Dance Time!....Soon

Awkward Adventures

I’d missed my chance, Yongguk would be disappointed, but it had to happen sometime. Two months and I’d only kissed him on the cheek a few times. Neither of us wanted to rush this, it was too special, but I felt like we were missing out on something.

As I was walking to school I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun to see Yongguk looking expectant. “So?” He flashed a smile which flickered away when he realised my confusion. “How’d it go?” He seemed frustrated with my expression. “Did you kiss him?!”

“Ah calm down! I’m right here ok.” He was dissatisfied with the response.

“Oh come on.” He raised a brow then frowned when he saw my head drop.

We walked to school in silence as Yongguk contemplated my situation.

School went by as usual, though it all seemed a little worse than usual. I perked up at the thought of Art at the end of the day. Along with not having kissed him, I still hadn’t really watched Jongup dance; only a few glimpses through the dance room doors, his cute happy dances when Yongguk forced him to do aegyo. Having Art in the afternoon meant I could persuade Jongup to let me see him practice.

When it was all finished I swiped passed Yongguk as he left his class, hearing a deep ‘oi’ as he called to my back. I waved behind me and raced to the dance room. Jongup’s last class was his free period, which he always spent in the dance room.

As I reached the room the door opened and I ran smack into someone’s tense broad and somewhat sweaty shoulders.

“Ah Jonguppie!” He turned and caught me as I almost fell over. He laughed at my clumsiness.

“Hey,” he rubbed the back of his neck, the tendons in his arm showing, “how are you?”

We exchanged somewhat awkward greetings again as I huffed from jog. Sooon, after standing in silence for a minute, I blurted out my request.

“I was really hoping I could see you dance.” I rushed my words, begging in my mind for him to say yes, but my shy nerves shouted no.

“Oh,” surprise rocked his expression, “um, I guess.”

I sighed in relief and anticipation.

“But not now, I have a competition this weekend and I need to focus.” He peeked at me while rubbing his pecs with a towel. I gave him an incredulous look and he huffed but smiled. “You’re quite distracting you know.” This time, I huffed. Though realising my thoughts; “In a good way, uh I mean. Sometimes it’s good.” I peeked at him, a smile tugging at my lips.

“Will you come to the competition? You can see me dance there.” My mind did a happy dance but I just smiled and nodded.

With that he took my hand. I was completely aware of his warmth, his strong but soft hands. My heart fluttered at the thought of finally seeing him dance. We made our way to our lockers as I got funny looks from other girls in the school, and then headed home only for an exasperated Yongguk to find us and complain at me for running away.

 

 

 

------------

Sorry it's a bit short, I've been focusing on a different fanfic I'm writing, I hope the next one is longer and that more will happen. ^-^ Thankyou to everyone subscribing!