go first” Hyerim blurted, shoving Hoowon at your door.

Hoowon whirled around to glare at her, “No way. We are going in together.”

You could hear the twins whispering anxiously outside the door to your room.  Even from afar you knew they were bickering, and you couldn’t help but chuckle softly.  Sora, who had been reassuringly your hand, released you to open the door for them, ushering them inside.

They entered cautiously unsure of what to do as they saw you sitting quietly in a chair, your back facing them as you gazed out the window.

“Ermm…_____?” Hyerim began uneasily.

You spun around in your chair and looked up at them brightly. The twins stared back at you in shock. They had been expecting tears, screaming, or at the very least a somber mood. What they had not expected was coming in to see you greeting them as normal as any other day. It worried them more than if you had been crying.

“What’s up, guys?” You beamed up at them from your chair, fully aware they were questioning your sanity.

You were enjoying every minute of it.

“_____... are you all right?” Hoowon began nervously, laying a hand gently on top of yours.

You laughed loudly, making them both jump while Sora watched amusingly from behind.

“Of course I’m all right! Why wouldn’t I be?” You were thoroughly enjoying the situation at hand.

“Because… Um, Jonghyun…” Hyerim trailed off, anxiously biting her lip.

Your smile slipped for a second, then quickly reappeared.

“Oh… that.” You quickly glanced at Sora who nodded encouragingly, “What about him?”

“Aren’t you…upset?” Hyerim asked the ground, unable to look up.

Your smile was replaced by solemnity as you stared ahead, gazing in nothing in particular. “I was. Oh God, I was. Ask Sora Unnie, I was an emotional wreck.” You looked up the meet the twins’ eyes.

Hyerim glanced quickly at Sora who was nodding in agreement. She silently gestured to the other side of the room, which the twins hadn’t noticed since their attention was so focused on you. Hoowon’s eyes widened and Hyerim gasped in shock at the damage.

It looked as if a tornado had blown through the room, broken ceramic shards and ripped pictures littering the floor. Pictures of you and Jonghyun that you had lovingly adorned the walls with now lay in a corner, smashed.

“Th-then what happened?” Hoowon asked, stunned.

“Yeah, w-why do you seem so normal now?” Hyerim’s expression mirrored her sister’s.

“Because then I realized, why get upset…” A smirk began to form on your face.

“When you can get even?”

 

 

 

 

*******************

Ohh snap... let the games begin!

I've been watching too much of TeukSo's We Got Married online, they're just so cute haha :)

@iapple: Lol, I'm glad someone caught that!

@JongKeyIsyyy: Well hopefully it never does happen to you, but it's good advice either way haha. It's what I always tell my friends! And thank you! <3

@Seul_Gi: Yayy, new reader! Thank you so much! :)

@kcmusicfan: Hehehe, Sora's words of wisdom. :)