Fake Date #3: Chocolate Strawberries and Secrets

Sweet, Sweet Revenge

Jonghyun almost stumbled over his own feet in shock as his eyes locked on your face, quickly turning away so as to not make eye contact. He picked up his speed to pass by quickly, unable to get your image out of his head.

After he was a safe distance ahead on the gravel pathway, he dared sneak a glance backwards.

To his relief and dismay, you seemed not to have noticed him; you were too engaged in telling a joke to your date, who grinned widely.

Jonghyun longed to hear what was so funny.

He took another peek back at you and regretted it. Yongguk now carried you piggyback style on his back as you squealed out of fright and tried to hit him. You let out a shriek as he spun in a few circles to scare you and he let out a deep chuckle.

Shaking his head, Jonghyun turned up the volume on his iPod and resumed jogging with even more determination, trying desperately to get the ring of your laugh out of his mind.

Upon his 2nd lap around the park, Jonghyun cautiously looked around, and was glad to find that the couple was no longer walking on the path.

Passing by a small grouping of trees, he groaned inwardly to find the two of you sprawled comfortably on a picnic blanket instead.

On your lap was a small box of your homemade chocolate strawberries that Jonghyun knew all too well, as you used to make them frequently for him. He could feel his mouth beginning to water at the sight of them.

Smiling sweetly, you carefully fed them to Yongguk, laughing at how the chocolate covered his mouth messily as you wiped it tenderly with a napkin.

In a brash mood of defiance, as Jonghyun passed by the two of you he whipped out his phone and began talking obnoxiously loud into it, enough so that you could hear.

“Hello, Jessica? Hey babe. I missed you. What say you and I meet up sometime real soon?”

You quirked an eyebrow in amusement as Jonghyun continued to spew out his usual cheesy attempts at flirtation. Being a guy, Yongguk understood what he was trying to do and chuckled at his immatureness.

The two of you waited, and as soon as Jonghyun was much farther away and out of earshot, you and Yongguk shifted slightly apart. An uncomfortable mood set over you both, and you let out an awkward cough.

This was weird for Yongguk. Very weird. He was awkward around girls in general, and found himself at a loss of what to say. Since you had known him for so long, you understood his predicament and tried to lighten the mood by talking.

Yongguk gazed off into the distance, deep in thought. He looked troubled, as if he had something to say; you took a large sip of banana milk as you waited patiently.

“Does Hyerim like me?!” Yongguk blurted suddenly.

PFFT! The banana milk sprayed out of your mouth, making him cringe. You gawked at him in shock as his cheeks slowly turned red. You would never have imagined seeing the school’s kingka like this- awkwardly fidgeting as his ears flamed.

Slowly, the wheels in your head began to turn.

You recalled the way Yongguk suddenly grew quiet whenever Hyerim approached them, the way he would often be seated somewhat near her, the way you would often catch him looking at her as she read her books.

“You like her, don’t you?” You whispered excitedly, your eyes sparkling.

Yongguk bashfully scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment, confirming your suspicion. You let out a squeal of excitement.

Though you had never thought about it before, you realized how amazing a couple the two would make. If opposites attract, who would be more perfect for a masculine, confident kingka than the shy, sweet bookworm?

You decided to yourself that you would become this couple’s cupid, whether they knew it or not.

--------

Hoowon tiredly kicked the door to her house shut, removing her shoes before sprawling across the couch as she reflected over her evening with Key.

It had been a whirlwind of a night.

Not surprisingly, Key had taken her shopping. They had wandered for hours down some of the busiest streets in Seoul, window shopping and eating various street foods and sweets. Key had insisted on buying cute couple phone accessories and attached one onto Hoowon’s cell when she wasn’t looking.

As expected, they had argued 90% of the time. They called each other names, disagreed on fashion choices, spent ages deciding on a place to eat. But the other 10%, Key was surprisingly sweet. Though Hoowon didn’t want to admit it, Key knew how to treat a lady.

Shaking her head of the conflicting thoughts, she fished an object out of her purse and looked at it happily. Key’s camera rested in her palms.

*At lease I got what I wanted.* Hoowon sighed happily as she hugged the camera to her chest.

*Just wait till Monday.*

----------

You and Yongguk were still talking comfortably when Jonghyun approached once more. On a sudden impulse, rather than passing by the two of you once more, he hid behind one of the trees to eavesdrop on your conversation.

The two of you were discussing Yongguk’s interest in hip hop when you heard a twig snap. You smirked, having a small feeling of what it might be. *And the scene continues. Action!*

You yawned tiredly and leaned your head on Yongguk’s shoulder and began playing with one of his hands. He looked at you, shocked by your sudden intimate actions; especially after he had just confessed to liking one of your best friends.

You subtly nudged him and shifted your eyes towards the trees, and he caught on quickly to the fact they were being watched.

“Oppa,” you said cutely, “This date was wonderful. Thank you, any girl would be so lucky to have you.”

You said this not only to make Jonghyun upset, but to help build Yongguk’s confidence around Hyerim as well. He smiled at you sweetly and thanked you in his deep bass voice.

“I really had a great time tonight,” you beamed up at him.

Jonghyun gritted his teeth from behind the tree. *She’s said that to almost every one of her dates. Were her words just as meaningless when she said them to me too?*

You told Yongguk you were tired and the two of you rose, cleaning up the food and folding up the picnic blanket. Upon leaving, you passed by the tree where you knew a certain someone was hiding.

“Oh, Jonghyun! I didn’t see you there,” Yongguk smiled amiably and waved.

Jonghyun coughed awkwardly and leaned against a tree, pretending to just have been casually resting there. You waved at him too, as if he were some distant friend, then rejoined hands with Yongguk and began walking home.

As he watched the two of you leave, Jonghyun sighed and slumped against the tree.

*This has been the worst day ever. What the hell is going on?*

 

 

*************

And so concludes your date with B.A.P's leader!

Hope you guys liked it! Let me know in the comments! <3

The story's not getting too complicated, is it? :S

Also, I'm really truly honestly veeeery sorry for not being able to update as often, school has just been ridiculous! I feel terrible.

I'm trying my best for you all, though! Hopefully I'll put up another update soon! Fighting! <3

 

@--Angelmato--: Hopefully this chapter answered your question haha, it was Yongguk! Good guess! He dyed his hair pink for the 'Crash' promotions last month. I recently heard he dyed it yet again... it's impossible to keep up with those boys. :P

@kcmusicfan: Aww, thank you! It really means a lot :)